Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Natyala set and you become Immortal literlly go go

Go get the crossbow for all you care and nothing will kill you simply because your disc is 100% infinite
    That would be cool, if we had hundreds of millions of gold for it.
    I'm in the situation where my DH just dinged 60 a couple days before the patch, so I'm just getting punished for everyone else blowing through the game. Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how do you avoid being hit by a mob who have a teleportationcharge ability that oneshot you. No matter how good you are, it is impossible to avoid. Corrupt angles are at least dodgeable with good reaction. But an ability that take no time to cast, can be cast from a distance and take no time to hit you. Can in no way be avoided.
    Please tell me how you avoided that before the patch and how the nerf has affected this ability? Try to stay on topic and decide if you want to complain about mobs that 1 shot you when you have 15k hp and no resists, or you want to complain about the overall DH nerf in the patch.

O HAI ALCATRAZ

is dualwielding onehand xbows finally viable? I'm breezing with a 670dps bow (with 250dex 237 vit)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Now now Alcatraz don't say that out loud, you know you will just be nerfed again, and I don't want another nerf to my Monk as collateral damage!
    Oh right

I'm screwed, My as well back to WoW <.<

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    O HAI ALCATRAZ

is dualwielding onehand xbows finally viable? I'm breezing with a 670dps bow (with 250dex 237 vit)
    Yeah It's viable, However I'm being a giant [Bad word] and using the Immortality spec + Natyala

Literally I am IMMORTAL like nothing can kill me AT ALL like

But I do like like a tanks damage w/e though It's working

Having to regear simply because of patch changes is rather annoying, and very costly. Its not just as simple as deciding to change your gear focus.

Going for max dps and being a oneshit.. eh -shot was not Diablo.

In D2 you always had to find a balance between survivability and dps. Every class had to, every class took a hit every now and again.

DH was fixed, not ruined.

But it is Blizzard's fault to release a game with a DH like that in the first place.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzzug View Post
    That would be cool, if we had hundreds of millions of gold for it.
    I'm in the situation where my DH just dinged 60 a couple days before the patch, so I'm just getting punished for everyone else blowing through the game. Feels good man.
    I spent 1.2m on it

That's not a lot

Literally, The ring is what's expensive. Everything else is garbage compared to it

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not official. So while the title "DH is ruined" could be correct, DH is officaily ruined is incorrect.

All I can say is BUHUHUHUUUUUUUUUUU...HUHUUUUUUUUUHUH

The above summarizes every possible thread about the DH in the forum. The skill was broken, it got fixed. It's obviously not intended to hit more than once or twice and you are now playing as designed. That said, the DH does get more damage across the entire game and not just in Inferno, probably due to the lack of passive damage reductions.

Well I'm certainly glad that it is official now. All those rumors were starting to worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Going for max dps and being a oneshit.. eh -shot was not Diablo.

In D2 you always had to find a balance between survivability and dps. Every class had to, every class took a hit every now and again.
    d2 glass cannon amazons would like a word with you.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    So 1.0.3 have ruined the Demonhunter class to oblivion.
    I'm at act4 Inferno. Pre patch you could not rely on survivvability but you could at least glass canon your way through content.
    But after all the nerfs:
    1) My damage is drastically deceased making it much longer to kill stuff which ultimately increase the risk of getting hit.
    AS nerf, NT nerf. damn thoose things ruined the dps.
    2) I'm still getting oneshotted by most mobs Oppessors, Corrupt Angles to name a few. Not to mention elites. And since Smoke screen is not long enough to kill mobs, due to point 1). I'm sure oneshotted.
    3) The repaircost have incresed to 4 or 5 times the original cost. In a combination with undodgable oneshotting REGULAR mobs, the repaircost for the most squishy class ingame makes it extremly undesireable to play.

I cant describe my frustration in words. Way to go Blizzard. Ruining a whole class is a little too much tbh. If they going to wreck glass cannon DH, the least thing they could do is to give us a viable survival setup.
    Your build is no longer viable and was never meant to be. Azmo kills in 12 secs etc with shit gear. No... Just no. Barbs cant get anywhere near close to this. BS your gear and sell the essences then let the door hit you on your way out.

Yeah It's viable, However I'm being a giant [Bad word] and using the Immortality spec + Natyala

Literally I am IMMORTAL like nothing can kill me AT ALL like

But I do like like a tanks damage w/e though It's working
    Me likes. Needs your DH armory so i can check a coouple of things (i'm in love with frost arrow and spike traps they do a crapload of damage).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

u guys are srsly fun that u even consider to regear for vitality and resist
    if i want to play a fckn melee that can tank hits i go play barb or monk i was already pissed about how sorc worked now dh too? rly?
    good that i already killed diablo in inferno with my dh so i dont care to much about the EAT nurf as its should still be good enough to farm pony lvl for other chars ...
    anf i f some 1 comes now arround the corner and tells me go kite diablo like forever hf do it u will need like 10m for p1 after those nurfs ;X as u cant just stand there take auto hits and if u could with resist gear your dmg woudl be arround 10k dps ? if its fun for u to be a tanky melee range ok but well not for me!

I spent 1.2m on it

That's not a lot

Literally, The ring is what's expensive. Everything else is garbage compared to it
    Still double of what I have.
    "Sandstone drake is only 38k, it's not much" For some people it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    u guys are srsly fun that u even consider to regear for vitality and resist
    if i want to play a fckn melee that can tank hits i go play barb or monk i was already pissed about how sorc worked now dh too? rly?
    good that i already killed diablo in inferno with my dh so i dont care to much about the EAT nurf as its should still be good enough to farm pony lvl for other chars ...
    anf i f some 1 comes now arround the corner and tells me go kite diablo like forever hf do it u will need like 10m for p1 after those nurfs ;X as u cant just stand there take auto hits and if u could with resist gear your dmg woudl be arround 10k dps ? if its fun for u to be a tanky melee range ok but well not for me!
    lol... i dont even know where to begin

Deleted
    The thing is, I would have been fine with the change if a survival setup for DH was viable. But it is not. I'm fine with them to remove glass cannons. But than give us something in return, survivalwise.
    It went from 1 viable strategy, Glass cannon to 0 viable strategies.
    If survival DH would be a viable prepatch, atleast someone would go for it. And since there were no survivability changes, surviavability DH is not a viable startegy postpatch. It's the best strategy now, it's still not viable.

*Yawn* Yeah, whatever... my friends with DH's were doing double my monk's damage for similar levels of gear. And since I had to actually stand in the melee shit to hit anything I still hit the ground before the DH glass cannons. I've lost DPS and life on hit (due to hitting less often) too, but went into act 2 today and could actually survive despite hitting for less.

Deleted
    Well needed imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Your build is no longer viable and was never meant to be. Azmo kills in 12 secs etc with shit gear. No... Just no. Barbs cant get anywhere near close to this. BS your gear and sell the essences then let the door hit you on your way out.
    Right after you I guess my humble replient.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Well needed imho.
    If there were any other viable options in return, yes.