Deleted

Still not safe to play public?

I heard that if you played a public game in D3 you could be hacked by some public game hack. Has it changed is it possible now to play public in D3 without getting hacked?

Not sure I ever saw any official confirmation of that so-called exploit/hack.
    Pretty sure it was simply malicious fearmongering, but due to being a rather non-social player I have yet to open any game up to the public.
    I am sure someone else can shed some light on that.

Nope, never happened and the "hack" never existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the early rumors that was spread around, basically by people refusing to hold themselves accountable for shoddy security is what this boils down to.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

It was always safe to play in public games. Those "hacked through public games" posts were lies. Also, no-one got hacked when they had an authenticator attached to the account. Those that said they got hacked with an authenticator attached were those that added and authenticator after they got hacked and got called out by the blue posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkm77 View Post
    I heard that if you played a public game in D3 you could be hacked by some public game hack. Has it changed is it possible now to play public in D3 without getting hacked?
    There has never been any public game hack. It's simply been rumors and false claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

I play on Public all the time with Chinese Farmers. No issues here.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

10+ Year Old Account
    That hack never existed, it's not true, no evidence, it's safe, not going to keep this going.