Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would rather not have the Sha be Old God related, but instead be something the Old Gods see as a weapon to utilize. N'Zoth can see something like the Sha of Fear and be like "Wow I want some of that! I wonder how I can make more..."

I have the feeling that old gods are related to every single bad thing that has ever happened to the universe. if one has a bad thought, it's because of the old gods. if sargeras started doubting himself and lost his mind, it's because there was an old god in the nathrezim world. IMHO they are the origin of all evil and darkness (and the ones we see in azeroth aren't the biggest ones). as such, it wouldn't be surprising to discover beings made of negative emotions are related to the old gods somehow lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

If you've done any of the questing 89+ you know that the queen of the Mantid has "gone crazy" recently. It just oozes Old God corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    I would rather not have the Sha be Old God related, but instead be something the Old Gods see as a weapon to utilize. N'Zoth can see something like the Sha of Fear and be like "Wow I want some of that! I wonder how I can make more..."
    Hmm, this is a good thought. Or maybe they'd just use them as a cover? Sort of like "hey it wasn't me, it was these guys! Totally!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    If you've done any of the questing 89+ you know that the queen of the Mantid has "gone crazy" recently. It just oozes Old God corruption.
    I haven't really played the Beta, but wasn't it said by Blizzard that she is possessed by the Sha of Fear? Woudl explain why she went crazy and also why we have to do this raid before we can enter Terrace of the Endless Spring, where the Sha of Fear is the endboss.

Maybe the Sha are driving the Old Gods crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are starting to pick up on the old gods every other expansion concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    I smell N'zoth & the Faceless, possibly Abysal Maw Raid with Queen Azshara could be in play here for a content patch.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Maybe the Sha are driving the Old Gods crazy.
    Maybe the Sha originated from the old gods and have been trapped on Pandaria ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/lA81v.jpg
    but you just said it was old gods!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    I smell N'zoth & the Faceless, possibly Abysal Maw Raid with Queen Azshara could be in play here for a content patch.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 01:22 PM ----------

Maybe the Sha originated from the old gods and have been trapped on Pandaria ever since.
    I dont think it will be Azshara related,I would prefer an Huge titan fortress underwater

Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    Looks EXACTLY like Ozumat in my eyes. Pretty sure Ozumat was a minion of N'zoth? Or maybe they had just seen supposed "leviathans" and though they were beings of great power and maybe worshipped them?
    No, it doesn't look like Ozumat at all. It looks like the giant faceless in Darkshore.

Though i have no idea what it's significance is. It might just be decoration with no deeper meaning.

I think it reminds me of this.

CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

Yeah it looks just like that thing in Darkshore.

She went crazy because she is possessed by the Sha of Fear, who is basically overwhelming her with an intense sense of dread, which has been expanding out to her people. This is the whole reason they are attacking the wall centuries before the normal cycle, because they are trying to escape their home out of fear.

Like I said before, it is hinted that the Mantid are PRE-TITAN, which means they existed in an age when the Old Gods ruled the planet. Considering all the insect races have shown ties to the Old Gods, it makes sense that the Mantid's palace/temple/fortress would have some Old God related artwork along the walls.

The Mantid Queen got corrupted by the Sha of Fear, the entire Mantid swarm is driven by fear.

If they are Old God corrupted then the Sha are allied with the Old Gods which is still unconfirmed.

This is pretty dang solid evidence that there'll be some faceless/old god activity later on. Very fascinating. Usually people are getting ahead of themselves with this stuff, but the "mural" is a spitting image.

My first thought was 'oh man, faceless ones'. Now they kinda look like the giant kraken form vash'jir or the thing from darkshore.

At the same time I want it to be an old god lore piece, I also DONT, we had to much this expansion, and the old gods have been butchered in terms of legitimacy as villains, they are to prominent, to open, they used to be mysterious and shady. Sadly they aren't anymore, and we know their next move etc etc.

My bet is it just being a sha depiction, or a mural of the mantid leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Let's put it this way... we've thus far seen Old God activity on every continent on Azeroth.
    Yogg-Saron in Northrend and C'thun in Kalimdor are the obvious examples, the high elves left Lordaeron because they heard the Old Whisperings beneath it, and of course N'zoth has been putting his tentacles pretty much everywhere in Cataclysm from inside the Rift of Aln.
    Pandaria is the 4th continent on Azeroth. Fifth if you include those rocks around the Maelstrom. There are 5 Old Gods. Math.

Besides, we've got three expansions to go before we hit Level 100 and only 3 Old Gods left.
    My assumption has always been that Pandaria would have an Old God behind the Sha (these "Sha Corruption" theories about Garrosh have already become synonymous with "Old God Corruption" in my mind), then we'd fight N'Zoth in an Emerald Dream/Azshara-based expansion, then we'd fight "The Old God Behind the Old Gods" in the level 100 expansion and blow Azeroth the heck up.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.