Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    You have the ability to do the same in TSW. The problem is, that the ability system is SO open that people have a hard time with it and they fall back into the trinity because it's easy for them. During my time in the Beta I leveled as a hybrid DPS/Healer. I easily switched back and forth in dungeons in TSW.
    Most mmo's have some type of hybrid, but the thing is, its still a tank healer system. An easy comparison would be a WoW blood dk, or a monk mistweaver, etc.

There will be some kind of tank or healer in dungeons. GW2 focuses on dps, control, support though.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-06-19 at 09:55 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Most mmo's have some type of hybrid, but the thing is, its still a tank healer system. An easy comparison would be a WoW blood dk, or a monk mistweaver, etc.

There will be some kind of tank or healer in dungeons.
    That's going to be standard with ANY MMO. One person at any given time will have "aggro/hate", will cast a heal or do damage. It's how it's done and executed that matters. I think having "trees" or in TSW "decks" designated specifically for the trinity is good for players who just want to do one job and not hassle with "what works?" But, still leaving the system open (as in TSW) is great for more advanced players.

That's going to be standard with ANY MMO. One person at any given time will have "aggro/hate", will cast a heal or do damage. It's how it's done and executed that matters. I think having "trees" or in TSW "decks" designated specifically for the trinity is good for players who just want to do one job and not hassle with "what works?" But, still leaving the system open (as in TSW) is great for more advanced players.
    When you don't have a "heal" move or a "tank" move, then there is no traditional trinity we know. There are a few games that do this. Diablo can be considered one. GW2 another, where you use an attack move or control move or a supporting move. Instead of a move that lets you tank and a move that heals (except monk diablo heals).

TSW, even though it supports hybrids like some kind of tank/ leech heal thing. Its still the trinity system because someone is tanking and then someone is healing , then you have 3 dps, even if they have supporting moves.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    When you don't have a "heal" move or a "tank" move, then there is no traditional trinity we know. There are a few games that do this. Diablo can be considered one. GW2 another, where you use an attack move or control move or a supporting move. Instead of a move that lets you tank and a move that heals (except monk diablo heals).

TSW, even though it supports hybrids like some kind of tank/ leech heal thing. Its still the trinity system because someone is tanking and then someone is healing , then you have 3 dps, even if they have supporting moves.
    If you want to call it a "control move" or "high threat move" you have one or more people containing the mob, in essence tanking. I'm not saying "ZOMG GW2 IS THE TRINITY" But, it's still an offshoot of it and it does not fully remove itself from it. And yes, in TSW it's much easier to get the trinity. Not denying that. But, I've ran in groups in The Darkness war and we had no tanks or heals. Just hybrid DPS. Worked just fine. So, GW2 and TSW have a similar approach to the system. TSW is just closer to the original of course.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...TSW seems like a game I could really get into (big fan of the genres they pull the story from) but I can't justify a purchase without playing it first. Missed this last weekend beta (sick kid and stuff). Oh well, hopefully there will be a trial or something after release.

What's preventing me from purchasing, for now:
    Videos of this game don't make it look very good. I know its hard to get a true feel for a game based on videos but combat looks really clunky and reminds me of the Die Hard video game with how stiff the player's character and mobs look.

Reminds me of TOR in respect to the fact that it looks like a single player game with the MMO-ness tacked on as an afterthought.

I want more than a month's worth of game play if they want a sub...I need to educate myself on what end game/level cap is like for this game.

I haven't been able to find anything on TSW's crafting system (I enjoy crafting in MMOs).

I'm probably way off with these assumptions...but hopefully I'll get to put such assumptions to bed once I get my hands on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Damn...TSW seems like a game I could really get into (big fan of the genres they pull the story from) but I can't justify a purchase without playing it first. Missed this last weekend beta (sick kid and stuff). Oh well, hopefully there will be a trial or something after release.

What's preventing me from purchasing, for now:
    Videos of this game don't make it look very good. I know its hard to get a true feel for a game based on videos but combat looks really clunky and reminds me of the Die Hard video game with how stiff the player's character and mobs look.

Reminds me of TOR in respect to the fact that it looks like a single player game with the MMO-ness tacked on as an afterthought.

I want more than a month's worth of game play if they want a sub...I need to educate myself on what end game/level cap is like for this game.

I haven't been able to find anything on TSW's crafting system (I enjoy crafting in MMOs).

I'm probably way off with these assumptions...but hopefully I'll get to put such assumptions to bed once I get my hands on the game.
    Everyone who signed up for the beta (whether you got in or not) will get an invite to the next beta weekend. Go sign up! I already gave my last beta key away, so I can't help

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/b..._battle_begins
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-06-19 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the first dungeon , couldnt finish the second because of time, si far you dont "need" the trinity.In the first dungeon, if you took aggro, you kited We had a dedicated tank on Cthulu but no dedicated healer. We had on hybrid and everyone else took one heal.. In the 2nd dungeon we had a full tank which was overkill. It was counter productive Maybe later content will require hardcore trinity play. It seems like who tried to stick to the trinity had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I did the first dungeon , couldnt finish the second because of time, si far you dont "need" the trinity.In the first dungeon, if you took aggro, you kited We had a dedicated tank on Cthulu but no dedicated healer. We had on hybrid and everyone else took one heal.. In the 2nd dungeon we had a full tank which was overkill. It was counter productive Maybe later content will require hardcore trinity play. It seems like who tried to stick to the trinity had issues.
    How far into the 2nd dungeon did you get?

I can see clearing Inferno easily with no tank or dedicated healer (some heals are still needed) if everyone outgears it massively, but at the QL it is meant to be done at (QL3-5), it would be extremely difficult to finish it with a 5x dps setup. I would say at that dungeon-appropriate level, you definitely need the trinity.

New NPC faces! They look great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    How far into the 2nd dungeon did you get?
    3 boss. Though I did hear that the others get a lot more difficult. Even then, the ones I saw will give your average player a run for their money. Some people thought that Polaris/Dead in the Water was unbeatable.

We did Inferno with 4DD 1 Heal/Tank (Mace Blood) but all in full QL5 the 3 Boss killed us 3 times cause we got really unlucky with the fire spawns but after this it become way more easy the 4 Boss was really easy since we outdpsed im very hard in contrast to a 3 dps Group.

But actually without any Heal or Shielding you would need way better gear than QL5 to clear Inferno at least i think.

Hey all, i have a beta key to give away for June 22nd for the beta weekend #4, first PM gets it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Going Dragon probably. Played Templar before in previous betas, and I think Illuminati is going to be completely overpopulated (The "America" faction, the cool/bad guys, etc). Want to be on the underdog side come Beta4 and pvp :P
    pretty much everyone is dragon on beta atleast

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    pretty much everyone is dragon on beta atleast
    Yeah contrary to my expectations, I saw almost no lumies.

If you want to call it a "control move" or "high threat move" you have one or more people containing the mob, in essence tanking. I'm not saying "ZOMG GW2 IS THE TRINITY" But, it's still an offshoot of it and it does not fully remove itself from it. And yes, in TSW it's much easier to get the trinity. Not denying that. But, I've ran in groups in The Darkness war and we had no tanks or heals. Just hybrid DPS. Worked just fine. So, GW2 and TSW have a similar approach to the system. TSW is just closer to the original of course.
    You can't really tank in GW2, not even "in essence".

Also, why did they send me an invite to their beta when I haven't preordered? And why can't I use the friend thing on myself if I haven't preordered?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You can't really tank in GW2, not even "in essence".

Also, why did they send me an invite to their beta when I haven't preordered? And why can't I use the friend thing on myself if I haven't preordered?

Beta invites aren't just sent to preorders. They are sent to anyone who applied for the beta. And since your account has already been tagged as a beta, so you can't use a friend invite on yourself. If you have two TSW accounts bound to the same login (like I do) it won't work. But, if you have two separate accounts (with different logins) then you can use it.

Beta invites aren't just sent to preorders. They are sent to anyone who applied for the beta. And since your account has already been tagged as a beta, so you can't use a friend invite on yourself. If you have two TSW accounts bound to the same login (like I do) it won't work. But, if you have two separate accounts (with different logins) then you can use it.
    Oh I see, it has first updated my status as invited NOW. Got confused when it gave the invite but said my status was uninvited.

Guess I will be able to check the game out without having to buy it first, that's a plus.

Anything specific about this last beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who hasn't gotten an invite still want to try it on the 22nd? I got an extra key apparently.

Just PM me. I'll be around for a couple hours so expect it to go soon.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Oh I see, it has first updated my status as invited NOW. Got confused when it gave the invite but said my status was uninvited.

Guess I will be able to check the game out without having to buy it first, that's a plus.

Anything specific about this last beta?

First rule of CBT YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT CBT! HA!

If your invite was for the next public weekend beta, the character creation got a good size buff. Still not the greatest. Can't make skinny or fat people yet. And the next weekend beta should be as open as the CBT. *gasp* I've said too much already!!!

First rule of CBT YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT CBT! HA!

If your invite was for the next public weekend beta, the character creation got a good size buff. Still not the greatest. Can't make skinny or fat people yet. And the next weekend beta should be as open as the CBT. *gasp* I've said too much already!!!
    The game is out in 13 days! D: