Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I would wager if you tried right now, Tenzin is taken.
    damn. Than I'll just have to settle for one of the obscurer monks like Pasang, Tashi, Lio, Malu or Afiko. Most of those are dicks, so unless Malu is available, I'll have to make a forsaken.
    Last edited by ijffdrie; 2012-06-20 at 11:36 PM.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gyatso was taken.... my life no longer has meaning. I did reserve Jinju (the pigpen monk kid).

10+ Year Old Account
    or make a shaman named aang or korra :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a dwarf ele shaman named Iroh. Thought it fit perfectly, fire and lightning spells, plus you can get close to Iroh's hair and beard style as a dwarf.

Outside world of warcraft, I actually used to have two goldfish named tui and la (the fishes at the north pole at the end of the first book).
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how she's sweating as if Tonraq is accusing her of secretly having sex with firebender and Korra is actually not his daughter.

Orrrrrr I think I might be reading too deep into that
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

This may have been mentioned before.. but did anyone notice how the facial expression on Amon's mask changed during the scene at the end of the last episode?

Smirkyface -> Frownieface -> Miserableface?

Deleted
    It IS a mask, and it's not flat. Perspective will change how things appear. Try it yourselves, and you'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching the first 10 episodes, all i can say is that Lin Beifong is a BAMF shame that Amon took her bending, and went down as Boromir, Ned Stark
    Ive always liked metal bending, and the way that they portrait her as solo warrior, its awesome.

I only want one more thing of the show, more flashbacks, ive like to see more of adult aang, katara, soka and toph. Maybe after The Legend of Korra is over, they will do some short stories of that? it would be cool.
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-06-21 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I would wager if you tried right now, Tenzin is taken.
    Thats why I love eu, I've created alts with names Iröh and Tènzin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    It IS a mask, and it's not flat. Perspective will change how things appear. Try it yourselves, and you'll see.
    Both the last and first images are face on. You can see the expression has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It just dawn on me... I know what I am going to name my monk in MoP! Gyatso!!!
    I've tried many but I claim Airnomad.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:25 AM ----------

Those Amon eyes, they are scary.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    This may have been mentioned before.. but did anyone notice how the facial expression on Amon's mask changed during the scene at the end of the last episode?

Smirkyface -> Frownieface -> Miserableface?
    Frownie face is because we are looking up at him. Its a perspective thing.
    Miserable face is an animation error? That scene is zoomed in.

So, I have a question.

Just finished watching the first Avatar series with the girlfriend and we loved it. Thinking about watching the new series but the question I have is if the new Avatar series dwarfs the character of the old series. Is the new Avatar so unbelievably strong that it makes Aang look like a chump? Do her companions out skill Aangs old companions by a very large amount?

I'd like to start watching this series but idk if I could enjoy it if it tries to one up the old character and make them irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupfriend View Post
    So, I have a question.

Just finished watching the first Avatar series with the girlfriend and we loved it. Thinking about watching the new series but the question I have is if the new Avatar series dwarfs the character of the old series. Is the new Avatar so unbelievably strong that it makes Aang look like a chump? Do her companions out skill Aangs old companions by a very large amount?

I'd like to start watching this series but idk if I could enjoy it if it tries to one up the old character and make them irrelevant.
    I suggest you watch it, definitely no "one upping" going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have a question.

Make Aang look like a chump? Ahahahaha not even close. But the situations for both Avatars have been very different, their lives and personalities in extreme contrast to each other so it would be unfair and difficult to compare. Lets just say the new characters are both stronger and weaker in their own ways and I'll leave it at that. Yes the new show is definitely worth keeping up with. The overall "feel" is definitely darker (as it was most likely intended) since we're dealing with an older main cast.

One of the reasons this thread is so active is because the new series will literally FLOOD your mind with hundreds of questions especially if you're a huge fan of the first series, due to skipping forward 70 years and introducing interesting/strange new characters - and as the show progresses we find more of our questions are answered about out what happened in the past and what is happening in the present.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-21 at 04:26 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

So, I have a question.

The new series is a great transition from the old one.

Also, offtopic, but I couldn't help but think of this picture when you said "with the girlfriend"

10+ Year Old Account
    This show makes us ask more questions than an actual mystery crime show does. It's really well done though a bit rushed, partly because I heard Nick didn't want filler (I view filler as important to character progression but hey), but I think that will branch out in the end and maybe see a bit more of the characters mature (not older but character wise) as a whole.

The creators are fantastic writers. The show kind of had 2 episodes that were just making us ask to many questions but it's done well as a whole... Very well.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    This show makes us ask more questions than an actual mystery crime show does. It's really well done though a bit rushed, partly because I heard Nick didn't want filler (I view filler as important to character progression but hey), but I think that will branch out in the end and maybe see a bit more of the characters mature (not older but character wise) as a whole.

The creators are fantastic writers. The show kind of had 2 episodes that were just making us ask to many questions but it's done well as a whole... Very well.
    Nick, didn't want less filler, the creators wanted less filler, so in their mini-series which is almost over, sadly, they wanted it to be super story driven.

Also I heard that Korra does not learn air this season and season 2 will be called "Air 2: Air Harder."
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.