Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of my friends are starting to get annoyed of the game =( was spamming act III Inferno for awhile then my ''group'' was like

No more

/cries

I haven't touched the game since after the first week. Think my gaming preferences have changed since I played Diablo 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see how they think ppl will play D3 for years if u can get "max" gear after 2-5 months
    Like in D2 u had ladder reset each 4-6 month to help inflation and keep it fun over many year, and i played it for like 5 years
    If Blizzard dont add a ladder system i dout ill play D3 for more than a few months, its quite sad
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It was ultimately the AH in conjunction with the extreme RNG stat allocation on items which led me to quit. I farmed the hell out of A3 inferno and I swear to god, the best ranged weapon I found had 750 dps. Now maybe I was just being unlucky but when you never come across a single freaking item for your character worth bearing, something is very wrong. Out of my entire set of equipment, everything but one item came from the AH and that was given to me by a friend.

I did however come across a lot of cool gear for other classes which I could have sold for millions of gold or even real money on the AH but what does that say about the game? Use the AH or you will not progress any further.

I might check out the expansion further down the road but I somehow feel that the game is already a lost cause. It would have to go through so radical changes it wouldn't suit an expansion but rather a whole new sequel.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

After killing Diablo on Inferno (major anti-climax lmfao, gradeschool-level storytelling and joke boss mechanics) the game would have a lot more lasting appeal if there was any reason at all for me to do something other than Act 1 speedclears over and over again for no reward...

Waiting to see if the future patches fix the sorry state of the game. For now, just waiting and being disappointed.
    Last edited by Ciah; 2012-06-24 at 08:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Mirishka
    Didn't play D1 or D2, but I can offer this: I solo'd my way to Inferno as a Barb, got to Act II and my interest in the game absolutely fell over and died. As soon as I realized that my ability to progress further rested in the hands of people selling gear on AH for millions of gold or hundreds of dollars, I decided I was done.[\QUOTE]

pretty much this is the main reason I don't play the game anymore and am so disappointed with it, the whole thing is designed with making blizzard as much money as possible. Also the chat interface that has the limitations I'd expect from a game released in 1995 pisses me off and spoils any chance of creating an Ingame community in the chat channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post

I did however come across a lot of cool gear for other classes which I could have sold for millions of gold or even real money on the AH but what does that say about the game? Use the AH or you will not progress any further.
    No, that tells you that you were in fact unlucky with the loot, and that you very well could've found something that you could have equipped yourself. The gear on the auction house doesn't magically appear from space, and Blizzard didn't make it so you'd only get gear for other classes. After more farming you'd probably find a few items worth using.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    After killing Diablo on Inferno (major anti-climax lmfao, gradeschool-level storytelling and joke boss mechanics) the game would have a lot more lasting appeal if there was any reason at all for me to do something other than Act 1 speedclears over and over again for no reward...

Waiting to see if the future patches fix the sorry state of the game. For now, just waiting and being disappointed.
    You could always try and get some achievements, there's a reward for you.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    diablo 2 started stale as well it took many patches and an expansion with many patches to get it to the point people are remembering with rose tinted glasses.
    I remember when it came out. I remember going to the store, picking it up off the shelf, and paying for it. I can still see the shelves even. I remember taking it home and unboxing. I remember the installation. I remember the initial playtime pretty well. It was my go-to offline game. I never got into battle.net. Patches weren't such a big thing for me.

It was a more enthralling game for me. The patches made it better, sure, and the expansion was fantastic. It was still a better game out of the box than D3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Played D2 for 10 years.

Played D3 for two weeks.

Yes, I'd say it did.
    Same here, tbh i think its because i was 12 i though this was awesome (and not bad gaphics for the day), nothing particularly strikes home with me to justify to play D3 even 25% of the time spent in D2.