10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Pro tip when explaining code

use [noparse][/noparse] to make it not become a thingey
    such as "[img]http://i.imgur.com/gtSAu.jpg[/img]"
    Okay, didn't know that ^_^ Thanks!
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Haha I hear ya. You think people really believe I'm almost 27? Of course not. It'll work in your favor eventually. I've been mistaken for all manner of teenager throughout my years even though I'm nearly 6'1. When you have the baby face, you have the baby face. Have you tried something in between? I think you could grow a rad gotee, or a flavor saver. You don't have to chop it all off. The only thing you really don't want is to look like "mountain man". Though, honestly, take advice from the women in the thread, not another dude. I just like to hear myself talk.
    Yeah, I'm gonna trim it short when I get a haircut tomorrow. I used to have a goatee but I tend to get lazy since I work nights and never really see people, and a goatee definitely requires more maintenance. That pic was pretty much as long as I let it get. It's funny 'cause in the two weeks or so after I shaved the beard off, I got carded for everything, and I'd never been carded before, freaked me out.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna trim it short when I get a haircut tomorrow. I used to have a goatee but I tend to get lazy since I work nights and never really see people, and a goatee definitely requires more maintenance. That pic was pretty much as long as I let it get. It's funny 'cause in the two weeks or so after I shaved the beard off, I got carded for everything, and I'd never been carded before, freaked me out.
    In all honesty though, if you like the full beard, wear it! Don't let a handful of MMO Champ posters tell you what to do if you don't agree. I was just trying to be helpful. I laughed when you said you got carded though. The great thing about facial hair is it always grows back. If you don't like how something turns out, you're not royally screwed. Hope you like the cut tomorrow

15+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty though, if you like the full beard, wear it! Don't let a handful of MMO Champ posters tell you what to do if you don't agree. I was just trying to be helpful. I laughed when you said you got carded though. The great thing about facial hair is it always grows back. If you don't like how something turns out, you're not royally screwed. Hope you like the cut tomorrow
    Oh, I didn't see it that way, don't worry I listen to opinions and go my own way. It's nice to hear what others think because it's hard for yourself to judge, I think, but in the end, I'll do what I like with it. Only problem is, I live in a place full of rich, preppy people so I stick out like a sore thumb and there doesn't seem to be many girls who are into the whole non-fake-tanned look around here :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I didn't see it that way, don't worry I listen to opinions and go my own way. It's nice to hear what others think because it's hard for yourself to judge, I think, but in the end, I'll do what I like with it.
    Good man. I agree, it's nice to get input from other people.

Only problem is, I live in a place full of rich, preppy people so I stick out like a sore thumb and there doesn't seem to be many girls who are into the whole non-fake-tanned look around here :P
    Meh, that's too bad. I can understand wanting to be fit, but the whole "I just spent my afternoon in the oven" look is gross to me too. I prefer the "girl next door" look anyways myself. Very simple, no fake boobs or orange skin. Everyone can use *a little* sun so that it looks like you actually step outside once in while, but intentionally tanning the hell out of yourself..I really don't get it. I'm hear ya man.

All tanning is gross, I love my wife's ghost white skin. Makes her look like an aristocrat. Whatever happened to the days where tan=POOR anyway.

As the online culture grows tanning is starting to phase out, thankfully. People like me who never step outside will be the new icon of beauty!

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I have to choose between ghostly pale or tomato red. Never been able to tan (unless I get a bad sunburn first, so I'd rather not)...

10+ Year Old Account
    All tanning is gross, I love my wife's ghost white skin. Makes her look like an aristocrat. Whatever happened to the days where tan=POOR anyway.
    It just looks fake to me. I'm not really sure why our culture is so obsessed with being something it's not, but that's probably more off topic for a pic thread.

As the online culture grows tanning is starting to phase out, thankfully. People like me who never step outside will be the new icon of beauty!
    Huzzah! I sure hope so.

@Enders, yup, my brother has to deal with the same thing. He has red hair too. It's funny, my sister is blonde, I've got brown, and he's got red. Somewhere along the line, there was a mailman.

Deleted
    It just looks fake to me. I'm not really sure why our culture is so obsessed with being something it's not, but that's probably more off topic for a pic thread.

Huzzah! I sure hope so.

@Enders, yup, my brother has to deal with the same thing. He has red hair too. It's funny, my sister is blonde, I've got brown, and he's got red. Somewhere along the line, there was a mailman.
    So is this the new chat thread or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    So is this the new chat thread or what?
    Haha I had no idea where to insert myself in the discussion going on last night about avatars touching themselves and all that stuff, so I hung out here xD But no, I don't think there was any intent on my part to turn it into that. I'd probably get infracted if that had been my goal. Who knows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Completely agree. Where are the pale chicks at?

People like me who never step outside will be the new icon of beauty!
    You were already my icon of beauty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me feel kinda jealous when I see pale people/hear about someone not going out much. I live in a big house with a big garden. So doesn't matter if I want to go outside or not, I have to, else my yard will look like a jungle. (hiring a gardener is something I do not approve of, having other people work in your own yard is creepy). So a few sunny days of fighting weeds and lawnmower and I'm already brownish :/

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You were already my icon of beauty?
    Awww, I forgive you for things now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Makes me feel kinda jealous when I see pale people/hear about someone not going out much. I live in a big house with a big garden. So doesn't matter if I want to go outside or not, I have to, else my yard will look like a jungle. (hiring a gardener is something I do not approve of, having other people work in your own yard is creepy). So a few sunny days of fighting weeds and lawnmower and I'm already brownish :/
    What tactic do you use to fight the weeds? I heard they know Kung Fu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What tactic do you use to fight the weeds? I heard they know Kung Fu.
    Stabbing them wildly with a trowel also does work quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.

I seem to manage to burn when it's cloudy, so I'm in agreement with you there. Pale skin looks good, imo.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of pale...Hark, visitors to Washington! A rare glimpse of blue skies and sun!
    Walking around near the Narrows Bridge(s) after June Faire in Port Gamble.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    I take that as a sign that it was the right decision.
    heck ya! Ever since i started i am at peace, truly happy, and finally able to express who i really am.

Me crossdressing for last Halloween
    AHH-YA-YA! AWOGAAAAAA!
    Fear the wrath of the furious cuddly sand gnomes!