... LastLast
    Deleted

Vampire vs Werewolf

Who Wins ?

The Vampire

or

The Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Vampires are strong, fast and smart. Werewolves are stronger, faster, and more feral. Honestly it's like humans vs. an animal. There is a reason we are at the top of the food chain and that's because of our intelligence. I am absolutely obsessed with wolves and werewolves, but vampires would win.

Deleted
    I'd prefer the vampires simply because werewolves don't have much control over their ferociousness during full moon, and as such they are raging beasts who may kill their friends. On the other hand, vampires could survive on animal blood.

In terms of weaknesses, the vampire ones are greater as it stands, sunlight, garlic, holy water, while werewolves only have the silver problem. So this is a major plus for werewolves, but not at the cost of potentially being able to kill loved ones without being able to control oneself.

However, werewolves can die of old age, while vampires can not. So if you turn all loved ones to vampires, you're all set.

It's kind of annoying not being able to see yourself in a mirror though. But not worse then smelling like wet dog all the time.

You should have made a poll.

Assuming we're talking MTG, since that's where those pictures are from, vampires since the double faced mechanic is really clunky and can be kind of difficult to get control of. Granted, there are many different ways to get a little more control but at the same time, vampires lack that mechanic(save for bloodline keeper who's transformation isn't based on cards played per turn anyway). Given the circumstances, vampires have a little more consistency and so are able to be run more effectively. I can easily shutdown a vampire deck just by having a bunch of 1 drops.

Now, if we're talking mythological vampires and werewolves, then werewolves. If you want to know what it'd be like then just watch The Avengers and see what the Hulk does to Loki.

The modern day Vampire no longer has as many weakness as older lore did i.e Sun,garlic,holy water etc so Imma go with Vamps plus they got Kate Beckinsale so yeah Vampires

Deleted
    Now, if we're talking mythological vampires and werewolves, then werewolves. If you want to know what it'd be like then just watch The Avengers and see what the Hulk does to Loki.
    Yes, this is about the mythological vampire and werewolf. Put those pics here, just because they are badass.

Deleted
    As I see it, werewolves are savage beings, and depending on what "universe" you're referring too they might not be able to change back to human form (See Underworld), I also see vampires as sophisticated beings, immortal and cunning. This leaves them with lots of time to develop all kinds of weapons and tech. In a one on one fight I guess a werewolf would be quite fierce, and might defeat a vampire, but on the other hand, I do believe vampires as a species would outlive the werewolves, because of the tech they can acquire.

Then again at the one v one fight. Depending on what universe you're looking at some vampires have incedible speed, strength and stamina, some might even be able to fly, as well as using mind-control. And most vampires can only be killed by either sunlight or a stake through the heart. I doubt your regular joe werewolf would "think" about getting a stake and drive it through the vampire's heart. This goes for most werewolves aswell, except they can only be killed by silver. A vampire, that's immortal, can probably get his hands on a silver dagger/stake/bullet/ or whatever if he knew he'd be facing a werewolf in a one on one combat.

tl:dr Depending if you mean survive as a species or just win a 1v1 fight the outcomes could be different. It's also very dependant on which universe you look at. My personal opinion would be that vampires have the upper hand as a species while a werewolf would have the upper hand in 1v1 combat.

Might I point out that in a lot of vampire and werewolf myths/series, vampires need guns with silver bullets, silver stakes, silver bombs, etc to beat them. They alone cannot face a werewolf one on one, they get their butts handed to them ( gift bow included).

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Yes, this is about the mythological vampire and werewolf. Put those pics here, just because they are badass.
    Fair enough.

Deleted
    vampires and werewolves don't exist lol

Completely dependent on the lore accompanying them.

Seriously, werewolves and vampires are some of the oldest mythological creatures in the world. They've been reinvented hundreds upon thousands of times, by just as many people.

Also, might I add that depending on what lore you base it off of, werewolves are also immortal (to an extent). They can live for thousands upon thousands of years.

Deleted
    No Underworld,Twilight or any movie logic. Just the myth itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    werewolves no argument needed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    No Underworld,Twilight or any movie logic. Just the myth itself.
    The myths have been redefined a couple of times

Werewolf. Sure the vampires intellect is a great advantage but once their on you theres absolutely no chance left.

Assuming its the stereotypical.

Vampires: Strength, Speed, Smart, Undead.
    Werewolf: Strength, Speed, Savage/Feral.

Im imagining the setting as Vampires not being evolved with the equipment to properly handle a Werewolf. No silver crap just armor/swords/shield. Pretty much Van Helsing.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-24 at 09:53 PM.

Well if you're referring to the world of darkness (and general mythology), young vampire is easily beaten by a werewolf, but an ancient vampire can easily beat a werewolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from the original myth the vampire wins easily. The wherewolf would have no control and yust be a wild beast not really smart enough to do annything but claw at bite which cant kill a vampire. Brains >> brawn

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Going from the original myth the vampire wins easily. The wherewolf would have no control and yust be a wild beast not really smart enough to do annything but claw at bite which cant kill a vampire. Brains >> brawn
    First off all, these myths are thousands of years old. Any 'original' you're thinking of is probably a reinvention.

Second off, feral cunning and strength can be pretty damn valuable assets.

Hmmmm. Wolves are pack animals while Vampires are decidedly solo types. I'm thinking the Vampire would have to take down the whole pack and that wouldn't happen.

Werewolves win.