View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Theories based on the anual pass are quite vague... this is the first time an annual pass actually came out so we do not know their intentions.

Also, launching with GW is not a problem I would say, WoW will keep its subscriber base because the endgame content of GW is quite lacking unless you like to PvP all day.
    If you like WoW you like endgame content most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    its sick how they gave an Annual pass, just to lock us into a year of Stale content.... poor show, i feel cheated and violated.
    like really, Over £100 with no new content.
    It gave you what was on the tin.

Mount, D3, and MoP beta access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yea, I'm going to have to agree with a mid-August release for MoP. If they delay it to mess with GW2 I fear that they'll fail. Not because "OMG GW2 WoW KILLER" but just cause DS for an entire year would probably bleed no less than another million subs.
    Everyone who is willing to wait 10 months for MoP will wait 11 months no problemo. 1 million? No freaking way rofl .

Quote Originally Posted by sonarc View Post
    Everyone who is willing to wait 10 months for MoP will wait 11 months no problemo. 1 million? No freaking way rofl .
    There's more than 1 month in between August and November.

Quote Originally Posted by sonarc View Post
    Hey man, we haven't seen third quarter's results yet. I'm expecting at LEAST 500k loss due to Diablo III, and that's my optimistic view! :P

Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    See you in Pandaria September/October!!!
    EDIT#2:
    The Book is NOT the ONLY reason that they would delay/wait for release. It's a series of things, book is an addition.
    The book has to be released first for the story to begin.

Like many stated- release dates are said at least 8 weeks prior. July is out.
    School starting on end of August- Do you really think parents will let their kids buy games instead of school supplies? get real. Most of WoW is made up of kids who play with their parents money.
    Mid September to late september carrying into early august are the best time frames they have unless they decide to wait for November for a good sale(last I heard Cata sold A LOT of more than any other expansion).
    they will always cater to the best time to sell.

EDIT#3:
    Is it just me or september date is each day more promising? The leaked box just recent. The raiding content to test mechanics has just started and honestly cannot see them wasting more than 1 month and a half to test it. The renewed quest flow for Jade area(first area you get in Pandaria). PTR updated to 5.0.1. Expect PTR to go up in the coming weeks(transitioning PTR's last about 1 month before being put into live servers) Also The transition period used to last 1 month in wow live before the new xpac, Blizzard has said that the transition period will be 2 weeks! Let's not forget that Beta can last up til the day before the release of MoP. The brewfest items updated for iLevel 470. Blizzard targets a month in which they'd like to release and I am 100% sure they were aiming for september.
    I left just the wrong parts of your post. You will see Pandaria in Sept/Oct. Most likely a lot earlier than that even. We are currently inside the Panda Launch Window. As you have seen, DVD Pressing has already begun (maybe already finished for all we know) Also, just as they did with Diablo 3, they will be selling "Digital Download" cards in stores along with the boxes. Raid Testing/PTR lasts 6 weeks, which just now started. 5.0 Live Launch will happen 1-2 Weeks before the street date of Panda. So we are looking at a solid August release here. Especially since not everything has to be done on Day One. As long as they have the leveling content done theres nothing else in the expansion that couldnt survive a 1-2 week wait after launch. No one will be raiding that first week (even if they reach 90, they wont be geared for normals, much less heroics) and I cant say there will be a significant number of players who would be upset if the pokemon and farmville arent on for day one.

Release Dates arent required to be announced any sooner than 2 weeks. Or they could just pull an Apple and say "And this is shipping.... Today". The book has absolutely nothing to do with the launch cycle and could come out anywhere from now to next june and not affect the game in any way. As far as the game being launched in November to match holiday times, you have to remember that nearly every other game is being released in November, Especially 4 big name shooters. Middle August, right during the Back to School rush is one of the best times to release games, because gaming sales are always slow during summer, and people DO use their back to school money on games (Years of owning a game store gives good experience in knowing when people buy things) Also think about this. If the game is released Aug 1 (for example) then it is available for purchase for every perk you list later in the year. I know MANY people who didnt buy Cata day 1 because it was too close to Christmas and they didnt want to shut off such an easy gift for someone else to buy.

And to be completely honest, they could do like they did with Diablo 3 and start selling it now. Its not like we're going to be able to play it until they turn it on anyways, which means again they could just give a week or 2 notice on release date. the Game Stores are already doing pre-orders, so 3-5 day shipping to get the product To the store is really all thats literally required.

One final point for why it would be earlier than September: they want to build back Good Will among their player base. They got such a bad rap over the D3 release (mainly from people who have never seen a day 1 blizzard release before) that getting it to the players sooner rather than later is always better. If they announce that its releasing in August or even July then the goodwill they get would crush any lingering d3 resentment.

BTW the phrase is A LOT, not ALOT
    Last edited by Squirreludecker; 2012-06-26 at 09:56 AM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Deleted
    I dont know how much a release of the book is involved in the release of the game, so I'm not sure about that late release.

The thing I know is that they have allready updated Brewfest-Loot to lvl 90. Brewfest will start on September 20. so we'll likely see an release atleast 1-2 weeks before.

But I guess Blizzard will do it their way " It's done, when it's done ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    I left just the wrong parts of your post. You will see Pandaria in Sept/Oct. Most likely a lot earlier than that even. We are currently inside the Panda Launch Window. As you have seen, DVD Pressing has already begun (maybe already finished for all we know) Also, just as they did with Diablo 3, they will be selling "Digital Download" cards in stores along with the boxes. Raid Testing/PTR lasts 6 weeks, which just now started. 5.0 Live Launch will happen 1-2 Weeks before the street date of Panda. So we are looking at a solid August release here. Especially since not everything has to be done on Day One. As long as they have the leveling content done theres nothing else in the expansion that couldnt survive a 1-2 week wait after launch. No one will be raiding that first week (even if they reach 90, they wont be geared for normals, much less heroics) and I cant say there will be a significant number of players who would be upset if the pokemon and farmville arent on for day one.

Release Dates arent required to be announced any sooner than 2 weeks. Or they could just pull an Apple and say "And this is shipping.... Today". The book has absolutely nothing to do with the launch cycle and could come out anywhere from now to next [/B]june[B] and not affect the game in any way. As far as the game being launched in November to match holiday times, you have to remember that nearly every other game is being released in November, Especially 4 big name shooters. Middle August, right during the Back to School rush is one of the best times to release games, because gaming sales are always slow during summer, and people DO use their back to school money on games (Years of owning a game store gives good experience in knowing when people buy things) Also think about this. If the game is released Aug 1 (for example) then it is available for purchase for every perk you list later in the year. I know MANY people who didnt buy Cata day 1 because it was too close to Christmas and they didnt want to shut off such an easy gift for someone else to buy.

And to be completely honest, they could do like they did with Diablo 3 and start selling it now. Its not like we're going to be able to play it until they turn it on anyways, which means again they could just give a week or 2 notice on release date. the Game Stores are already doing pre-orders, so 3-5 day shipping to get the product To the store is really all thats literally required.

One final point for why it would be earlier than September: they want to build back Good Will among their player base. They got such a bad rap over the D3 release (mainly from people who have never seen a day 1 blizzard release before) that getting it to the players sooner rather than later is always better. If they announce that its releasing in August or even July then the goodwill they get would crush any lingering d3 resentment.

BTW the phrase is A LOT, not A LOT
    Since you love grammar so much, I highlighted your own mistakes for you.

You should probably check your own post before starting to have a go at another guys spelling.

1-0 dude.

I call shenanigans

Deleted
    My source says they are still on track for a 4th week of august or 1st week of september launch. 28th of august is the main date they are working around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    My source says they are still on track for a 4th week of august or 1st week of september launch. 28th of august is the main date they are working around.
    My User wants me to go after the MCP too.... sorry... my morning meds haven't kicked in yet. Seriously I have reasons to believe you
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Out of curiousity how far are we in testing wise in the beta.

I predict november or december launch of MoP.

Would it really surprise anyone if Blizzard did this? A year of 4.3/drag soul? I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I predict november or december launch of MoP.

Would it really surprise anyone if Blizzard did this? A year of 4.3/drag soul? I wouldn't be surprised.
    I really cannot see blizzard doing that. Even in october it would be stretching it. I doubt they will make us wait past the 1 year commitment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Out of curiousity how far are we in testing wise in the beta.
    If it were a horse race... All the horses had just turned the final turn and are sprinting towards the ribbon at full speed and the jockeys are on their toes....
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling a Oct/Nov release. Remember blizzard does not care if they lose subscribers as of now or even if they make you wait an extra month or two because they will draw you right back in when MoP is released :P
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Guess or pure fact, isn't all previous betas lasted about 4-5 months? I remember playing vanilla beta 3 months before release, remember playing BC beta 5 months before, remember playing Wrath beta 4 months before, and finally playing Cata beta a good 4 months before. (note that I may not have played from the very start of the beta to the very end, on all of them)

If it was 4-5 months of beta, MoP beta was released in... march? End of july, middle of august would hit just about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savethetuna View Post
    I'm calling a Oct/Nov release. Remember blizzard does not care if they lose subscribers as of now or even if they make you wait an extra month or two because they will draw you right back in when MoP is released :P
    I think you need to actually look at the state of the clues and facts around... and re-evaluate. Also, Blizzard absolutely cares about losing subscribers. It is statistically harder to get a resub then a new subscriber. It's better to retain the subscription than to let it lapse. That is the purpose of the Annual Pass program. to retain as many subscribers as possible, by offering incentives to contract for a year. The incentives were fair as well. Not everyone took the deal, but enough did. Why do you do think when you have a magazine subscription they start hounding you like 4 months before your sub up to renew? because they know that statistically if you let it lapse chances are you won't renew. I know what you are thinking, but so what people WILL come back for MoP. you may be right. But if a sub leaves for 2 months, that's $30 lost per person. "But that's ONLY $30..." $30 is still $30 and it compounds fast. What if 10,000 subs unsub for that 2 months? that's not a lot right? but that's $300,000 in lost revenue! That could could be the pay for 50 Blizzard employees for those months! Big picture my friend... Big Picture.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Guess or pure fact, isn't all previous betas lasted about 4-5 months? I remember playing vanilla beta 3 months before release, remember playing BC beta 5 months before, remember playing Wrath beta 4 months before, and finally playing Cata beta a good 4 months before. (note that I may not have played from the very start of the beta to the very end, on all of them)

If it was 4-5 months of beta, MoP beta was released in... march? End of july, middle of august would hit just about that?
    Vanilla was I think very long (can't really remember) but BC was just 3 months, WotLK was about 4 months and cata was about 5 months. From what we know the amount of content is somewhere between WotLK and cata so people think that the beta lasts for 4-5 months which means that the release should be in August. From what we know from past betas everything is on schedule or even ahead of it except the release date announcement and the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    well they won't release before AP starts to run out so anyone who thinks it will be out before late Oct is foolish