flag return macro, is there such a thing?

I have been trying to work on the flag return achieves in WSG and TP on my Hunter, and notice the same people beating me to flags dropped flags over and over.

They do it so fast, even from a distance it has me thinking maybe there is a target flag and and right click macro I don't know about.

Is there?

Modern gaming mice have the ability to bind mouse buttons to macros that spam click a button while you hold it down.
    It could be that people have a button on their mouse bound to "interact with mouse-over" so they can just hold a button with their cursor in the general area and it'll spam click it. This breaks the rules of the TOS which are "one click = one action". You have no real in-game options available to you.

That said, it seems more likely that they just have better latency than you do, or they're better at targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I have been trying to work on the flag return achieves in WSG and TP on my Hunter, and notice the same people beating me to flags dropped flags over and over.

They do it so fast, even from a distance it has me thinking maybe there is a target flag and and right click macro I don't know about.

Is there?
    If you bind the interact with target keybind to a mouse button you just need to mouse over the flag to return it while spamming it.
    Not against ToS, in fact there were blue posts suggesting to use the interact with target in their Keybinds section at the start of Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just predict where it's going to drop and go korean with the mouse clicking

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    If you bind the interact with target keybind to a mouse button you just need to mouse over the flag to return it while spamming it.
    Not against ToS, in fact there were blue posts suggesting to use the interact with target in their Keybinds section at the start of Cata.
    Yep. Blues had posted about this to circumvent the fact that people on their mounts were camping quest NPCs on the launch day.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Yep. Blues had posted about this to circumvent the fact that people on their mounts were camping quest NPCs on the launch day.
    Exactly. Although I do not see the point as it achvs the same thing as just spam right clicking.
    In regards to the flag capping that is.

When I'm going for a flag cap I just zoom in a little bit, to almost first person and start spamming right click lol.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2012-06-23 at 05:22 AM.

You missed the meaning of my post. It wasn't that they put "intereact with mouse over on the target" but that they used mouse driver software (or keyboard software) like Razer's Synapse or Logitech's SetPoint to have that button "click" their interact with mouse bind 100 times per second.

At best you're going to be able to click a mouse button 3 or 4 times a second. Fewer if it's an awkward button, which you'd probably want because "easy to press" buttons are better used for more important abilities. Using software to convert one physical button press into several hundred in-game button presses is what's against the rules.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-06-23 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    You missed the meaning of my post. It wasn't that they put "intereact with mouse over on the target" but that they used mouse driver software (or keyboard software) like Razer's Synapse or Logitech's SetPoint to have that button "click" their interact with mouse bind 100 times per second.

At best you're going to be able to click a mouse button 3 or 4 times a second. Fewer if it's an awkward button, which you'd probably want because "easy to press" buttons are better used for more important abilities. Using software to convert one physical button press into several hundred in-game button presses is what's against the rules.
    No, no it isn't.

Are you insane? Should we require WoW players to play only with trackballs from 1995 because someone's getting sand in their knickers over a flag return achievement now?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

No, no it isn't.

Are you insane? Should we require WoW players to play only with trackballs from 1995 because someone's getting sand in their knickers over a flag return achievement now?
    There's no need to be abrasive just because you're probably wrong about something or you don't like the way reality has turned out.

First there's this post responding to a question about "legitimate" use of macro keys (binding G1 to CTRL+ALT+3 which is then bound in-game to an action bar button).
    Just remember;

Anything you can accomplish with the in-game macro system is fine.
    One key-press = one action.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...15049?page=1#6
    So hardware with these features aren't prohibited but there does seem to be some restrictions on what you can do without running on the wrong side of the ToS. Maybe we can get more clarity?

The second google result brings up this post which links to a document which no longer exists:
    The use of a macro is fine so long as it only accomplishes a single action. The use of automation, where a single keystroke will accomplish multiple actions, may be considered a form of botting and could result in account action.

The use of a keyboard with this functionality is fine - so long as it does not get used to accomplish the latter.

The support article we have on how to stay in the game covers this in a much more verbose manner than I might be able to (without quoting it word for word). You may want to give that a look first. >^.^<

How to Stay in the Game (Part 2 of 2)

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21507

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1772567980#10
    So closer, but maybe there's a grey area for "hold down keys" right? I mean I haven't demonstrated conclusively that binding "hold down button X to spam press button Y" is a breach of policy. Maybe we can dig back into the archives from when this stuff was all new hotness and people were asking questions. Sadly the official forums are long gone, but MMO-champ has archives of blue posts from back then. A quick trip to the search box brings us to a goldmine.

Well, we've got this which is pretty damn explicit (snipped heavily for brevity, bold text is me noting what was snipped out):
    The original poster was asking about making a button that can be held down to repeatedly click a single ability so long as it's held down. A blue quoted them and responded by quoting another and then adding some commentary.
    Would that be considered automation? Nothing really addresses that particular function because while it does repeat, it requires the player to be actively holding the key down.
    Taken from reply 8 by Malkorix.
    This is not okay. One hardware function = one action, according to standard macro rules. A hardware function is a keypress (including press/release) associated with movement and an ability/item. Obviously, our default macro rules enable you to use 'modifying' trinkets or abilities, such as nature's swiftness, plus a single spell all in a single press.
    The G15 may have the ability to continually activate an ability as long as you keep the key pressed but that is not a function that is permitted by our policies.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...key-repeating/
    So that's why I made my claim that "it breaks the rules": a handful of blizzard posters said it did. It's not even a new policy: they've been consistent on this one for half a decade which is unusual for anything they say. Given there's no functional difference between Logitech's driver software (setpoint / gaming software) and Razer's (Synapse/Nostromo Configurator/Black Widow Configurator) I think it's fair to say we've got a pretty good answer.

So, that's the basis of my position. What did you read that made you so cocksure in your disagreement?
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-06-26 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    So, that's the basis of my position. What did you read that made you so cocksure in your disagreement?
    Because the idea of outlawing specialized mice and keyboards is ludicrous. Who the fuck cares? It's not like you're getting some kind of unfair advantage, so why even care?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because the idea of outlawing specialized mice and keyboards is ludicrous. Who the fuck cares? It's not like you're getting some kind of unfair advantage, so why even care?
    Specialized mice and keyboards are not 'outlawed' themselves. Specific functions, that do grant an unfair advantage, are.

A mouse having multiple buttons is not the issue. A mouse that clicks for you, is. ("One key-press = one action.")

Deleted
    If you can repeatedly spam a button faster than is humanly possible by holding it down, you are getting an advantage over others who do not have access to this sort of equipment.

Blizzard considers this advantage to be unfair, as they do not want to give advantages to people based on their equipment or third-party tools they run. Blizzard makes the rules. Whether you consider it "ludicrous" is of no matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    If you can repeatedly spam a button faster than is humanly possible by holding it down, you are getting an advantage over others who do not have access to this sort of equipment.
    Everyone has access to it. G15's and similar equipment are still available pretty much everywhere, last time I checked.

Everyone has access to it. G15's and similar equipment are still available pretty much everywhere, last time I checked.
    is not legal

get it.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    I see you have chosen to only quote part of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Blizzard considers this advantage to be unfair, as they do not want to give advantages to people based on their equipment or third-party tools they run. Blizzard makes the rules. Whether you consider it "ludicrous" is of no matter.