Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    too bad the rest of the hero sucks.
    nope, he just doesn't fit into currente "meta" very well

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    nope, he just doesn't fit into currente "meta" very well
    Eh, I've never liked him. Sadist isn't a good skill, because he isn't supposed to get farm in the early lane, so it's nigh useless, and Heartstopper really just slows down passive regen, if a hero fight lasts ~10 seconds, which is pretty freakin long, it does ALRIGHT damage. Other than that, his aoe heal is nice, but he's too much of a one trick pony for my liking, ever since playing DotA 1. If i was gonna play support, I play Dazzle, Rhasta, or Bane, who all make SIGNIFICANT changes to how fights go, while necrolyte really can only kill a target that was probably going to die anyway or was just super tanky and not the focus target.

Pretty much, I'd rather have 2-3 CC's on one hero than be able to half-kill a target one time. Maybe that's just me, though. I feel like Necro just ends up taking farm from carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    @pizza
    Omni has about the same spell range as any other support, he can sit back the same distance as Dazzle and use all his spells on someone else.

Clock is such a hit and miss hero, in my opinion. I still go soul ring every game on him, and I usually end up getting pipe because there's not a whole lot he can do other than ult>cogs and hope his team wins the fight.
    The problem is points in Degen Aura are utterly wasted if you aren't in the thick of things, and if you aren't going to make use of Degen Aura, why did you pick Omni instead of Dazzle or WD or practically anyone else?

Here thread, have another funny:

Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-06-26 at 04:17 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

- fix the matching making. Its so totally screwed at the moment. First time players matched up with veterans
    - make the IU customisable, its way too big and clunky making the vertical viewing area very small.
    - somehow deal with all these people leaving the game (haven't played a 5v5 yet) everyone rage quits or perhaps have legitimate internet issues.
    - some fo these silences and stuns that are 5+ seconds are stupid. some channel spells are 80secs!!! that's just silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    mid

or

FEED

Pudge I can understand, a good pudge wins games.
    But when they are like Bane, NP, or Lone druid, I just want to facepalm and alt+f4.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    - fix the matching making. Its so totally screwed at the moment. First time players matched up with veterans
    - make the IU customisable, its way too big and clunky making the vertical viewing area very small.
    - somehow deal with all these people leaving the game (haven't played a 5v5 yet) everyone rage quits or perhaps have legitimate internet issues.
    - some fo these silences and stuns that are 5+ seconds are stupid. some channel spells are 80secs!!! that's just silly
    - It's a beta.

- It's a beta.

- People are dumb.

- Stop running off alone.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with your first 3 points.
    4th point: GTFO. This is how they have always been, this game isn't trashy and you just stack up 'AP/AD weapons' and 1 shot your enemies while play BS champions. In this game you have to Autoattack, so it actually makes the teamfights good.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The reason new ppl get matched with skilled vets is because of lying on the survey. If you answer that your the god of Dota and know everything like the back of your hand they place you into high skill bracket at the start, and as you start losing (which typically happens) you get bumped back down. There was also a huge wave of new invites last two weeks which is why the amount of leavers/newbs has increased so much. Overall other then the weeks where a lot of invites go out 95% of my games don't have leavers, bad players on the other hand you can't really get rid of, and everyone has bad games once in a while.

Hey Dota thread I have a quick few questions, sorry if they are related to LoL but...

1) Is there a Player Level system of progression outside of heroes in the game, like an account level?
    2) Does one buy the ability to empower the stats on their hero outside of the game, like runes that would empower the hero?
    3) Are the things similar to masteries like talent trees that you spec into outside of matches?
    4) Will they ever add new champions or mainly focus on cosmetic additions?
    5) How does the AFK system work in terms of punishment for leaving a game or AFKing?
    6) Is there a limit to when you can surrender?
    7)How will the servers work? Will it be like TF2 were outside parties can host servers or will it be all by Valve?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    80 seconds? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    Hey Dota thread I have a quick few questions, sorry if they are related to LoL but...

1) Is there a Player Level system of progression outside of heroes in the game, like an account level?
    2) Does one buy the ability to empower the stats on their hero outside of the game, like runes that would empower the hero?
    3) Are the things similar to masteries like talent trees that you spec into outside of matches?
    5) How does the AFK system work in terms of punishment for leaving a game or AFKing?
    7)How will the servers work? Will it be like TF2 were outside parties can host servers or will it be all by Valve?
    Not sure if trolling...

1 - No, god no. You earn Battle Points, and every so often you'll earn enough to level up, which just guarantees you a free, cosmetic item. Level is irrelevant.

2 - No, god no.

3 - No, god no.

4 - DOTA doesn't really need new heroes. There are still a lot of heroes who play very similarly to others (see: Skeleton King vs Rogue Knight, Earthshaker vs Magnataur, etc), a hold over from back when hero selection was dictated by which team you were on. We'll probably see those heroes and some others get rebooted, but I don't see the game as needing new heroes. It's a Valve game so there will always be new items being added constantly.

5 - Dunno. Heard it's little more than a slap on the wrist.

6 - There's no surrender option.

7 - All servers are hosted by Valve. I haven't heard any plans for them to allow players to host their own servers.

Anyone know a forum/whatever to see what heroes are coming down the pipes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Anyone know a forum/whatever to see what heroes are coming down the pipes?
    http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unreleased_Content

And pretty much anything that isn't in DotA 2 but in DotA 1, I'd imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylen View Post

1-3: NO.
    4: Yes, but they are working on adding the existing heroes first, have like 26 to go.
    5: Pretty lacking at the moment, you get stuck with other leavers for 12ish hours.
    6: No, surrender is for the weak!
    7: All be done by Valve, that way we don't have cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    he isn't supposed to get farm in the early lane, Maybe that's just me, though. I feel like Necro just ends up taking farm from carries.
    he IS carry
    if you play him as support sure necro is useless

he IS carry
    if you play him as support sure necro is useless

wait what? Necro is carry?

uhm...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    uhm...no.
    yes, hes similar to krob, tanky carry spellcaster
    the longer teamfight last the more dmg and HEALING necro deals
    im not saying that hes best hero ever but he definitely have a place as carry

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Magnataur classified as a support? Seems like he could be an alternative to support-Tidehunter or support-Sand King; he's got a cheap, spammable linear AOE, his ult is like Ravage on crack (would probably combo well with DS wall, WR shackle, Enigma black hole, SK epicenter, etc), and he provides a ridiculously strong steroid for carries, especially melee carries (skip the battlefury, you got a magnataur.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post

uhm...no.
    Yeah Necro is a carry.

yes, hes similar to krob, tanky carry spellcaster
    the longer teamfight last the more dmg and HEALING necro deals
    im not saying that hes best hero ever but he definitely have a place as carry
    Unfortunately, no one is going to let you play him this way. A fed necro can be undoubtedly pretty stupid, but where is all that farm going to come from. And you know the second you get necro your team is thinking "SUPPORT COVERED TIME TO PICK AM."

And I would think he would do even worse in a 5 man, then you'd be playing non-pubs.

@Pizza
    -Omni
    Degen doesn't really change team fights, the skill points are for chases and cleanup more than anything.

Also, the matchmaking system leaves a lot to complain about. Just went on 6 win streak today, feeling good? Don't worry, you'll lose 8 in a row tomorrow, regardless of how well you play.