Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Solo Healing Ultra 10HC.

So, Ive been testing myself with all 3 buffs in LFR, just for shits n giggles tbh..... hitting 55 - 60k HPS. I want to give solo healing Ultra 10 heroic a go..... but I am uncertain of which spec to use..... Disc or Holy. And as solo healing goes, is there anything out of the ordinary I might need a heads up on?

Thanks.

Halatosis

Our disc priest tried it and noone died, so I mean I know its doable. Things got dire and we had our 2 shamans drop their rains just to help out a little. Beyond this, not sure what spec would be better, always ran with a disc priest.

Deleted
    with a priest, its soloable and in fact, with good gear and with good dpsers its doable in both specs however ...
    in disco its easier ... take red buff and your PoH will heal fair well and the shield (30%) will also be double than usually ...
    and the healing from the glyph will also be double so disc is the easier way to go ...

I think with the 25% nerfs these days it would be very easy to solo heal in either spec, I would be inclined to think it is slightly easier as holy. Just standard PoH, CoH, PoM + Sanc with red buff and grab blue if you are low on mana. Also reduced CD on Hymn would allow for two of them to be cast.

Not quite sure how but the top holy priest for ultra 10m HM was 130K HPS with other landing between 60-70K HPS
    Disc is along the same lines of 60-70K HPS for rankings

I have solo'd as holy at 20% and it was quite easy another 5% can't hurt either, I am sure healing it as disc is comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    I think with the 25% nerfs these days it would be very easy to solo heal in either spec, I would be inclined to think it is slightly easier as holy. Just standard PoH, CoH, PoM + Sanc with red buff and grab blue if you are low on mana. Also reduced CD on Hymn would allow for two of them to be cast.

Not quite sure how but the top holy priest for ultra 10m HM was 130K HPS with other landing between 60-70K HPS
    Disc is along the same lines of 60-70K HPS for rankings

I have solo'd as holy at 20% and it was quite easy another 5% can't hurt either, I am sure healing it as disc is comparable.
    130k 1st rank is clearly a bug. Nick of time being top heal with bugged out heal amount. Each individual proc healed for 4188310 and 0% overheal. Lol yeah right. Generally speaking, the longer a fight drags out, the higher HPS will be needed (thus, higher ranking).

Anyway, at 25% nerf - you can do as either. Go with whichever you're comfortable with.
    Though I'd recommend disc for PW:S if you have weak soakers.
    Theoretically, holy should have an easier time healing through the last 2 twilight phases if your raid dps is sub-par. Something to think about if you find yourself struggling to keep people up if your raid does go to the timeloop section of the fight.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy can solo heal this better because this is a fight that strains your peak healing and not really your sustained, especially since if you are the only healer you can always grab blue if you might run out of mana. Also you cannot really do any significant precasting because the damage is rather constant. DA looks great until you realize the raid would be equally topped with the extra healing each holy poh does and the DA is constantly getting wiped with each damage pulse.

At the end of the day solo healing this is more a matter of how fast your dps can kill him than how well you can heal unless you are just really under performing where your hps spike should be late in the fight.

The thing most notable about solo healing it as opposed to having another healer is watching the tanks health.

Not sure about priest, but holy Pally did it a few months ago in sub 390 ilvl.

He let 2 people die which we still give him shit about, but he did it nonetheless.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Not sure about priest, but holy Pally did it a few months ago in sub 390 ilvl.

He let 2 people die which we still give him shit about, but he did it nonetheless.
    Holy Paladin is stupidly strong on this fight. They can push 200k hps spikes.

I solo healed this last night as disc. It seems very simple so long as dps is high enough.

Deleted
    People do it for months now. It's easy with both specs.

Deleted
    Ultraxion very hard, 10man very hard

Deleted
    Holy is very a strong with HW:Sanc + red buff, could happily solo heal 25hc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krato View Post
    Ultraxion very hard, 10man very hard
    Ye, its not the fact that people are outgearing it and its a 25% nerf, can't be that can it?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prayerforyou View Post
    I solo healed this last night as disc. It seems very simple so long as dps is high enough.
    Yeah you did :P
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Totally easily doable if your gear is actually fit for purpose. As for which spec, whatever spec you're better at. They're both good.

The only real strategy involved would be to sit on your mana pool for as long as at all possible, because you'll need to pump out a lot the last minute or so. Personally I stick to Red buff all fight, but that's just preference/habit, Going Red -> Blue should work just fine.

At the end of the day, you'll know once you try!
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Holy is very a strong with HW:Sanc + red buff, could happily solo heal 25hc.
    I lolled, reasonably hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Ye, its not the fact that people are outgearing it and its a 25% nerf, can't be that can it?
    Implying it was difficult pre nerfs without overgearing it on 10 man.

Either spec should be fine, go with what you're more comfortable as. Faster dps will make it easier.

Solo healed it prenerf myself and many others as pala with lesser gear, and counting with 25% nerf priest should do it easy also now and boss dies faster also. No matter what spec, but I would prefer holy for this!

In the next week or two we are going to work on zero healing it 10HC. With two shaman rains, great dps, and DK tanks we are feeling its quite doable at 25% nerf. This week our shaman took no buffs and just kept people alive only when needed, which was not too much. With everyone in survival heavy specs were going to give it a bunch of goes. I'll post some logs for lol's if we manage to get it done.

15+ Year Old Account
    our disc priest has been doing it for along time now, gets red and does whatever.