Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    So, all the height-problems have been dealt with?
    Or do you still need addons for that?
    We have a server mod that deals with it.

Have you come up with a release date of the server yet? I've been following this thread for 6 Months now, and can't wait to see it finished!

If there is a target date, or estimated date on completion, it would be really nice to know!

Love your work!

~MrD4nny (Minecraft Mithrintia Member)

Last edited by rkma; 2012-06-27 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool.

Just thought I'd throw in my two bits. I do map repair work (mcsaver.net). I hope you have a billion backups of all this stuff. Are you still using mods to deal with 128+ height, or have you switched to the 256 standard (Anvil)?

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Very cool.

Just thought I'd throw in my two bits. I do map repair work (mcsaver.net). I hope you have a billion backups of all this stuff. Are you still using mods to deal with 128+ height, or have you switched to the 256 standard (Anvil)?
    I switched to Anvil as soon as the spec was published. Initially I just wrote a converter, then I rewrote the code itself to output directly to anvil along with a bunch of other changes.

256 blocks still isn't enough, so I've divided the world into altitude layers. I wrote a bukkit plugin that teleports players between layers as they near the boundary. So, if someone wanted to scale mount hyjal from base to summit, they can do that just fine, even though it's over 1000 blocks tall.

Looks really damn awesome. Hope you add in the entirety of Azeroth and Outland to make a full World of Warcraft in Minecraft. Good luck further on! =D

must...have..download link...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    must...have..download link...
    i...must...i....NEED....
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been following this for a while, keen to see when you finish.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

10+ Year Old Account
    I am absolutely, utterly, entirely astounded. Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Sadly the height limit is a really big issue, pretty much limiting the awesomeness.
    Just use a multiplayer map & set the height to much higher, I currently have a multiplayer map with a height of 900

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    Just use a multiplayer map & set the height to much higher, I currently have a multiplayer map with a height of 900
    That seems doubtful.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 04:20 AM ----------

Last edited by rkma; 2012-07-13 at 03:08 PM.

That is so incredibly sexy.

Last edited by rkma; 2012-07-13 at 04:24 PM.

Looking more and more amazing every shot!

Out of interest I just checked the max hight default/bukkit allows and indeed it is still 256 (although it does not seem to reset the value in the config file if you set it higher, perhaps this is why Cathias thinks he has a 900 height server) Shame really, in most aspects of IT/games, I really wish the user had more control.