10+ Year Old Account

DC Universe Online

The game servers are down for a 4h update and I thought to come here and just state how much Im enjoying myself!
    I am only playing F2P version so far, and I have to say I am impressed with the character creation and how much fun Im having with Mental Powers(Tele.)
    Flying over Metropolis in the bright sunshine or over Gothams doom and gloom - its pure joy! I dont even care about the endame content of the game yet!

Any people playing? what are your experiences and thoughts on how this MMO is developing?
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

10+ Year Old Account
    I have enjoyed exploring the cities. I haven't logged on in awhile, but I played it a bunch for several weeks and would just get lost exploring the cities and looking for collectables. One of my favorite parts was the little cut scenes after fighting a Superhero/Villain.

Its a fun game though, and F2P means I can hop on when/if I feel like and don't feel the pressure of a subscription.

Deleted
    How can you even call it a MMO,looks bad

I bought the game when it came out, and I loved it but not enough of my friends were playing. But it being F2P is great. I picked up the "fight for the light" DLC pack because I'm a gigantic GL fan, and the things you can do with that power is amazing. Love the game and would play it if I had friends playing it

I had a lot of fun while levelling up in the game. But as soon as you reach end game, the grind fest for gear starts to get tedious and got bored at some point, as there's not much else to do. PvP was a bit interesting, but I can't say I liked it too much with the paper/scissor/rock thingie they have setup. Nevertheless, flying over metropolis and gotham was indeed marvelous!! I definitely enjoyed that. Plus being a baddie and throwing people off scyscrapers

Quote Originally Posted by Encountered View Post
    How can you even call it a MMO,looks bad
    How does it not look like a MMO? It's a persistent world filled with tons of people, has more or less traditional questing (actually the most enjoyable questing I've experienced in a MMO in the past 5+ years), instanced group dungeons and PvP, world PvP, crafting ect.

I've recently got back into Dc universe online and I proper love it at the moment I purchased the Light expansion and loved making my green lantern type character plus I've been watching and reading the justice league comics and tv show again so it's been great to go into an MMO world and fight alongside the JL also I love the character customization in this game just wish there was more choice of facial features

I just reached 30 on one of my characters earning that gear, but Leveling is really fun too

Deleted
    Hmm sins the game is F2P now i need to give it a shot some day
    o what the heck installing it as we speak

Hmmm, this sounds interesting.
    Am I right to assume we can play superhero's in this game?
    Which are available?

[Sry to ask dumb questions, but i didn't hear about it before and I really love superheroes]

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Hmmm, this sounds interesting.
    Am I right to assume we can play superhero's in this game?
    Which are available?

[Sry to ask dumb questions, but i didn't hear about it before and I really love superheroes]
    You create your own hero or villain and you get a mentor (Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Joker, Lex Luthor, Circe) who directs you to quests.

What I liked about the game, Action combat system, Tera pulled this system but did it better. I also liked how achievements (like blowing up 100 explosive barrels) can be collected and used to increase your own stats, which gives people who don't like achievements but do like maximising their character strength a reason to pursue achievements.

What I did not like, Costume character generator. I only had one character that I can honestly say I thought looked cool. Most superhero costume generators allow you to change the skins of individual body parts and DCUO only allows you one skin with clothes over it so you can't be a robot body with a monkey head or a lizard head with metalllic arms and lizard legs. If I dont think my character looks cool then I loose interest in the game.

Max level came too quick and Wonderwoman should of had her own zone in Washington.

Thnx for your reply.
    Sounds good. I assume there will be expansions, since it is an MMO.
    I think I will try this.... let me get more info first :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it not long after launch I found it sucked me in for a while then rapidly lost its appeal combat just feels so akward at times
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is a very fun game. It takes some time to figure out which weapon/power combination suits your play style, but once you do it is awesome fun. I am Lightning+Fist Weapon, or Nature+Bow. You should get the Lightning Strikes DLC, the lightning power is awesome fun. Being able to heal people with waves of electricity, or throwing out static electric lightning grenades+Storm clouds is pretty badass.

Like DeadmanWalking said, the only downside to me (after having played Champions Online) is that the character creation could be WAY more in-depth. It isn't really that there aren't a lot of options, it is just that within those options there isn't as much customization as there could be. Champions Online did character creation so damn well that everything else just seems like a watered down creation system. DCUO Gameplay+Champions Online character creation would be AMAZING.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing for a few days now, I must say Ive seen some extremely creative Heroes/Villains, I assume they have most of the DLC packs since some of the skins are facinating!!
    There are 'Algalon'-like skins, which you can tune the intencity and color of. First time I saw it I was just stadin there staring at the stars moving accross the guys skin, again I assume this is from bought DLC packs - plus tonnes more insane and whacky skins.
    This is a young MMO, I forsee greatness for the future.

I LOVE the solo instances and fighting or arresting famous villains like Bane or running around 'ill at ease' exploring Jokers 'fun house' hunting down Harley Quinn.
    The questing can actually hurt your butt, if you equip an item that 'skin' is saved in your 'gear customization tab' to use whenever you like - even after youve vendored the items! You can change the appearance of all your gear this way whenever you like, you can change your skin//hair/eye colors whenever you want, from that same tab.

This game has a lot of awesome ad a lot of things that need iroing out, for F2P its worth it tho even if just to try the 'mentors' out and quest through the game.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo. View Post
    After playing for a few days now, I must say Ive seen some extremely creative Heroes/Villains, I assume they have most of the DLC packs since some of the skins are facinating!!
    There are 'Algalon'-like skins, which you can tune the intencity and color of. First time I saw it I was just stadin there staring at the stars moving accross the guys skin, again I assume this is from bought DLC packs - plus tonnes more insane and whacky skins.
    That skin is sold by 1 vendor in the middle of nowhere in Metropolis, the vendor only has 1 at a time and it has a long restock time, so you will find people camping that spot all the time, so it isn't DLC, just very hard to get. You would need to be at least like "Premium" member from having made at least 1 purchase, because the skin itself I think costs like $5,000, and you can't hold $5,000 unless you get your account upgraded. Spending a few bucks on one of the DLC packs really is worth it IMO, it allows you to create like 6 characters instead of 2, so you aren't as often deleting characters to try out new weapon/power combinations. It has been awhile since I played last, so all of that could have changed since then.

The graphics are great, combat feels nice I like that it's a 4 system rotation, PvE is awesome but I just don't like the idea. Creating a superhero within a set powerbuild that may or may not resemble what I like just annoys the crickets out of me. The classes are too restrictive.

I really like Legends PvP and I hope that one day we'll get an MMO where we can pick from all the DC universe characters and re-enact famous battles and events that happened in the comix. The story in DCUO is much better than Cata but it's still not as good as it could have been. The dungeon mini-story is really nice.

I'd prefer it if the combat was more developed and the 4system tank-healer-dps-batery was replaced with either GW2's or completely revamped. I gotta say I'm a big fan of the Arkham City combat style and while it would be far too powerful for an MMO I'd love to see something similar. DCUO needs to get the right combat feel, right now I feel that's missing. I'd love some stealth action added, environmental traps and more thought into taking out bad guys and such.

The skins are really fun and the character customization is HUGE. Yet it does have it's restrictions and sometimes you just can't get that look you've wanted. RP just isn't there in this game and that's about all. Overall it's a good game, far above average but there are a few things holding it back. Also the Justice League tower takes a while to get used to... while it's big it's kinda annoying to navigate at first.

You are missing out if you have not tried it. It's actually impressive for a F2P.
    I don't sub but I have gotten every DLC, because I feel the game is worth supporting, even tho I might only play it 8 or so hours a month.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I played the DCUO beta for a couple of months and really enjoyed my time in it, but i never got around to buying the game when it released because i had just quit wow and wanted to take an MMO break for a while before SWTOR came out and boy that didn't live up to expectations...lol

Did they fix were you have to spend Real life money just to get mail out of the mailbox? if so I might try it again, if not they can kiss my ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont pay a thing for mail collection.

*Ben*