Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wow, that guildwars2 trailer is so bad. Doesn't make me wanna play the game at all. No epic feeling after watching it.. Fail.

GW2. Another bad mmo inc.
    Players will leave WoW and come back in 2 months.

Wait I thought VP wouldn't be obtained through raids and not used to purchase gear?

Blizzard doesn't want us to grind reputations for head enchants, but wants us to grind reputations to access valor vendors.

ok!

GW2 tralier was ok, but there are better! It's a teaser after all, and it served it's purpose!
    All you GW2 haters should actually play it before you judge! As an ex-WoW player, and after playing 2 of the GW2 Beta's, I must admit I am pretty impressed!!
    And there is no monthly fee so you can still stay with WoW and still play GW2 if you get into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    GW2. Another bad mmo inc.
    Players will leave WoW and come back in 2 months.
    Well i sincerely hope not, given the personalities and attitudes of many of the gw2 fans I've had to deal with. So many claimed it as the Messiah of mmos before the beta was even announced. Though some are nice. Game still seems interesting, but I'm not the kind to drop $60 without trying it in some form.

Anyway, still confused about the VP thing; I'll figure it out some other day.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2012-06-30 at 09:19 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by annicep View Post
    wow, that guildwars2 trailer is so bad. Doesn't make me wanna play the game at all. No epic feeling after watching it.. Fail.
    Perhaps this one may wet your appetite. That video in the news post is just the release announcement, nothing more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgAf4lbvTM

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Perhaps this one may wet your appetite. That video in the news post is just the release announcement, nothing more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgAf4lbvTM
    This was a lot more interesting for me than the official trailers tbh.

I feel like a lot of the folks here on mmochamp are gw2 fans that have been biding their time until the game is released. Seems like a few don't really play WoW anymore, but don't have much to do until gw2 comes.

I do wonder how the personal stories work though. They seem cool to me.

Deleted
    I wonder if Blizzard will do a move and announce MoP release date.

Deleted
    maybe this site should be called WoW-champion instead MMO-champion. It takes you 2 days to post the release date announcement of the most aniticipated IP of the year? cmon..

Deleted
    I must say that I dislike the faction valor points instead of the "old" version where you could buy items from a faction vendor for every level (Friendly - Exalted) ... typical though, they want us to spent as much time ingame as they can, itl take alot of time to get items this way and some of the prices have risen :- /

First bad move of MoP I have seen.

Deleted
    So Blizzard didnt wanna give us VP gear anymore? Yea, I can see that...

After seeing the new alliance character creation screen I am wondering if blizzard will touch up stormwind. The building in the selection screen seems to be where the cemetery is, and there is a lot of unused space near the harbor(esp. the crater district). Just seems like a little foreshadowing. It's fairly unusual to have a selection screen that is nowhere in game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    So about 13k valor points to kit yourself out in valor gear then, from just these four vendors. Hopefully you get other stuff and this is just going to be filler items. With everything else, ok not everything but alot of things, going account wide why can't valor points be account wide to so I can gear alts etc and not have to do this on all the toons?

what up with the cap of 1000 valor points per week?

it's gonna take 3 weeks to buy the expensive bits of gear that way - i thought they were supposed to be doing away with the valor cap, or was i imagining things?
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Well i sincerely hope not, given the personalities and attitudes of many of the gw2 fans I've had to deal with. So many claimed it as the Messiah of mmos before the beta was even announced.
    Problem is, since it's just the box cost you will most certainly get a bunch of kiddies and griefers all over the place ruining stuff. From this point, the monthly sub at least acts like a entry barrier.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

So MoP release date is going to be around 8/28/12!

There seems to be leather head and shoulder spell dps gear missing as well as cloth spell dps head as well :S

VP gear requiring reputation? Bye bye gearing up alts easily.
    Challenge Modes requiring me to actually go to SM when I'm in Pandaria? No thanks. I had enough of manually flying during BC and early WoTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    VP gear requiring reputation? Bye bye gearing up alts easily.
    Challenge Modes requiring me to actually go to SM when I'm in Pandaria? No thanks. I had enough of manually flying during BC and early WoTLK.
    Well then you are going to be largely disappointed in this expansion because their mission statement all along was getting people back into the world. God forbid you should take zeppelin to undercity and fly a whole 20 seconds to SM /smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God, some of these people make me wish I was a woman so I could go around aborting babies all willy-nilly just to piss them off.