Quote Originally Posted by Tabana View Post
    Set bonuses for PvP gear are currently showing up as:

(2) Set: Increases PvP Power by 300.
    (2) Set: Increases Resilience by 600.
    (4) Set: Increases the regeneration of your Focus by 15%.
    (4) Set: Increases PvP Power by 400.
    (4) Set: Increases Resilience by 800.

All of the pieces are listed at wowhuntershall.com/2012/04/25/hunter-season-12-pvp-gear-mop-build-15640/

(I can't link yet... would someone please fix it for me?)
    wowhuntershall.com/2012/04/25/hunter-season-12-pvp-gear-mop-build-15640/

and how unexciting. I hope they change that focus regen. Unless of course it applies to all forms of focus regen(such as steady/cobra shot, spec focus returns, etc.), because THAT would be epic.

15% is better than 5% at least :<

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    Haha, true true. But still...15% is so bad still. At 5 focus per second, an extra 15% would be .75 focus a second. So every 100 seconds is an extra 75 focus. Thats... :| Yeah...not good. I mean, I guess it's something. And as you said, better than the 25 focus every 100 seconds. But still. Just doesn't feel like its enough to make a difference in PvP.

15% of almost nothing is still almost nothing. :/

God blizzard is so stupid.

Every hunter in the game tells them to put the 2pc bonus on the PvP set... and what do they do?

They wipe their asses with hunter set bonus and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm confused.

I thought they said that Barrage and the other 90 talents were doing far too little damage, and would be buffed, and barrage would be buffed to make it useful on single target as well? Am I missing something here? :S

I know it's beta and all, but doing the complete opposite is just weird.
    Well I remember Ghostcrawler saying that Powershot and Barrage were bugged and not actually doing the damage that they should have been doing. If that is the case then they will be fixed and won't need a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    God blizzard is so stupid.

Every hunter in the game tells them to put the 2pc bonus on the PvP set... and what do they do?

They wipe their asses with hunter set bonus and call it done.
    What would the point of that be, steady/cobra regen 14 baseline now

they should just bake glyph of concussive shot into pvp set bonus call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Attahnimo View Post
    What would the point of that be, steady/cobra regen 14 baseline now

they should just bake glyph of concussive shot into pvp set bonus call it a day

It is very simple.

Focus regen has to have some bonus higher in PvP only. Blizzard balances damage around PvE, not PvP. Simply by going into PvP we lose so much more damage than other classes due to focus and its various interactions in PvP, more so than any other classes resource. There needs to be something to close the gap, so to speak.

If a focus regen bonus is both given to PvP and PvE, it doesn't solve the problem.

It is very simple.

Focus regen has to have some bonus higher in PvP only. Blizzard balances damage around PvE, not PvP. Simply by going into PvP we lose so much more damage than other classes due to focus and its various interactions in PvP, more so than any other classes resource. There needs to be something to close the gap, so to speak.

If a focus regen bonus is both given to PvP and PvE, it doesn't solve the problem.
    are you being facetious? lol

Blizzard doesn't balance this game around PvP and PvE being seperate.

You said they should make 2pc out set bonus and they made 2pc baseline (alongside invigoration, steady focus and viper venom for additional bonus focus...)

You should start there if you want to make sense.

(fyi no class does patchwerk dps in PvP. Does not at all warrant hunters generating more resources than any other class just because we have to cast steady/cobra shot. )

Stop being so bitter and bias, be a little realistic with your suggestions lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Haha, true true. But still...15% is so bad still. At 5 focus per second, an extra 15% would be .75 focus a second. So every 100 seconds is an extra 75 focus. Thats... :| Yeah...not good. I mean, I guess it's something. And as you said, better than the 25 focus every 100 seconds. But still. Just doesn't feel like its enough to make a difference in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    15% of almost nothing is still almost nothing. :/
    whoa whoa

i didn't say it was good or significant

just that 15% was better than 5%

Deleted
    It is very simple.

Having an increased regen setbonus on the PvP parts will lead to people using PvP gear in PvE. Much like it works the reverse way in the current tier on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    Having an increased regen setbonus on the PvP parts will lead to people using PvP gear in PvE. Much like it works the reverse way in the current tier on live.
    Well that's not really going to happen with PvP stats such as resilience and power on it. Sure, regen is great in PvE, but the cost of a number of primary and secondary stats is going to make it much less viable.

Lets not forget that it is the 4pc, not the 2pc, and if you've been around early on during cata, you'll know that some people were able to get away with the 2pc set bonus, and that was just raw agil. With PvP power and a lot of other stats on the next ones, it will be very unattractive and not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Well that's not really going to happen with PvP stats such as resilience and power on it. Sure, regen is great in PvE, but the cost of a number of primary and secondary stats is going to make it much less viable.

Lets not forget that it is the 4pc, not the 2pc, and if you've been around early on during cata, you'll know that some people were able to get away with the 2pc set bonus, and that was just raw agil. With PvP power and a lot of other stats on the next ones, it will be very unattractive and not optimal.
    Actually all the new PVP gear has very similar amounts of secondary stats to the PVE gear, it's just half a tier lower than the PVE gear of the same level (PVP power/resil doesn't take the place of secondary stats like resil does now) so if the pvp 4pc bonus is really good, it will be used in raids as well (just like it was at the beginning of cata before they nerfed it)

Lol then lets make PvE'rs go into arena to be successful instead of PvP'rs go into raids. Lets see how you like it!
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

whoa whoa

i didn't say it was good or significant

just that 15% was better than 5%
    Sorry! Didn't mean to be aggressive. Just thought I'd elaborate more on it. ^.^

Let me know when you can see your ranged weapon on Undead sheathed on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by PlentyOcool View Post
    As soon as u touch that powershot, u'll break camo, last time i checked. And with a 3sec cast u'll be better of with glyphed explo trap imo. Even good ol rhino is better, as its sorta directional, if ur purpose is to throw people off.
    Yea throwing ppl off would be my objective, the thrill and comedy of watching someone fly off and die will make my hunter experience 10x better lol. The only thing about the rhino is you would have to be in BM spec, so I'll have to see what spec I will go for pvp come MoP. And at least lumber mill in AB there is some stuff to hide behind, and when a lone person tries to capture the flag hopefully their focus will be so intent on the flag and not see me lol.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2012-06-30 at 09:13 PM.

From GC (Beta Class Balance Analysis thread page 49):

We knocked out a lot of bugs on pet scaling. You probably have some of these now and will get more updates over time.

All pets get:
    -- Crit: 100% of your Crit (Melee/Ranged/Spell individually)
    -- Hit: 50% of your Hit and 50% of your Exp
    -- Exp: 50% of your Hit and 50% of your Exp
    -- Resil: 100% of your Resil
    -- PvP Power: 100% of your PvP Power
    -- Haste: 100% of your Haste (Melee/Ranged/Spell/Regen individually)
    -- Dodge: 100% of your Dodge
    -- Parry: 100% of your Parry
    -- Armor: Various %s of your Armor, based on pet
    -- HP: Various %s of your HP, based on pet

Some pets get, as appropriate to the pet:
    -- SP: Some % of your SP, AP, or RAP, based on pet
    -- AP: Some % of your SP, AP, or RAP, based on pet
    -- RAP: Some % of your RAP, based on pet
    -- Mastery: Warlock and Mage pets get 100% of your Mastery
    -- Mana: Mage pets get 100% of your Mana
    -- Mana Regen: Mage pets get 100% of your Mana Regen

^
    This answered a lot of questions i had.

For some reason this thread has convinced me to level my hunter a bit.

How are hunter pets looks in mists? Last time i played i only had some talent trees and had to find the fight animal for the spec. And all i had were boars and cats.

Stats show that hunters are the most played class in WoW. But i wonder if taht includes alts. I'm sure it does. I actually don't see too many hunters on my server. Still more than the other DPS classes and shamans and priests, but less than pallies, DKs, druids, and warriors. And soon to be monks.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2012-07-01 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Yea throwing ppl off would be my objective, the thrill and comedy of watching someone fly off and die will make my hunter experience 10x better lol. The only thing about the rhino is you would have to be in BM spec, so I'll have to see what spec I will go for pvp come MoP. And at least lumber mill in AB there is some stuff to hide behind, and when a lone person tries to capture the flag hopefully their focus will be so intent on the flag and not see me lol.
    Powershot has a pathetic knockback

http://youtu.be/R_skqYiXt1o