Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How am i so squishy?

I have 4.5k resil and i still cant hold my own in BGs. 1 DPS gives me a hard time and two just do me in like i have no gear at all. As soon as pain suppression ends i just die. splat.

Deleted
    4.5k as disc should be fine. If it is a melee then open with fear, use cds if needed until fear is up again. If they are ranged you should find a rock or wall to hide behind and heal up, forcing them to come to you then fear again etc. Abuse LoS as much as possible. Or jsut find an epicced up dps to follow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I have 4.5k resil and i still cant hold my own in BGs. 1 DPS gives me a hard time and two just do me in like i have no gear at all. As soon as pain suppression ends i just die. splat.
    Thats what happens with noobs.splat.

but why does this happen? all that dmg reduction... focused will, inspiration as well as shields.

Deleted
    I could be funny and say you're wearing cloth.

But let's be honest, you alone agains't a DPS, let alone two, is going to result in you dying, that's just fact. Especially if you're not using your surroundings.

Deleted
    You're dying because you're bad. Honestly you should be able to hold your own against any melee and especially any caster (joke mode). Fake cast, use pws as much as possible and fear the enemy to gain leverage.

Resilience doesn't mean you can stand in front of people and never die. I just means you can actually start playing the game.

I think the other posters have outlined the basics of staying alive beyond that. Line of Sight, Psychic Scream, Pain Suppression, Desperate Prayer, your trinket, juking and PW:S. If you use them, you'll live (longer). If you don't, you'll die.

Make sure you have a buddy around to peel for you. Priests need peeling more than the other healers. Abuse your 4pc PVP bonus to get away from melee.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-06-29 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    but why does this happen? all that dmg reduction... focused will, inspiration as well as shields.
    Priests have limited ways to escape melee. Also, 4.5k resilience is ruthless gear and that doesn't mean much nowadays. But even with that, you should be able to stay alive longer. Aside from the obvious fears, learn to fakecast - it goes a long way. Try dueling some melee till you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You're dying because you're bad. Honestly you should be able to hold your own against any melee
    I've heard there are things called unholy DKs...

If by "hold your own" you mean live long enough to attract some help, then I suppose that's valid against rets, ferals and any BG tanks...

However, a rogue or warrior with a brain will stomp you, and any DK with less than half a brain will completely wipe the floor with you.

Back to the OP: as has been said, rotate CDs inbetween fears, and learn to juke, if you can make them waste an interupt you can get off a few heals until your next fear is ready.

A dk will just mock any attempt to juke him by stacking necros

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post

If by "hold your own" you mean live long enough to attract some help, then I suppose that's valid against rets, ferals and any BG tanks...

However, a rogue or warrior with a brain will stomp you, and any DK with less than half a brain will completely wipe the floor with you.

Back to the OP: as has been said, rotate CDs inbetween fears, and learn to juke, if you can make them waste an interupt you can get off a few heals until your next fear is ready.

I loved this response.

Why are you alone in bgs anyways, seems like a waste of a space if your not with the group and healing them instead of standing in mid get whacked around 1 v x

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember to always pop your bubble before you take any dmg (specially against warriors, or else you might be a bit screwed).

A renew must always be up if you are taking dmg, and never give your back to rogues, make them move for that.

Fake cast, that's gonna save your heal from being kicked, and if they'll just interr your magic, then cast a mind control, they'll stop your shadow spells and then you can heal.

Deleted

Unholy dk is hard no doubt, but if you just focus on staying alive it's not impossible. Rogue can be hard if you trinket anything but blind and warrior......is a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Unholy dk is hard no doubt, but if you just focus on staying alive it's not impossible. Rogue can be hard if you trinket anything but blind and warrior......is a joke?
    How exactly do you shake a decent warrior? Fear is next to useless against them, there's no point trinking a throwdown as the animation makes it a waste, granted their damage is relatively low, but they are very hard to make any distance on.

As to rogues, even if you play well against them, any serious rogues have their legendarries (or second stage if they slack or hate pve) which makes their damage output very high to say the least.

*my first point wasn't being flippant or rude, i'm genuinely curious as 1vs1 I personally struggle against warriors.

15+ Year Old Account
    ive seen disc priests stay alive thru like 3-4 dps for a very very long time, you are doing something terribly wrong.

Deleted
    How exactly do you shake a decent warrior? Fear is next to useless against them, there's no point trinking a throwdown as the animation makes it a waste, granted their damage is relatively low, but they are very hard to make any distance on.

As to rogues, even if you play well against them, any serious rogues have their legendarries (or second stage if they slack or hate pve) which makes their damage output very high to say the least.

*my first point wasn't being flippant or rude, i'm genuinely curious as 1vs1 I personally struggle against warriors.
    Rogues can only kill you if they get to blind you without trinket, so don't trinket anything beside that. Use PS on the 1st dance and everything else on next dance.
    Warriors just PS recklessness and they don't really hurt enough to kill you, just keep renew up, pws as much possible and rely on FH, fear on CD (27sec fear vs 30sec zerker rage)

It's all about proper CD rotation really and knowing how to survive.

DK is the only hard class 1v1 because you can't play into what the DK is doing, sometimes his cd will align and you'll be low and you'll die, which is why it's so damn important not to fall behind, so he can use those cds to kill you.

Oh and make sure you're moving around them, standing still makes you a training dummy.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-06-29 at 09:57 PM.

Disc priests have so many damage reducing passives and CDs that I feel immortal compared to my resto druid. In 4.5k res only a very competent and geared dps should be able to kill you eventually 1 on 1, else in random BG's you should be able to happily survive 2-3 noob dps pounding away on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    5080 resilience in Cataclysmic gladiator gear wants to say high. Lower if I equip Cunning of the cruel. Regardless, it only reduces damage by 47% not taking into account any methods your opponent has to get through it. When you have classes that can crit for 40k+ on you even in great gear you cant just stand there and take hit after hit. Keep on the move, keep your defenses up, and get in shots when you can. You just have to wear them down.

After awhile you will have them yelling at the screen saying

WHY WON"T YOU DIE!!!

And yeah, one on one I can hold my own, 2 it depends on their skill, 3 or more I burn every CD I have before they take me out.

Disc priests have so many damage reducing passives and CDs that I feel immortal compared to my resto druid.
    Everyone feels invincible compared to a Resto Druid. That doesn't make Disc OP, that makes Resto Druid non-viable.

5080 resilience in Cataclysmic gladiator gear wants to say high. Lower if I equip Cunning of the cruel. Regardless, it only reduces damage by 47% not taking into account any methods your opponent has to get through it. When you have classes that can crit for 40k+ on you even in great gear you cant just stand there and take hit after hit. Keep on the move, keep your defenses up, and get in shots when you can. You just have to wear them down.

After awhile you will have them yelling at the screen saying

WHY WON"T YOU DIE!!!

And yeah, one on one I can hold my own, 2 it depends on their skill, 3 or more I burn every CD I have before they take me out.
    This pretty much. So many new PVPers come in and stand around like they do in PVE and then are surprised when they get smoked. Your biggest damage reduction CD is line of sight, and player attention (or the lack of it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    ive seen disc priests stay alive thru like 3-4 dps for a very very long time, you are doing something terribly wrong.
    Agreed, that's my experience in bgs as disc. I can charge into a base alone, wreak havoc, and stay alive if I play my cards right, but it wasn't always this way.

I suggest going onto arenajunkies.com and reviewing pvp guides, videos, and forums in order to build your knowledge of PVP. There is a lot to know.

I found the learning curve as disc to be steeper than dps classes, largely because your role shifts throughout a game (protecting 1 flag carrier, aoe healing, capturing a base, or killing other players when you're alone). This requires using different combinations of abilities for different situations. Playing arena in 2v2 with random players will dramatically speed up the learning process, because it teaches you precision (sometimes one wrong move and you die). After doing arena for the first time for one week, I emerged feeling invincible in random bgs

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 07:25 PM ----------

Post your armory and we can help with that

Also, make sure that you are either using mouseover macros or healing addons such as clique + grid, or vuhdo etc. In order to heal/PVP fast enough, you really need something that can keep up with your reaction time. Click healing will slow you down too much.

I hit that massive roadblock in both PVP and PVE before I got stubborn and made researching my class a priority. It would take too long for us to list everything that you could be doing wrong; it would be easier for you to read guides.

Should i drop divine fury and get imp renew instead and glyph it? Will that help?