Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Depends a lot on my lane partner. If he's good, it can be a lot of fun setting up kills, but if he's bad....

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I find support boring because I feel that I have a low amount of gold, I must be careful not to take killing blows although with the damage you have that isn't too hard, you are the main responsibility for wards. I think that's it. :O And maybe you take alittle more harassment when things are going bad too.
    Gold is offset by gp5 items, which you should be building on almost every single support.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played 4 support games last night.

Soraka w/ Corki - absolutely dominated their Blitz / MF...infinite mana on Corki against a zero sustain lane = free win

Sona w/ Graves - completely crushed their Taric/Caitlyn...our Graves wasn't even that great at exchanges, I helped win that w/ Q + P-Chord poke.

Nunu w/ Kog - ah, my favorite. We were up against a tough Alistar/Vayne lane...was relatively even until the first level 6 team fight. BloodBoil steroid 4tw.

Blitz w/ Caitlyn - now this one was fun. Playing against a Soraka/Ashe lane...I would stand just a hair behind one of her traps and when I landed my grabs I got a nice little snare...then was able to power fist them up in the air after a brief moment. Caitlyn had an easy time landing Qs w/ the trap + power fist combo...easy win.

I haven't won 4 straight playing support in soloQ for a while...and it felt damn good. Blitz is quickly becoming my favorite support, though...which is kinda scary.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I find playing support the most fun.
    Its realy challenging becouse you are typical more squishy then the others, it allso teaches you map awareness and positioning, making you a better gamer.
    Having alot of utility and being able to chain cc or outsmart a stronger opponant resulting in kills, make you fell bad ass.
    That said, you are highly dependant of your laning partner, and if they suck, (And trust me, even in 1800+ elo games, some are compleat tools), you are prety much screwed.
    The general higher map awareness players who mains as support have, are a real pleasure to play whit if they take on another role.
    Playing a support champ in mid for some wtf pwness is allso alot of fun, and brings alot of utility and sustainability in big teamfights.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Deleted
    Playing support is okay, as long as I dont need to play it every game. IMO good player should do good in all roles.

I've found that aggressive Sona players are both extremely tough and annoying to lane against. Every time I tried to get CS as Kog'maw, this Sona would come out of her bush and hit me with her stuff. I know I have my W, but you can't exactly spam it.

I've also found that having a Blitzcrank on your team who can't hit his hook is pretty worthless.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just sharing my experience on the matter.

So far I played Janna and Soraka and they were relatively fun but this week I tried Sona and by god she is FUN! I'll buy her ASAP! Plus, her taunt is so cute.

I play excusively as super agressive blitz tank support (with ignite and exhaust and dorans shield 1st item) and I consider him as funny support

3 games yesterday: (games elo range 1400-1500)
    premade blitz/kayle against graves/nidalee - 1st blood in enemy jungle bushes; later total dominance - enemy zoned in to a twrhugging; we ofc overextended heavily, ganks were unavoidable - graves+panth+nidalee vs blitz and kayle = tripplekill for kayle and I fleed with 100 hp without hlp from tower; game eneded in 25 min with 12/1/5 for kayle

blitz/draven against vayne/taric - draven fed beyond sanity in early game, later he began to dying because of cockiness, but it was too late for enemy team, especially when our amumu achieved quadra in final teamfight

blitz/ashe against urgot/janna - because of ashe passivenes and cowardice I fed a little urgot, but ashe kept to feed herself; later in teamfights we turned a tide, because janna became useless and urgot/kathrus were always grabbed and killed instantly

only combination corki(sivir)/soraka is annoying for me, every other combination is pure oppression with proper ad carry

Deleted
    The only supports I enjoy are the more aggressive ones. Currently I've got Alistar & Blitz, and I'm having a blast with them if I can turn the game into my favor thus going more offensive in the lane.

I like it. It's fun being able to catch people out of position and get a kill, or saving a team mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoy it, and am usually forced into that role since people are dead set on what they want to play. I just cant stand it when people say "ward this or that."
    I ward bot and keep my AD safe, wards are 75g if u want one buy it!

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 09:25 AM ----------

I run GP5 runes/masteries/items and usually end up with more gold than 80% of the other players which is always nice. Free gold

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Aggressive Sona playing is a lot more fun though, the people who complain about support being dull are the ones that sit in the bush doing nothing
    No I don't. You've seen me play Janna.

Edit: Gonna try some Zilean support now, with a teemo. Wish me luck.

Edit2: went shit as usual.
    Last edited by Niku; 2012-06-21 at 12:14 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far i enjoy support. New(er) player, lvl 16, support Karma.
    It is sort of nice to not have to fight over "MIDMIDMID,Solotop,goaway!11nob"

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    No I don't. You've seen me play Janna.

Edit: Gonna try some Zilean support now, with a teemo. Wish me luck.

Edit2: went shit as usual.
    If you want to get into playing support, then I advise you to not run shit comps before you actually get used to playing the role/champion.

It's like you're not even trying...

I love support but they really need more support classes.

Recently been playing support Alistar and love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to meet a Teemo + Zilean at the bottom. Gain a level or two and then just stomp 'em over and over.

Having fun? I'm having a blast. I make wind noises for every Q I send out with Janna. I roar on the top of my lungs whn I press Taric's ultimate. I also yell "BOOOOM!" every time I stun someone with him. Sadly, there is nothing in Soraka or Lulu I can turn into an obscenely childish act. Nunu, maybe, but I don't like him. My teammates queue dodge when I select Zilean. It isn't because I'm bad with him!

Good ward placement wins games. I like being that guy. I like being the guy that carries the AD's ass around.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

I like Sona when I'm tired or something. Just faceroll qwer, ward and afk in bushes.

I'd say Taric is the best support. Has good amounts of heal, a stun, an armor buff/debuff with his awesome ulti. Jax running in from jungle with his stick spinning? DODGE THIS! Enemy has cloth armor as starter? GOOD ARMOR BRO! Getting harassed? HEALZ! Ad carry has lots of damage? NO! MOAR DAMAGE!

Seriously though, Aegis on him is godly. I play with 0/9/21 on Taric with 4 bonus Armor and MR, gold mastery with 0 CDR and 8 gold yellows + 1 Armor Yellow, Armor Reds, MR Per Level Blues and Gold Quints.

I go with Soul Shroud, Athene's, Mercury's, Aegis and Iron Solari. If we don't need heavy warding (As in jungle and solo top both have wriggles and can get wards) I also get a RoA. With the RoA, I get 3950 Health, 220ish Armor and 170 ish MR. Yeah, come and kill me. Try hard. With around 160 AP, he does good damage. Against carries that got no MR, I can do 250 with shatter, 500ish with stun and 500ish with ult. That's something none of them expects. With the str of spi mastery, I get around 80 HP regen too. (40 in early phases. Which is more than enough to withstand harass.)

Enemy is aggressive and I get oom? Np, I'll auto attack minions with coordination from my AD. Idiots flashed under tower? Free kill for me if the carry is running away.

Taric has everything. He's a conventional support but feels like an unconventional one. Get an Urgot next to you, and the enemy bot lane will familiarize themselves with both of your mothers.

And ofcourse, I do yell alot while playing support. Makes it feel like I'm doing something big and heavy. Support is much more engaging than AD carry to be honest. No one wants to mess with you. On AD, you just harass and wait for your auto attacks to close the deal. (Graves is another screaming match, so he doesn't count.) I find playing support is more fun in teamfights too, compared to any type of carries. (Which for me, means that enemy bruisers always know what they are doing so I'm stuck with building Void/LW in 10th minute or try to keep my ass alive for the entire fight rather than bursting people down. I'm lucky that way.)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."