Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well then to hell with your beta key give away contest. I'll just wait for PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Oh really...where? Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Gamespot to name a few have NO trace of the CE, much less an option to preorder.

I'm amazed that you can apparently preorder a CE from some magical place before Blizzard has even announced it. You must've used Doc's Delorean to travel forward in time to place your CE order.
    I'm sorry you are new to gaming but companies offer pre orders with just a title available. And they will offer CE pre orders as well (in stores not online).
    And the post I replied to said they put the CE of cata in july... Well Considering Blizz didn't announce cata's release date till October means...?
    Blizzard always releases CE. Game retailers know this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You misunderstood my post. I know that the Ptr will simply have the new talents and possibly the theramore scenario.

Re-read my post again with that in mind and you will see what my true point was.
    No, we got beta so the people who didn't get beta get to test PTR, its a good return I think.

I honestly can't fathom the reason people are mentioning GW2 and MoP in the same sentence. They aren't even the same type of game, they are very different in almost every way. One is also a B2P and one's a sub, they have little to no connections to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I honestly can't fathom the reason people are mentioning GW2 and MoP in the same sentence. They aren't even the same type of game, they are very different in almost every way. One is also a B2P and one's a sub, they have little to no connections to each other.
    Because most people like to create drama

Deleted
    well, no new models.

fuck blizz.

Considering Brewfest starts on Sept 20 and, if I remember correctly, there are Pandaren achievements for Brewfest on the Beta, the release date for the pre-expansion will have to go 1 of 2 ways.

1) August 28/Sept 4 to give time for people to get close to 90 so they can enjoy the "holiday" with the 4th being a good bet so that MOP will drop on the 18th, right before the "holiday"
    or
    2) Sept 18 to incorporate the "holiday" into the pre-expansion and having MOP drop two weeks later.

Just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The beta has everything that'll be in 5.0.1, plus more. I don't know why someone with a beta account would want access to the PTR when they already have the ability to test all of that stuff on the beta.

Maybe they specifically want feedback on 5.0.1 from people who haven't played the beta.
    Who knows? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    As has already been brought up multiple times, unless you canceled a very very long time ago, you can access the PTRs with a frozen wow account, you don't have to be subbed.

The sale is clearly to offer the newly released The Secret World some competition.
    Speaking of that title, the only reason I've heard of it is because Curse decided to play it cute by altering my addon client's theme for the duration of its advertising. Very annoying.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

We're still more than a month away... The cinematic for MoP debuts in the middle of August, the expansion is no doubt launching in September, but if Blizzard is really cruel, they'll stretch it out til November.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    well, no new models.

fuck blizz.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the updated models were supposed to be after MoP... not on release...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    We're still more than a month away... The cinematic for MoP debuts in the middle of August, the expansion is no doubt launching in September, but if Blizzard is really cruel, they'll stretch it out til November.
    Releasing in November would be very bad for their subscription numbers. The longer they wait, the more people that will quit (at least temporarily) because of boredom.

Ok my 2 cents...

You all seem to be referring to previous releases as if there is some sort of stone with commandments carved in it somewhere, "Thou shalt not release the game until ptr has been up at least x days", "Thou shalt not release games on certain dates", the fact of the matter is blizzard will release it when they are absolutely certain its ready, they have always done this up until Diablo 3, and look at how horrifically wrong that went (and still is), they won't release MoP until basically everything apart from the T14 end bosses has been tested, it doesnt matter how long the ptr has been up or whatever.

The other thing is it seems that the vast majority of people dont understand the top post. Im going to explain this with the use of quotes and logic.

"This limitation is on each World of Warcraft license, and is not Battle.net account-based."
    You have a battle.net account, within your account you have various game licenses, if you bought the Annual Pass, you will have a mists of pandaria beta game license, this license allows you access to the beta client, and beta servers. You also have your normal account which allows you access to wow, and wow PTR, along with Diablo 3, etc. etc.

"It will not be possible to access the 5.0.1 PTR realms with a game account that accesses the Mists of Pandaria Beta.
    If a game account has been flagged with a Mists of Pandaria Beta license, it can only be used to enter Beta realms."
    This means that you cannot play on the PTR with any of the characters you have on the Beta license, so for example, if you have copied your main over to the beta, levelled it up to 90 and are testing the new shiz, you cant use that character to test cata content with the new talents system etc on the ptr, but you can on the beta.

Likewise, if you DO NOT HAVE the annual pass, you also do not have the beta, so you CAN access the PTR and you CAN test the new talents system, everyone can do this, but you cannot do it with any of the characters you have on your beta license. You will need to copy any chars you wish from the live wow over to the ptr, then test it on there.

"While testing 5.0.1, players will not be able to access zones or content that is a part of the Mists of Pandaria expansion."
    Of course you cant, you really think after some people had to wait 2 months to access the mists content on beta they would then let everyone, even the non-ap holders access to all of it? get real.

Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    You can do everything on PTR on beta, just keep your character level 85.
    Flat out wrong.

The PTR is testing the 5.0.1 patch. Which means they'll be testing the pre-expansion event. You can't do that on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    I'm sorry you are new to gaming but companies offer pre orders with just a title available. And they will offer CE pre orders as well (in stores not online).
    And the post I replied to said they put the CE of cata in july... Well Considering Blizz didn't announce cata's release date till October means...?
    Blizzard always releases CE. Game retailers know this...
    Well, maybe you don't understand but places that do pre-orders such as Gamestop or Best Buy will not offer a pre-order on anything that isn't available on their website (even in-store) especially a CE because they need a head-start to know how many units they can sell from Blizzard so they don't screw themselves and oversell. Also, yes they didn't announce official street date for Cataclysm until October 12, 2010 a full 2+ Months after the CE was available for pre-oreder from both Gamestop and Best Buy on July 21, 2010. My point is, to date, there still isn't an available pre-order for the CE anywhere which at least for Cataclysm was 2+ months before they announced a release date which was then for another 2 months down the line on December 7th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    Flat out wrong.

The PTR is testing the 5.0.1 patch. Which means they'll be testing the pre-expansion event. You can't do that on beta.
    Exactly this. I am amazed at how many people think this is a beta free for all. No...sorry kiddies...wrong. Theramore and talents....no pandas...no awesome scenerie...no nothing else. Same stuffs basically as live..couple extra goodies and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    So nobody with the annual pass can go on the PTR..? D:
    no you just fail at reading, it says the test account, not battlenet, so if you have a WoW1 and WoW2 account when you try to log in you chose most likely the first one since that'll be your PTR acc, the WoW2 is prolly MOP since most likely people have had a PTR acc way before a beta acc, so you'll just choose WoW1 if you're already on annual pass unless you've never ptr'd prior to getting it, if you haven't then you more than likely have to choose WoW2

TL;DR you fail at reading and no one on beta will be restricted from ptr cause its just plain STUPID

Deleted
    Month-two for PRT and then release?
    That means MoP is released end of august or september?

Deleted
    Since only serious WoW-players have AP and all serious players have at least two accounts we go PTR on one of our other accounts.

I am actually kinda excited about this.
    Does not really matter how much get as long as it is new since the game has been utterly boring in the last few months.

Maybe this is dumb question but does this mean, like in every other pre-exp patch , we get new talents ?

Deleted
    If a blue says people with MoP Beta can't get on PTR. It means they can't.

Just make a starter edition license or account and use that for PTR - should work.