View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Humans, they are just puny Norn with no sense of glory.

I actually voted for Azura, mostly because it isn't spelled correctly but also because they have weird looking feet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormod View Post
    I actually voted for Azura, mostly because it isn't spelled correctly but also because they have weird looking feet.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Asura

And our feet are just lovely, thank you very much! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I dunno, I had my fill of "GLORIUS" from Kormac, I don't need another any time soon.
    No matter where we go, we could always find more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    No matter where we go, we could always find more like that.
    6 /10
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that some portions of the community in Guild Wars 2 are going to end up like in WoW where certain people rant about how awesome the biggest and smallest races are and claim how dull and boring the 'middle' races are? I wish more people would learn to appreciate what every race brings to the table.
    Fully agree with this. I personally enjoy every single race in the game. They all have unique flavors, and they all have unique flaws that I despise. (I still think the Norn are too cliche)

If I had to vote one as being my least favorite, I'd definitely say Asura, but I don't have any particular dislike for them. I just like the others more. I certainly do have a great love for their personality, as it can be fun, but their personality is also part of why I like the other races better. Narcissism gets a little old after a while.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I have to go with the lazer midgets. The plant and cat people are almost as bad, but they don't have crazy tech that is just so out of place.

Deleted
    Asura. Never really liked small cutsey races. Give me the boring old Human everytime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No - there will never be an mmo without humans - a lot of people would feel utterly alienated by the lack of humans - bland and dull as they are.
    They're not always dull. Let's not pretend as if many non-human races don't end up just being humans in a monstrous husk. Charr are very industrial and technologically advanced as well as heavily influenced by the Roman military. All of which are traits quite easily associated with humans in the real world. The same can be said of Norn, who are very heavily influenced by Nordic culture and stereotypes. As much as I enjoy playing exotic races, very few are actually all that inspiring and unique - most tend to just be based on a mix of various aspects of past and present human cultures.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-07-04 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Asura. Never really liked small cutsey races. Give me the boring old Human everytime.
    They're anything but cutesy. You need to do some research here!

Flummox is pretty much your standard Asura personality. Harsh of tongue, extremely condescending, and quite shrewd.

“Flummox, are you awake?” said Sareb.

“Do I look awake?” said the asura, popping open one eye.

The male sylvari watched the artificer sternly, as if suspecting a trap. At last he nodded. “Yes.”

“Then I must be awake.” Flummox let out a deep, frustrated sigh. “Why aren’t we moving?”

“There’s a problem.”

“The wagon is not moving, it is cold outside, and you’ve awoken me from my nap,” said Flummox, propping himself up on his elbows, one eye still closed in desperate hope. “I can guess there is some form of problem. Now tell me, my young sylvari, what is the problem?”

Basically, try to imagine that the entire race is based off Tyrion Lannister.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-04 at 06:46 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Saent View Post
    I have to go with the lazer midgets. The plant and cat people are almost as bad, but they don't have crazy tech that is just so out of place.
    Crazy tech being out of place? Well there are plenty of muskets and magic all about, I suggest you look up the term "steampunk".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I voted for Charr. They just don't appeal to me. I've never been a fan of beastly races lol

asura

/10uglyas.sholeasura
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-07-04 at 07:03 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Asura... i hate midgets never liked gnomes either
    Agreed! I'm fine with the other races, but the Asura .. I doubt I'll roll one at all.
    I am a filthy casual!

That's tough. If I had to choose one, however, it'd probably be the norn/humans. Not that I dislike either of them.

In lore: Sylvari
    In appearance: Charr

Deleted
    Norn. Although not as bland as Humans, they just seem.. Uninteresting in every aspect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Norn. Although not as bland as Humans, they just seem.. Uninteresting in every aspect to me.
    Definitely glad I'm not the only one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    Agreed! I'm fine with the other races, but the Asura .. I doubt I'll roll one at all.
    What's with the Asura hate.. makes me sad Every time I walk in a town I'm 100% sure the 'they see me rollin, they hatin' quote will be in my mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Definitely glad I'm not the only one.
    I just don't get it, especially with you being from Alberta and all those beautiful mountains, how can you not identify somewhat with the Norn?