Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Sorry, maybe you should read the words on the screen. The very first quote and thing he stuck by until just now was:

The storyline was finished. Just because he didn't care for it does not mean it needs DLC or changing. And trying to use the fact that items are still on a vendor for a dead companion as an excuse that she should definitely be resurrected and was meant to be, and therefore there are plot holes is just retarded. Changing it would do nothing but get rid of some illogical illusion that some extreme minority hold onto as gospel. It definitely is not something that is valid to get bugged by, I guarantee 95% of the people who even played the game barely even noticed. and 4.9% of the remaining 5 noticed but didn't think anything of it. if .1% of a population starts making ridiculous claims, conspiracy theories, and calling for change... they are either ignored or locked away.
    See, what you're failing to grasp here is the basic concept that he further elaborated on the point he was making because he admitted he was unclear at the beginning. And who are you to say what is and what isn't allowed to bother someone? I think that it's an example of developer error that the items weren't removed, no different than the way some of Shadow's (FFVI) equippable weapons are obsolete without ever getting to use them because he is unavailable for large portions of the game, during which time you find further upgrades.

The Aeris storyline is finished, but you can't really argue that it somehow adds anything to the game to leave her detritus on the future vendors. It's useless clutter, and should be pared out - just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean you get to say that no one else does or that it's somehow meaningless.

Deleted
    Minimum requirements are interesting.

Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit) • 2GHz Processor or faster • 1GB RAM •
    DirectX 9-compatible graphic card
    What are they doing to that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Minimum requirements are interesting.

What are they doing to that game?
    A lot of that comes from the fact that you mostly need about those specs to run XP/Vista/7 (XP you can get away with less though). Minimum system specs have to factor in the requirements the OS has as well as the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    A lot of that comes from the fact that you mostly need about those specs to run XP/Vista/7 (XP you can get away with less though). Minimum system specs have to factor in the requirements the OS has as well as the game.
    Yeah but a ps1 game to pc, that's what is interesting about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Yeah but a ps1 game to pc, that's what is interesting about all of this.
    It was released for PC more than a decade ago already. That and there have been a number of PS1 games that saw PC releases over the years. I can't think of any that have been recently re-released, but I also can't think of any (maybe Xenogears?) that have had the kind of rabid fanbase as FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It was released for PC more than a decade ago already. That and there have been a number of PS1 games that saw PC releases over the years. I can't think of any that have been recently re-released, but I also can't think of any (maybe Xenogears?) that have had the kind of rabid fanbase as FFVII
    I thought it was "cool" to hate FFVII these days. I really liked FFVII, but I am not sure if I am going to bother getting this version myself. My old PS1 discs are sort of messed up, but I got it on the PSP anyways. . . . We'll see! Don't care for the character booster though, feels like cheating and just wrong, but perhaps thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    See, what you're failing to grasp here is the basic concept that he further elaborated on the point he was making because he admitted he was unclear at the beginning. And who are you to say what is and what isn't allowed to bother someone? I think that it's an example of developer error that the items weren't removed, no different than the way some of Shadow's (FFVI) equippable weapons are obsolete without ever getting to use them because he is unavailable for large portions of the game, during which time you find further upgrades.

The Aeris storyline is finished, but you can't really argue that it somehow adds anything to the game to leave her detritus on the future vendors. It's useless clutter, and should be pared out - just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean you get to say that no one else does or that it's somehow meaningless.
    I don't like mushrooms and find them meaningless, seeing them in stores bothers me so stores should get rid of mushrooms? Or how about when I go to a party and I see someone there I don't like, should they be removed by the host because they bother me and aren't doing anything but sitting there? This is the sort of self-entitledness that I will repeatedly state that I hate about this generation. Sometimes there is random shit that doesn't really have a point but is still there. Is it hurting anyone? no. Is it taking away from anything by being there? no. Is it doing anything more than being the pet peeve of a few OCD individuals who for some reason want to read more into it than it really means? Not in the slightest. What it adds to the game is no more than what it takes away from. Back when FF7 was made it wasn't made to deal with a few disgruntled peoples OCD, and in fact more people get mad when things aren't available even when they are useless as proven by the MoP beta vendor filtering.

Just... Deal... With... It. That is all I was getting down to, though it first required me paring down his argument from complete bullshit to what the problem really was, consider it experience from my customer service days. Half of the complaints people give really boil down to one or two stupid issues that then cause them to find any tiny little thing they can to add to the list and exaggerate the problem. Especially when the initial complaint is as half-assed as the one he gave.

Good Day Sir.

"Thirteen weeks after its release, Final Fantasy VIII had earned more than US$50 million in sales, making it the fastest-selling Final Fantasy title of all time until Final Fantasy XIII, a multi-platform release."

Final Fantasy 8 outsold(as did 13) Final Fantasy 7, so I don't know what they mean when they are talking about 'surpassing' 7. Maybe they means in term of critical reception?

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    "Thirteen weeks after its release, Final Fantasy VIII had earned more than US$50 million in sales, making it the fastest-selling Final Fantasy title of all time until Final Fantasy XIII, a multi-platform release."

Final Fantasy 8 outsold(as did 13) Final Fantasy 7, so I don't know what they mean when they are talking about 'surpassing' 7. Maybe they means in term of critical reception?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...es#PlayStation

Hm didn't take into account all the different versions. I guess that's their way of saying they are never going to remake it, because I don't see any of the FF13 games getting even half of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original port to the PC of Final Fantasy VII was TERRIBLE. Eidos did a piss poor job on the port. Controls were god awful. The music was MIDI and atrocious to listen to. But each character has a mouth line :O

I made a short video in regards to this. Has my opinions + information on the new site that launched today, the new "and exciting" features, and remake we really want

http://youtu.be/jf7Wh74n560
    Host of the 2 Year Livestream Challenge http://www.twitch.tv/inexpensivegamer Gaming like the cheap asshat I am

too much to read thru and im lazy here is my 2 cents:

if its the same game with current gen graphics i will buy it in a heartbeat, if they add a bit more still i will buy it as long as they dont change the game too much

if its the same game with same graphics i can just hookup one of my PS2s and play the game i still have it, wont buy it again for nothing new
    Last edited by lazybum; 2012-07-05 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I don't like mushrooms and find them meaningless, seeing them in stores bothers me so stores should get rid of mushrooms? Or how about when I go to a party and I see someone there I don't like, should they be removed by the host because they bother me and aren't doing anything but sitting there? This is the sort of self-entitledness that I will repeatedly state that I hate about this generation. Sometimes there is random shit that doesn't really have a point but is still there. Is it hurting anyone? no. Is it taking away from anything by being there? no. Is it doing anything more than being the pet peeve of a few OCD individuals who for some reason want to read more into it than it really means? Not in the slightest. What it adds to the game is no more than what it takes away from. Back when FF7 was made it wasn't made to deal with a few disgruntled peoples OCD, and in fact more people get mad when things aren't available even when they are useless as proven by the MoP beta vendor filtering.

Just... Deal... With... It. That is all I was getting down to, though it first required me paring down his argument from complete bullshit to what the problem really was, consider it experience from my customer service days. Half of the complaints people give really boil down to one or two stupid issues that then cause them to find any tiny little thing they can to add to the list and exaggerate the problem. Especially when the initial complaint is as half-assed as the one he gave.

Good Day Sir.
    Still ignoring the fact that all i said to begin with was that i wanted the storyline cleared up as it is a bit misleading. Nothing half assed about what i've said as it's all in the game. Go play it and look for yourself.

consider it experience from my customer service days
    I guess it is, after all they're only paid to do what is told to them and very very rarely think for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Why would it be a PC port... when there already is one?
    Because now it's like an online networking site too! You get a profile, and achievements and cloud saves!

Oh, and you can just cheat your way through the game too! Isn't this what everyone wants!?

Quite possibly the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. SquareEnix is dead.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

Deleted
    The option for 'cheating' does baffle me. I can't seem to wrap my head around it, since it's one of those strange gimmicks that makes me wonder who the target audience really is. I do think achievements are equally as pointless, though. To me, they're useless unless they unlock something or the points can be spent as some sort of currency. Some games do this, but it's a rarity.

If they can re-release it to not run like garbage on PC, I'll be happy. I recently had to emulate this game(I still have my PS1 copy, just no PS to play it on) because without modding I'm not even sure the PC version will play on new computers. If they can combine the mods that made it better and compatible with new PCs, I'd buy it again. Updated music n such, I think it'd sell well considering how much copies of the game cost online.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Still ignoring the fact that all i said to begin with was that i wanted the storyline cleared up as it is a bit misleading. Nothing half assed about what i've said as it's all in the game. Go play it and look for yourself.
    None of your posts made sense. You said the story was incomplete and Aeris death made no sense? That is PURELY storywise, so ANY ingame item or mechanic, has nothing to do with it. STORYWISE her death was sad, but perfect.

The only thing you are argueing about, is that because there are items and mechanics in the game, incase you level her up before she dies, or just because they forgot to remove them, gives you a slight hope she might return. Too bad, live with it, that has nothing to do with your claim that it doesn't make sense though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NETTN View Post
    In my opinion none of your posts made sense. You said the story was incomplete and Aeris death made no sense? That is PURELY storywise, so ANY ingame item or mechanic, has nothing to do with it. STORYWISE her death was sad, but perfect.

The only thing you are argueing about, is that because there are items and mechanics in the game, incase you level her up before she dies, or just because they forgot to remove them, gives you a slight hope she might return. Too bad, live with it, that has nothing to do with your claim that it doesn't make sense though.
    All you are saying is i'm wrong based off your own opinion where i am giving facts which are actually in the game. Also you keep thinking i am against Aeris dying where if you actually read, my issue is with them changing their mind about her story part way through development and not cleaning it up.

The only thing you are argueing about, is that because there are items and mechanics in the game, incase you level her up before she dies, or just because they forgot to remove them
    In a game so story driven as FF7 one does not simply forget to remove items/mechanics, especially if the only outcome they ever intended for Aeris was a set death.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a remake. It's a re-release with a few new features unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    In a game so story driven as FF7 one does not simply forget to remove items/mechanics, especially if the only outcome they ever intended for Aeris was a set death.
    Yeah maybe they left them in, because it doesn't really make a difference anyway.
    When I discovered Aeris' limit breaks, which I just unlocked, because I wanted to see if she has one, I thought it was quite funny. But at no point did I think it made no sense. And you get her ultimate weapon, when she's still alive, right? So what's the problem with that?