Deleted

PS3 Trade-in value

So was just thinkinh, I've got 2 PS3's and dont use the one of them that often, so i concluded i would trade it in for an xbox, by the way its a PS3 60g (the fat kind :P). The problem is i dont know its correct trade-in value and wether i'd (i expect so) need to throw in some older games and a bit of cash to get an xbox.
    (As i'm in the UK its store like HMV, GAME and Gamestop etc but other currencies/stores i can always look up and find prices). Also i would like to know if it would require the correct boxing, as i'm sure if i looked i could find it but am just wondering incase.

Thanks for any feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    So was just thinkinh, I've got 2 PS3's and dont use the one of them that often, so i concluded i would trade it in for an xbox, by the way its a PS3 60g (the fat kind :P). The problem is i dont know its correct trade-in value and wether i'd (i expect so) need to throw in some older games and a bit of cash to get an xbox.
    (As i'm in the UK its store like HMV, GAME and Gamestop etc but other currencies/stores i can always look up and find prices). Also i would like to know if it would require the correct boxing, as i'm sure if i looked i could find it but am just wondering incase.

Thanks for any feedback!
    I wouldn't expect you'd get much for it. I live in the US so the amount is definitely going to be different for you, but a quick look-up on Amazon says you could get ~$70USD for a fat 60GB PS3 in like new condition (meaning very little scratches, no markings/stickers, and all of the basic cables). I'm thinking it would be around the same at a retailer like Gamestop, so probably around $50-80USD or maybe even less because it's one of the older fat models, I'm not too sure.

As for the boxing, I'm also not very sure. I keep the packaging for all of my stuff, and it's rare I trade anything in (except my 2nd gen. iPhone that I got $160 for about 3 months ago).

It'll get you a decent chunk of change towards a X360, but you're going to probably have to put forth a bit more cash.

If both of your PS3's are the 60GB models they're backwards compatible with PS2 games, so they're worth a bit more. I'd sell it online instead of trade it in, you'll get more money for it.

As far as I know, the 60GB models are "kind of" rare.

Deleted
    CEX is a good bet also, they usually match other places offers, especially if they are in need of them

Try to sell them on craigslist before gamestop rips you off and gives you $20 or something. Trading in your consoles or games should be a last resort.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trade-in value at a Gamestop will range from 65-100$ depending on their inventory. You will not be able to trade a PS3 for an Xbox360 and expect to break anywhere near even.

As some have said, Craigslist. Especially if they are the PS2 enabled versions. You can definetly achieve 100$ for one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.