View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    The differences are subtle, but they are there.
    Agreed, just gotta look at the face.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just noticed charr is italicized

wonder what that implies...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Have you ever really met a player who thought they were tough just because they chose a large race? I definitely haven't
    I sure as hell acted more "tough" and boisterous than usual just because I was a Tauren. :3
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombar View Post
    At most I have seen some jabs or banter with or between friends or fellow guildies/posters. All in the sense of tongue in cheek and fun. No more.
    what do you call a charr engineer with a flamethrower?

CHARRbroiled
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i just noticed charr is italicized

wonder what that implies...
    Not sure if serious. It means you voted Charr, but I'm going to assume you know that is what it means.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I sure as hell acted more "tough" and boisterous than usual just because I was a Tauren. :3
    That's not the Tauren personality though, from what I've seen.

Sylvari; "Why hi there, stereotypical fap-bait race!"

In all seriousness though, Elves are the most boring trump-card race that any game can pull, because you can never go wrong with them. I'd personally love if a game could take risk and go for a completely new race concept, haven't seen one of those in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    In all seriousness though, Elves are the most boring trump-card race that any game can pull, because you can never go wrong with them. I'd personally love if a game could take risk and go for a completely new race concept, haven't seen one of those in a while.
    Um. That's exactly what the Sylvari are. They're not stereotypical. They're frickin' plant-people, and only 25 years old as a race. They're not as original as Arena Net would like to think (I'm sure people have done dryads in a similar concept before), but they're certainly not stereotypical, and they can easily be considered a completely new race concept - I haven't seen playable plant races THAT common of a thing in the RPG world.

Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-07 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted

Tera.

/10asura

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The humans pushed the Charr out of their lands first, as I've mentioned like 10x in this thread. If you don't understand Charr as a playable race lore wise, you shouldn't understand humans either.. since they technically started it.
    Imho it's all an evil plot engineered by the Asura to let the bookah kill themselves, so they dont have to get their hands dirty :/ /tinfoilhat

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. That's exactly what the Sylvari are. They're not stereotypical. They're frickin' plant-people, and only 25 years old as a race. They're not as original as Arena Net would like to think (I'm sure people have done dryads in a similar concept before), but they're certainly not stereotypical, and they can easily be considered a completely new race concept - I haven't seen playable plant races THAT common of a thing in the RPG world.
    That's more or less the same subject I was complaining about in the Asura punting thread.
    People need to drop their Wow concepts and stereotypes and stop applying them to GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's more or less the same subject I was complaining about in the Asura punting thread.
    People need to drop their Wow concepts and stereotypes and stop applying them to GW2.
    Fully agree. Asura are not gnomes. If anything they're closest to goblins, but even then.... they're not goblins. Goblins are idiots who come up with machines by purely explosive luck.

I still thank the stars that Asura are nothing like Moogles. Moogles are fun and all, but they're over-cute. Asura is a midget-race that I can take seriously.

10+ Year Old Account

Do me a favour, Sylvari are nothing like Night Elves O.o

A sylvari's Bottom

NE

On a side note, searching google images for Night Elves with safe search off , is quite disturbing O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sad to see how many people dislike Charrs, and how little people dislike Sylvari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    On a side note, searching google images for Night Elves with safe search off , is quite disturbing O.o
    Disturbing, or exciting? :O!

In all seriousness, searching with safe search off for any topic gets disturbing.

Disturbing, or exciting? :O!

In all seriousness, searching with safe search off for any topic gets disturbing.
    Googling is only fun when Safesearch is turned off.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

you spelled asura wrong on the poll. its not azura. its asura. just a heads up.

Deleted
    (old shit alert)

I really haven't seen anyone who thinks he's smarter then everyone else because he will play asura.
    and if someone did say that I assume it's just a joke.

I dunno about "hate" but least favourite is Charr, but I don't hate them per se, and especially do not dislike the people that play them.

Prefer Asura or Charr. Had alot of fun on Human and Norn but the lore behind the Asura got me sold since the introduction of them in GWEN.

I'd have to say my least favorite would be charr and a close second would be asura. Even though I will admit that the golem things the asura have are pretty cool.