Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    I think 30k is average if you don't play AH and just get gold from quest/dungeons/raids.
    I'd say around 100k, if you just run dungeons.

Edit: Just checked, my current cashflow has been on average, 2k+ a day these last two weeks, not farming nor selling anything but enchanting mats from dungeons and raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    38k myself but, that's after spending 12-13k on a Mechanohog (account-wide FTW). It's the most I've ever had but, leveling all my alts helped a lot, as 80-85 easily nets ~5k in quest gold/rewards.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

90k on Alliance and 120k on Horde side, playing Horde for MoP. I was worried I didn't have enough, but I play on Kil'jaeden and there is a lot of high rollers there.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never had more than ~10k on one character at a time, and I am usually floating between mid hundreds to 5k.
    I don't really see much point in getting more, I am pretty comfortable in my poverty :P

How can people have so low gold?
    I never farm or nor do I play AH, I lvling alts like crazy and gearing them up. and still ending at 400k!
    30k is like spend on 1 weeks progress when I spent more gold than I earn from raid...

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the average player has between 5-30k (5000-30000). I currently have 150k, I've sold off all my Cata stuff in preparation for MoP. Granted I could still make more gold by the time it rolls around, but this means I don't have to log on and repost auctions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DWorrall View Post
    People with obscene amounts like 100k+ need to get a life. A casual player can have anywhere from 1k to 30k depending on the amount of time they play. I usually hover around 15k but i've just geared two characters in PvP BoE's for getting into HoT's.
    I barely play, posting once every few days, and have over 500k. It's really not hard to play the AH.

I have about 50k, I would have about 150k but I splashed out with 100k a few months ago. I've never really farmed for gold before, sure I've done a few runs of a certain dungeon for gold (not telling anybody which because the commodity you get is very sensitive to supply reducing price) and I do my truegold transmute some days, but the vast majority of my gold I just got without trying.

Almost every player I've ever been friends with has had >10k, so I'm quite positive the average is exactly that. >10k for sure.

I run with around 400k healthy, mind you we gamble a lot in our guild so its easy to be broke or rich one week after the other
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    How the hell do you get that kind of money?
    I just don't understand, I farm herbs on my druid almost daily and still sitting at 7k

I have over 100k from just buying gems off AH, cutting them, and reposting them. I also buy enchanting mats, make enchants, and post them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people make money. I played the game normally for a couple months, leveled up 3 out of my 4 85s and raided and did everything and never went past 3k. My guild was going to help me get the 397 daggers for my rogue alt but I couldn't afford the 10k at all and they didn't want to help. I would Prospect ores for gems, and cut them or craft/enchant then sell on AH but even that wasn't making me much. But whatever I am just bad at this game. Hope to god MoP brings AH prices down or I won't be able to afford anything, a lot of enchants nowadays I really have to budget for if I don't have it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
    How the hell do you get that kind of money?
    I just don't understand, I farm herbs on my druid almost daily and still sitting at 7k
    Its about doing small things every day over long periods of time. For example, doing something as simple as farming herbs and taking the Volatile Life you gather with the herbs and xmuting them every day into 15 Air during the cata expansion would have earned you 150,000 gold selling at 18g each.

Sell the herbs you gather during this time as well and easily add another 40,000 - 200,000 gold depending on economies. You could do all of this farming a route (like I did) for around 20 mins a day. (I usually farmed a touch over 2 hours at once each week to get enough).

Run a route farming Ore in Twilight Highlands (around 22-25 mins per round using the routes/gather mate add ons) and you get 4-6 stacks per time. At the peak that was 2k or more per hour on most servers. Spend a couple of hours at off peak times and you could prospect those for gems and at times I was making 10k in 2 hours selling the Infero's as raw gems.

There are many more complicated ways by playing the AH that requires much more time/involvement/effort, but some of these are really passive ways to build tons of gold. The easiest way to earn gold with pretty passive efforts in my opinion is through gathering profs and more specifically herb/mining.

I'm sure it's been discussed over the 10 pages ITT; however, can someone educate me as to HOW exactly to "Play the Auction House?" It seems as tho THAT is what makes gold these days, not the efforts of dailies/farming.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

I've never had more than 5k lol ... For me the average is 3.5k ...
    Last edited by javierdsv; 2012-07-11 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    cant belive people are under 100k tbh, i find it very easy to get gold and all i do is dailies =O
    basicly do dailes on all 8 85's (since the priest and warlock is on other servers so it is only 8) and sell all the cloth, ore, herb, skinn u find everyday
    ya cause we have the time to do that.. Honestly you don't need more than a few thousand
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends how many max level characters you have and the amount of time you spend playing alts. Even though I have ten 85s, I only have about 30k between them as I recently bought some mounts, don't really do dailies any more now that I am max rep and can't be bothered playing the AH.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Sitting on 660k. There's at least 3 people I know on Area 52 with millions over several accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    i consider my character broke if (s)he hasn't a 6 number...

You are just not playing the game. Go farm anything for an hour that does not involve dieing and you'll double your ... "fortune".
    really depends on what server you are on.

the most ive ever had was 100k doing something no one else did. now everyone knows about and im on average at 5k gold. have 5 85's that i raid with so i often change gems and since they are insanely expensive on my server i never really have gold.

Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    I would say gold amounts are so varied that it is impossible to come up with an average. It really comes down to what you do in wow and how much time you play.

It takes around 5k gold to fully gem/enchant/reforge a toon. I use that as my standard and try not to go below that. There really isn't any use for gold right now.

omg give your prices please.

on xavius if i buy mats. it will cost me 12-20k to full gem and enchant my chars each.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2012-07-10 at 04:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    cant belive people are under 100k tbh, i find it very easy to get gold and all i do is dailies =O
    basicly do dailes on all 8 85's (since the priest and warlock is on other servers so it is only 8) and sell all the cloth, ore, herb, skinn u find everyday
    I couldn't get myself to do dailys with even more then one character. O_o

I think if you include everyone, then the average is about 60-80k.

I'm currently at 800k