Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Watch the first 12 hours of chat in both starter zones primarily consist of "I'm lagging so hard!"
    "Stupid Anet STILL didn't optimize. My 6 year old laptop is only getting 10 FPS. Freaking Anet."

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    While I plan to keep their starting zones a surprise, I'm definitely doing the starter area for the Sylvari. I mean, who DOESN'T want to see what the Dream is like? (People who don't care about lore excluded, obviously)
    No, NO! don't say that, I'm easily tempted

10+ Year Old Account
    "Stupid Anet STILL didn't optimize. My 6 year old laptop is only getting 10 FPS. Freaking Anet."
    My face and palm met so many times last BWE.

Oh dear God how am I going to resist playing an Asura or Sylvari... This is going to be really hard damn I know I'm going to spend hours on the character creation screen though so that's a big + Bring on the 3rd BWE already!

Deleted
    Me and my bf got key, I want asura he wants sylvari... nice nice =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a beta key from Curse, will spend the last (first for me) beta to play an Asura Necromancer, and race/profession combination I will not try upon release, with the purpose of simply trying the game Asura is my least favorite race, and I will not make a Necromancer when it goes live, at least not at first. Looking forward to July 20th!

I watched a video of the starting asura zone, got to admit I might change my opinion on which race I dislike the most as the asura have a cheeky charm to them. They look to have some amusing characters you meet.

Deleted
    I'm not even going to bother resisting. I'm going Asura all-out. And I'll be savoring every - last - moment.

I didn't see much of that, but, of what I did see, my favorite was a comment that, I hope, was a joke saying they'd played Vanilla WoW just fine and couldn't understand why GW2 was lagging so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, at the very least, I'm going to make Sylvari and Asura characters and experience maybe the first handful of personal story cinematics, so I can get a good feel for what kind of appearance I want to go for in the live release. I made two different Charr characters, one in each BWE, and in the end wasn't entirely happy with either one - if it wasn't the jaw option for one, it was the horn option for the other. Experienced the same thing with every race, so I've gotta put a little more effort to cultivate my character's appearance.

And even then, I'm crossing my fingers that the live release will have significantly more appearance customization options, to the point that I'll still have to waste time cultivating the perfect look.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I hate the afro option on asura so much arggh

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder: We're likely to get another free 2k gems. You can use it to buy extra character slots and mess around with character appearance if you desire, rather than constantly deleting characters from the same slots and having less "real" characters to play in the beta.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    And what do YOU have against afros? >_>

I'm watching you.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 11:12 AM ----------

Reminder: We're likely to get another free 2k gems. You can use it to buy extra character slots and mess around with character appearance if you desire, rather than constantly deleting characters from the same slots and having less "real" characters to play in the beta.
    how many slots we normally get on the beta? 5?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I don't like it either. They could've made a bushy hairstyle without making it completely round like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yus, 5. I ended up buying a 6th to mess around, but that was only 800 gems. So you could buy a second easily. I think I'd end up with 8 if I bought two more with the next set of free gems.

I think people were also using their free gems to get gold instead of using the cash shop stuff, so it might be you could use in-game currency to get more gems if you really wanted.

Yus, 5. I ended up buying a 6th to mess around, but that was only 800 gems. So you could buy a second easily. I think I'd end up with 8 if I bought two more with the next set of free gems.

I think people were also using their free gems to get gold instead of using the cash shop stuff, so it might be you could use in-game currency to get more gems if you really wanted.
    I had already used my gems when I decided I wanted a character slot, so I bought gems. Since everyone got a bunch of free gems and was getting rid of them, it was very cheap for 800 gems. Like 30s cheap, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Honestly I'm starting to think we are going to see some hairstyles in the shop. Asura barley have any and there is a few sylvari styles that I didn't see in the creation video that were amazing.
    If there was hair on ingame NPCs that wasn't on the list, the list was probably just incomplete. If what you said was the case, we would also be seeing human/norn/charr hairstyles on NPCs that weren't on the list as well.

That being said, I wouldn't be overly surprised if hair appeared in the cash shop eventually. Just not with the evidence given, as the evidence given seems flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird that they haven't seem to have updated Asura and Sylvari hair and face options since the GamesCom demo last August. I expect a lot of complaints on the official forum if the BWE3 build is the same.

I'm not sure I get what some people mean by resisting temptation so as not to spoil surprises. Playing with the asura for a few hours will not spoil your long term play time with them. Same with the Sylvari. Either way you look at it, you will only experience their starting areas for the first time...well...ONE TIME. So either way, if you do it now or wait you will get the same giddy excited feeling. Owell, to each their own of course

Quote Originally Posted by AnnoDomini View Post
    I'm not sure I get what some people mean by resisting temptation so as not to spoil surprises. Playing with the asura for a few hours will not spoil your long term play time with them. Same with the Sylvari. Either way you look at it, you will only experience their starting areas for the first time...well...ONE TIME. So either way, if you do it now or wait you will get the same giddy excited feeling. Owell, to each their own of course
    I don't like starting a story and not continuing it for over a month, so I can see where they're coming from. xD