Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I never understood why companies didn't offer 7 days trials right from the start. They would only be winning at that point unless devs (and I'm sure they are ALL guilty of it) rely on people making bad decisions based off nothing more than hype, screenshots, etc. Obviously the person still has to buy the box/digital download, so they aren't "losing" money at any point outside of the said above buyers.
    Box sales.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    No PvP acess
    Can't join groups
    No tradeing
    basicly it's World of Warcraft Trial.
    That makes sense. I wish they would allow PvP though.

So I waited for a long time to try out SWTOR, but now I can't make a free trial account? It keeps saying "Create SWTOR password: field is required." even when I enter one

Tried it both in Firefox and IE, on 2 different machines... what gives?

EDIT: Found it eventually on a dutch forum. Your pass needs at leats 1 capital letter, 1 small letter and 1 number..... nice of them to mention specific requirements, hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by Ruud; 2012-07-11 at 09:59 AM.

Hit submit anyway. A friend had that problem. Once your PW meets the requirements it'll go through.

Deleted
    Hmm, I tried logging in but it says I don't have an active subscription. Which is true ofcourse.

Do I need to do something in order to be able to play during the free week?

Quote Originally Posted by Meduvs View Post
    Hmm, I tried logging in but it says I don't have an active subscription. Which is true ofcourse.

Do I need to do something in order to be able to play during the free week?
    If you are an ex subscriber there are requirements you have to meet to get the free week.

If you are new player, make an account and you should have access to the first 15 level.s
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I basically decided today that I won't be paying any monthly fees for MMO's any more. I don't mind them charging for expansions and for the game up front (GW2 model). But this whole milk the client for every cent type of model is crazy. Especially because they still charge you for the expansions. I will try out SWTOR to see what it's like but definitely not go the full route.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I basically decided today that I won't be paying any monthly fees for MMO's any more. I don't mind them charging for expansions and for the game up front (GW2 model). But this whole milk the client for every cent type of model is crazy. Especially because they still charge you for the expansions. I will try out SWTOR to see what it's like but definitely not go the full route.
    While it is likely, we don't really know if they will actually end up charging for expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    It really is a massive client. IIRC, a lot of that was due to the voice acting, but I could be wrong. I really wish that it wasn't so big as that can be a brick wall to some wanting to get in to the game. The only positive when compared to before is that the downloading of the game doesn't cut in to your free weekend or seven day friends trial anymore.
    This has always been a very very very silly point to me. Have people actually checked to see how big their WoW download is? Before Dragon Soul my WoW was sitting around 20G. SWTOR is not that much larger.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    This has always been a very very very silly point to me. Have people actually checked to see how big their WoW download is? Before Dragon Soul my WoW was sitting around 20G. SWTOR is not that much larger.
    In do understand that, but there are a couple of differences that give the WoW client the edge:

1. The initial download is smaller - While it certainly ends up being large in the end, the initial download of the client isn't nearly as large as TOR.
    2. Streaming client - People are able to play areas of the game prior to full download. I never even bothered with this when I was playing though.
    3. The client has been on systems for a LONG time - People have had their WoW folders sitting on their systems for years. They don't have to think about how large it is anymore while the size of a new client download sticks out like a sore thumb.

The size of the TOR client has never been an issue for me personally. I have just seen that issue brought up on more than a few ocassions.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case no one else has mentioned this yet, I got an email yesterday saying they are giving a free week for past subscribers. So even if the free to fifteen is now active, you can play your higher level toons for a week.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I would like to try it out, could someone send an invite? Please.
    Just send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerandir View Post
    I would like to try it out, could someone send an invite? Please.
    Just send me a PM.
    You don't need an invite. You can just go play it!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You don't need an invite. You can just go play it!
    Shush. I imagine some people are looking for a chance at getting the Zeppelin Chair.

From the FAQ:

If I previously played The Old Republic via the Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial or Weekend Pass Trial, will I be able to participate in the Free Trial?
    Yes, players who have participated in previous trial programs are eligible to participate in the Free Trial. Please note that there is a limit of one Free Trial per account.

The client says otherwise when I log in, with no active subscription message and the play button disabled.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 06:34 AM ----------

Still "no active subscription" message and the play button is disabled.

There is a link in "activate your account" message, follow it to your account management section and press a button there.