Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    It's some really fucked up algorithm which gives the least successful teams over the last decade the higher picks. It includes playoff births, first overall picks, Finals reached, Stanley cups won. Whoever has the lowest amount of "points" is considered the lowest. 1 for playoffs, 2 for playoff win, 2 for first overall, 3 division win, 4 for finals and 5 for Cup win.

Detroit would be dead last with an astounding 78 points. First overall would be CLB with 3 points, Florida has 4 points and Isles have 5.
    You would think the Leafs would be #1 since they haven't been in the playoffs in almost a decade now. I guess they would be 6th or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You would think the Leafs would be #1 since they haven't been in the playoffs in almost a decade now. I guess they would be 6th or so.
    Toronto has 9 points due to 3 seasons before the lockout. I think they're 4th ahead of Minnesota. Minn also has 9 points, but due to Toronto's longer playoff drought they'd be bumped.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-07-07 at 10:54 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's some really fucked up algorithm which gives the least successful teams over the last decade the higher picks. It includes playoff births, first overall picks, Finals reached, Stanley cups won. Whoever has the lowest amount of "points" is considered the lowest. 1 for playoffs, 2 for playoff win, 2 for first overall, 3 division win, 4 for finals and 5 for Cup win.

Detroit would be dead last with an astounding 78 points. First overall would be CLB with 3 points, Florida has 4 points and Isles have 5.
    That is an amazing formula lol. Poor Columbus. Poor, poor Columbus. How the hell did they get to 3 points? Assuming you get 1 for the playoffs, shouldn't they have only one point? They made the playoffs once and got swept.

Edit: NM "first overall" mean the #1 pick, not #1 in the Western Conference standings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That is an amazing formula lol. Poor Columbus. Poor, poor Columbus. How the hell did they get to 3 points? Assuming you get 1 for the playoffs, shouldn't they have only one point? They made the playoffs once and got swept.

Edit: NM "first overall" mean the #1 pick, not #1 in the Western Conference standings.
    Shows the difference between CLB and Detroit. Considering Detroit has been 26 times more successful over the last 10 years.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a dumb bitch, trying to save face by talking about how much their family loves hockey. Why did she even bother putting any of that in when she just looks like a whiny runt at the end of it all. This is Canada, backyard rinks are the shit and if you think they're an eye soar you should probably not be living here. I don't care that its 4500 square feet, it is what it is.

“We have a dry creek bed at the edge of the property and we want to plant a forest,” she says. “But it is going to take at least 10 years for those trees to mature, so that means 10 more years of looking at that [rink].”

What is a fence.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-09 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that guy has some douche bag neighbors,
    I wonder when Lou is gonna get traded.

I wonder when ANYTHING is going to happen.. it's been a few days now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I wonder when ANYTHING is going to happen.. it's been a few days now.
    The Doan piece will likely start to fall tomorrow when Glendale either gets the signatures to kill the team or they don't and they refuse to allow the deadline to actually be the 16th and close the matter (which will lead to a lawsuit I'm sure). They will then have to contend with the already filed sales tax signatures that want that part of the deal to die.

God knows about Semin. Rumor is he has a 3 year $30 million deal on the table from CSKA in the KHL, but he would prefer to play in the NHL. Teams are only going to pay him half that so who knows if he leaves. I haven't read about him having actually met with anyone or there having been any movement either way with him.

Howson is reportedly "going down the list" on the Nash trade destination list and evaluating what options they are offering. It could be Christmas before that is done. Ryan's deal might not happen until after the Nash deal is finally done assuming Anaheim is dumb enough to move him.

Haven't heard anything at all about Huselius, Winnik, Colaiacovo, Kostitsyn or any of the other decent UFAs so who knows. Rumor has it some GMs may be holding until after the CBA. If a deal does get done this year, rumor has it they may also just extend the current deal one season, some GMs expect there to be a fairly hefty reduction in the salary cap which will result in teams having to shed contracts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    that guy has some douche bag neighbors,
    I wonder when Lou is gonna get traded.

probably some old nut who hates kids... someone forgot to mention crime is the biggest eye sore on property value

15+ Year Old Account
    Puck Daddy has another entry from their anonymous NHL player today about the NHL./NHLPA CBA negotiations. These articles are always a great read about the inside of the NHL: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3225--nhl.html

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I wonder who Puck Daddy is...
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently those guys in Glendale didn't file a petition yesterday with the required number of signatures so it looks like Glendale is going to move forward with the lease agreement as of now. Can't wait to see what happens when they file the petition prior to the 16th, the date they argue it should be due, and then end up suing the city about it. Now Glendale just needs to actually find the money to pay for the lease agreement since their sales tax plan is going to be a ballot issue in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400350

apparently nash isn't going to any canadian teams.. which is fine 7.8 million for no more then 79 points in a season. i wouldnt give up anything up for 7.8million player with the cba up in the air
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-07-11 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the great line mates of "Who?" and "He hasn't retired?", Of course Nash is gonna have dick all for points.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thing about every team on Nash's list is not a single one of them is a stupidly ran franchise, outside of the Rangers who hand out bad contracts like candy but even they won't part with 15 prospects. Good luck Howson trying to get your ridiculous demands out of any of those teams. Might as well scratch off the Bruins unless the salary cap magically goes way up in the new CBA and not down as expected. The Flyers are idiots for continuing to not focus on defense. Same for the Pens really although they need to replace Staal which is going to look like a huge loss if they don't get someone. Rangers, Wings, and Sharks are all attractive options and I guess it just comes down to who gets closer to giving Howson the truckload of stuff he wants.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Considering the great line mates of "Who?" and "He hasn't retired?", Of course Nash is gonna have dick all for points.
    Irony, have you had donairs before? Lets get donairs and make fun of the CBJs, Gary Bettman, and Canucks fans.

Also, after reading the Puck Daddy article a couple times, I have compiled a short suspicion list based on how knowledgeable/literate the mystery man might be.

- Shane Doan
    - George Parros
    - Chris Higgins
    - Dominic Moore
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Irony, have you had donairs before? Lets get donairs and make fun of the CBJs, Gary Bettman, and Canucks fans.

Also, after reading the Puck Daddy article a couple times, I have compiled a short suspicion list based on how knowledgeable/literate the mystery man might be.

- Shane Doan
    - George Parros
    - Chris Higgins
    - Dominic Moore
    Craig Adams and Joffery Lupul are always suspects as well. Adams went to Harvard and Lupul is one of the big pro-gay guys in the NHL and in the past there have been statements about how open the NHL players would be to having homosexual players in the locker room and most of them know or have played with such in the past without issue.

Its always shocking how bright of a dude Parros is. With the way he looks and the way he plays you'd think he would be the type of guy who would be sitting on a porch with a shotgun pounding beer 24/7 when not playing.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-11 at 01:14 PM.

Since there's a slump...

One of the greatest goals, in my opinion.

Also note the puck shading. Good times. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Also note the puck shading. Good times. :P
    Good lord I didn't realize that goal was so old it came in the glow puck era. The NHL has done some dumb things in its time but that was up there. I will never understand how casual viewers could possibly have such a hard time following the puck that the NHL even considered that as an option. Thankfully we have high def tv now so you need to be blind to not see the puck.

As for my favorite goal it is right there between the McCarty Cup winner against the Flyers and:

I am going to seriously have to unfollow every single person on Twitter associated with ESPN. These constant retweets of their supporting cancer stuff and peoples cancer stories are killing my ability to follow up to the second posts about free agent deals in the NHL and NBA.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 01:09 PM ----------

Ken Holland is holding his press conference to announce the alumni game line ups for the Winter Classic. Apparently the Leafs and Wings have so many good alumni and guys interested in playing in the game that there are going to be two alumni games this year. Right now, McCarty, Draper, Kocur, and Maltby will all be playing on a line for Detroit. Dino was at the presser along with Lindsay and Alex Delvecchio were also at the presser for the Wings. Wendel Clark, Jim McKenny, and Kevin Maguire were there for the Leafs. Oh ya and Scotty is going to coach the alumni team.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 01:28 PM ----------

The announced alumni for the Maple Leafs include: Darryl Sittler, Rick Vaive, Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour, Dave Andreychuk, Darcy Tucker, Kevin Maguire, Mike Palmateer, Curtis Joseph and Felix Potvin.

The announced alumni for the Red Wings, coached by Scotty Bowman: Gordie Howe (yep ... perhaps in a ceremonial role), Mickey Redmond, John Ogrodnick, Luc Robitaille, Dino Ciccarelli, Chris Chelios, Darren McCarty, Joey Kocur, Chris Osgood, Mike Vernon, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Ted Lindsay, Alex Delvecchio, Mark Howe, Larry Murphy.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-11 at 05:10 PM.