Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should be given the power to dispense Internet Justice!

Be that as it may, I respect the job the Mods do on MMO Champ. It really is impressive how tight a ship they maintain!
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Surely they can give this to just about anyone on MMO, afterall all you need to do is Lock Threads and Ban People, my cat can do that, give the positiion to him! He'll show you!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-07-07 at 05:26 PM.

Sadly i end up lurking in most forums and only replying with helpful stuff instead of pointless banter/arguements.

I guess I would fit more with Blizzard posting and moderation of their forums :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh..last place I was a mod/super mod it took up so much of my spare time, so I think I'll pass.
    Good luck teaching the new recruits how to wield the banhammer.
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    I'm a very overzealous douchenugget and often show favouritism.

I'd make a great moderator on these forums :-D
    You would fit right in with Synthaxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedWoW View Post
    You would fit right in with Synthaxx.
    Let's not; "mod recruitment" isn't the place to single out and complain about mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    Ugh..last place I was a mod/super mod it took up so much of my spare time, so I think I'll pass.
    Good luck teaching the new recruits how to wield the banhammer.
    Its not hard. You go by previous records of infractions and only instaban if they are way out of bounds on breaking rules. Then there are the golden rules that should never be broken.

I wanted to apply, but i dont have enough posts to do so So much for only post if i can contribute to the discussions and not create "spam" posts / replyes

Oh well good luck for those that apply my chance might come in later

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should probably consider making the post limit for applying different for certain forums. Especially at the end of the expansion, there simply aren't enough threads on many class forums for anyone posting reasonably to reach 100 in the last 90 days without posting aimlessly.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    I think you should probably consider making the post limit for applying different for certain forums. Especially at the end of the expansion, there simply aren't enough threads on many class forums for anyone posting reasonably to reach 100 in the last 90 days without posting aimlessly.
    I wondered about this myself, how anyone is able to meet the posting requirements for class forums. Although I don't have any desire to moderate them myself, I read the Rogue and Shaman class forum almost every day and can definitely agree with this. The volume of new posts is relatively small, and even then a lot of them are the same kinds of topics over and over and don't really warrant new responses. It seems really hard to get a large volume of posts in those, especially lately.

I ended up applying to the Mists forum afterall, although I'm not sure how much longer that one will keep existing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    I have to agree. Is there really a need to have 100+ post on anything. Most of those will be useless short sentences that end up just being a +1 to post count. What you really need is people who read more than they just post on the forums. I am sure there are better ways of seeing someones activity on this forum besides a post count.

I guess its like really do we have to post a reply to a forum that much? Are we really contributing by doing so when realistically we are just in an arguement/just saying I agree with poster number 17. Shouldn't a moderator be more based on reading the forums instead of getting that post count up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I have to agree. Is there really a need to have 100+ post on anything. Most of those will be useless short sentences that end up just being a +1 to post count. What you really need is people who read more than they just post on the forums. I am sure there are better ways of seeing someones activity on this forum besides a post count.

I guess its like really do we have to post a reply to a forum that much? Are we really contributing by doing so when realistically we are just in an arguement/just saying I agree with poster number 17. Shouldn't a moderator be more based on reading the forums instead of getting that post count up?
    Specially the paladin forum - there's just nothing going on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    On most forums it is pretty easy to hit the 100 post count for 90 days, since that's about one post a day. Just getting enthusiastically involved in one large thread can give you a "week" worth of posts. It's just the inactive forums that it can be a struggle on since you're lucky if they give you one thread a day even worth replying to.

/posts way too much

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If your post history is "I agree", then your chances of getting picked is probably slim.

I'd apply, but I think I'm too young to be considered, and I've spent most of my time in the Guild Wars 2 forum lately, so that's the only place I can currently apply for. I also HATE summaries, I could stare at that for 1 hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I want chicken, I want liver, meow mix, meow mix, please deliver."

10+ Year Old Account

It's not hard. Look at my post count, and I joined in 2011. Post a few times a day in a forum and pretty quickly you find yourself at 100, 200, even 300 posts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sad. I generally only try to be helpful when I post, so every time mod recruitment comes around I never have the post count to apply.

Nevermind my woes, good luck to those who are able to apply"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that it's difficult to post 100 times in 90 days. It's pretty easy to do that. It's that posting 100 times in 90 days on an inactive forum doesn't really validate anything except bordem and a desire to post as much as possible to reach a number that is satisfactory for becoming a forum moderator.

If I had to guess, that would limit the priest forums to 1 or 2 candidates. Maybe... it could be 0. I don't see how anyone could have posted 100 times between now and May 11th. Nothing has happened!
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    So, you're recruiting volunteers basically...

One would think, with the popularity of this site and your buyout by Curse.com, you'd be able to compensate people in some form. Why would anyone do this for free when you are making money off of this website?

Correct me if I'm wrong.