View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    There's one problem with that second to last sentance. Casual players make up the majority of the WoW player base. They are the one's that shoulder the bulk of the burden, and Diablo has exactly nothing to do with this conversation. We're talking about the release date of MoP, a conversation that the player base of Diablo has jack all to do with.
    I take it that you have no rebuttal for my conclusions regarding Xfire?

I know it was quite a few pages back and was tangential to the thread itself, but it was in regards to people considering D3 and MoP beta to be the filler content that is absent during the year between when 4.3 went live and when MoP will go live.

So does the new RAF mount coming on 7/17 suggest anything about a MoP release announcement? Maybe they plan to announce next Monday, and conveniently point to the Obsidian Nightwing as a way to get people to sub and get ready for Mists. It would fit with a Sept. 18 release date.

My guess is if we see the PTR this weekend, next week is looking good for a release date announcement. Of course, they probably have to push a new beta build first so that the latest class changes are applied to the PTR. It's been two weeks since the last build; I'm hoping today is the day - especially since raid testing is on hold until they can get a new build up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Now the difficulty change has come, what now`?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Now the difficulty change has come, what now`?
    Now imo everything points to mid october sadly....16th august release announcement and 35 nerf...1 more month of ds takes us to 15th september...then 2/3 weeks of 5.1...I HOPE TO BE WRONG

august 16th: cinematic
    august 21th: 5.0 with 35% nerf
    ~september 4th: mop

^pure guessing, hope its about right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post

This is what I am hoping for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    Now imo everything points to mid october sadly....16th august release announcement and 35 nerf...1 more month of ds takes us to 15th september...then 2/3 weeks of 5.1...I HOPE TO BE WRONG
    What's pointing to mid october...? August 16th is just a cinematic not a release date announcement. There is more evidence to support early launch than a mid October.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post

No more then 19 days from announcement to launch? (If you mean that they will announce release date with cinematic.)

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhh I'd love to see 5.0 with the 35% nerf. Would get my casual raiders to actually log on and I could enjoy a full guild raid again.

No more then 19 days from announcement to launch? (If you mean that they will announce release date with cinematic.)
    Announcement will be in the next couple of weeks, maybe around the time 5.0 PTR starts.

Deleted
    Cinematic will be released way later than the release date announcement. At least it has been in the past, and as the date for the cinematic is pretty late, I guess it will be the case this time too.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Yet some minority grps actually think cata is the best xpac, in BC sub numbers never dipped and kept climbing well over 11mil before WOTLK hit.
    BC was entertaining until WOTLK came out, well for me anyways, My sub ran out in december when I saw what garbage patch 4.3 was, if I knew it was going to be that bad I would of quit long before.

People are mainly subbed out of habit and for the social aspect I doubt anyone is subbed because the game is better then what it was in the past.
    I'm only subbed because I said to myself "I'm going to buy D3 anyway, and there is no way Cata content is going to be strung on for a year, so I'll save $60 by signing the annual pass."

Looks like the jokes on me, D3 has long since been uninstalled, and if I could have unsubbed 2 months ago, I would have, meaning I paid more than I should have. Looks like their tactic worked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    What's pointing to mid october...? August 16th is just a cinematic not a release date announcement. There is more evidence to support early launch than a mid October.
    HOPE your right man...:-)

My guess is that we will have:

8/16 Cinematic with release date in it (may have a press release week first week of August announcing it)
    8/28 The new novel gets released
    9/4 5.0 Patch
    9/18 5.01 Patch (Official Release)

This puts everything in order from Blizzard side and still gets the game release in time for Brewfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunndykol View Post
    My guess is that we will have:

8/16 Cinematic with release date in it (may have a press release week first week of August announcing it)
    8/28 The new novel gets released
    9/4 5.0 Patch
    9/18 5.01 Patch (Official Release)

This puts everything in order from Blizzard side and still gets the game release in time for Brewfest.
    Forgetting Wal-Mart's and other retailer's 60 day requirement lead time on new products. A press release first week of August would NOT fit the 60 days.

To make a 9/18 release, they would HAVE to press release a release date no later than July 20th (60 days from 9/18)

Tomorrow would be the deadline for a 9/11 release. Now they COULD release on 9/13 and that would push to Monday possibly for an announcement. <shrug> We'll see... time will tell. I'm just dropping hints to everyone.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Forgetting Wal-Mart's and other retailer's 60 day requirement lead time on new products. A press release first week of August would NOT fit the 60 days.

To make a 9/18 release, they would HAVE to press release a release date no later than July 20th (60 days from 9/18)

Tomorrow would be the deadline for a 9/11 release. Now they COULD release on 9/13 and that would push to Monday possibly for an announcement. <shrug> We'll see... time will tell. I'm just dropping hints to everyone.
    Bristae, we all know you know the date, tell us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bristae, we all know you know the date, tell us!
    But dropping seeds of discussion is too much of good thing though. More people need to think things though. The answer is truly in front of us all. When it's announced EVERYONE will be like HOLY CRAP! REALLY?! I'm trying to get people to look at everything and anything and stop focusing on the old boring stuff, and yes I'll admit, I may have pointed to some "misinformation" hoping for someone to be good enough to catch me on it and some have been. Tip of the Hat. It's all part of the game.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):

Deleted
    But dropping seeds of discussion is too much of good thing though. More people need to think things though. The answer is truly in front of us all. When it's announced EVERYONE will be like HOLY CRAP! REALLY?! I'm trying to get people to look at everything and anything and stop focusing on the old boring stuff, and yes I'll admit, I may have pointed to some "misinformation" hoping for someone to be good enough to catch me on it and some have been. Tip of the Hat. It's all part of the game.
    Lol i've just read all your posts trying to figure out thbe possible release...didn't make it..:P
    I was in the early september grp, but i am becoming pessimistic because Bilzz just does not announce anything!!!!!

This is an amazing thread. It was created long enough ago that there were still people who were crazy enough to think the game would be released in the summer.