Necrolyte - good for training last hitting? Maybe if you're a masochist =p

Might be better to start with SF or BS because they have the same last hit mechanics built in but you won't get auto-beaten by 90% of the heroes out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Might be better to start with SF or BS because they have the same last hit mechanics built in but you won't get auto-beaten by 90% of the heroes out there.
    Was trying to come up with a ranged/INT class for him to be able to play right away, but yeah... SF and BS are much easier and have the same mechanics. They're just hard carries :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 06:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Force Staff is such a strong item. I played a game as Obsidian Destroyer earlier tonight, and damn. Every game I use it it gets closer and closer to being the most fun item to have. Able to force staff allies during a chase, force staff out of danger, so many possibilities.
    I was able to 3v1 as OD just now against Anti mage, storm spirit, and Beastmaster, granted, they were shitty, but still.
    Force staffed AM away after he blinked, killed him in a few shots, 2 others showed up, prisoned brew and ulted, raped the other two. So fun.

Edit: how do you take those screenshots of the post-game stats just showing the stats? Do people just crop the rest out?
    Cropping as far as I'm aware.

And yeah, Force Staff is mega OP for its cost. Either needs to go up in cost or they need to apply the same principle to it that they applied to blink dagger.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Well, once you do rank up Q you just gotta press it once or twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Hey guys. I am looking for a dota 2 beta key. Really want to try out the game with so many ppl praising it and it has really attracted me because of lack of a single meta game. Can anyone provide me with a beta key. Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    I don't have one but if you're like super desperate to get in you can buy one here. The usual rate is 2 treasure keys (about 4 EUR total) per invite.

As for new players, DO NOT start out with Necrolyte, as stated above, i have alot of experience with the hero, and hes nowhere near being an easy hero. He might have two passive spells and two nuking spells, but whats important is, that hes bad at supporting, and the team is supposed to be build around him, he needs farm to be effective, also his attack animation is incredible bad, and one of the most important things about this hero, positioning, he needs to stand in the middle of a teamfight and spam that q spell, and execute either the tankiest hero, or their carry with his ult.

Thanks a ton for the information. I've got a good starting point, and I think I'm going to start practicing with Ursa, since jungling appeals to me. I really appreciate it, everyone, and hopefully I don't suck too terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    What is a general comp in a match, like carry/tank/bruiser/etc and what strategies can you apply during a match? Can you make comebacks even if you are trailing from like 0-20 kills in a match or have less gold then the enemy team?
    Yes, it actually is possible to recover from a 0-20 game. It's not an everyday occurance, but for instance, yesterday, I played horrible with Rubick (our entire team played horrible). We were behind 4-18; but we won 42-45 anyway since we were able to extend the game to a point where we had the endgame advantage with 2.5 carry vs 1 carry.

Force Staff is such a strong item. I played a game as Obsidian Destroyer earlier tonight, and damn. Every game I use it it gets closer and closer to being the most fun item to have. Able to force staff allies during a chase, force staff out of danger, so many possibilities.
    I was able to 3v1 as OD just now against Anti mage, storm spirit, and Beastmaster, granted, they were shitty, but still.
    Force staffed AM away after he blinked, killed him in a few shots, 2 others showed up, prisoned brew and ulted, raped the other two. So fun.

Edit: how do you take those screenshots of the post-game stats just showing the stats? Do people just crop the rest out?
    Exactly so. Force staff is so incredibly powerful on many heroes, but especially on heroes like OD.

Bad joke incoming: More like a sadist. (ba-dum-tish)

10+ Year Old Account
    guys the "Dota invite" for 29 euro on the dota2 store. Do you get the whole game from that or just the beta?
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    guys the "Dota invite" for 29 euro on the dota2 store. Do you get the whole game from that or just the beta?
    The game will be F2P, so, the whole game.
    If you don't want the items I'd advise just getting one here.(Make sure that it's the kind of invite you can trade through the steam trade interface, anything else is most likely a scam)

I believe something like 85 out of 110 or so are in the game, will probably not actually release until all are in, then I assume they will continue to add heroes.
    Getting into the game just takes play time. Practice makes perfect. There are bots you can play with, but they are pretty crappy and act nothing like humans would, so I don't like them. Just like in LoL, i'd presume, people will give you crap for being new, but everyone was new once.
    Most teams in pubs should run with 2 support heroes, an initiator hero, a hard carry and an off carry/strong ganking hero.
    Comebacks are pretty hard to make from being down 20 kills, but I've made comebacks being down ~10. Good teamfights can change games as long as you CC or focus the threats on their team/pick 1-2 of them off before a good push, forcing a teamfight.
    I wish I had a key to give you, man, but I got mine from a buddy. The DotA2 store sells them, but they are $40 USD or something ridiculous like that. Hopefully someone in this thread has an extra.
    Thanks for the reply. I will try to get a key from someone. $40 is just too much for me right now :/ and that just for beta.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I don't have one but if you're like super desperate to get in you can buy one here. The usual rate is 2 treasure keys (about 4 EUR total) per invite.
    Thanks. I will try to get one if it's 4 Euro.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    Yes, it actually is possible to recover from a 0-20 game. It's not an everyday occurance, but for instance, yesterday, I played horrible with Rubick (our entire team played horrible). We were behind 4-18; but we won 42-45 anyway since we were able to extend the game to a point where we had the endgame advantage with 2.5 carry vs 1 carry.
    Sounds nice. That's huge comeback tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Well, once you do rank up Q you just gotta press it once or twice...
    it will never give you the mana it spends if you spam. You need to last hit with it.

Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    Yes, it actually is possible to recover from a 0-20 game.
    you can come back only if enemy team let you with that score. It's impossible to win if they push. I've seen such games as well but that's not because we had "chance" it's because they started to farm instead of push.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-12 at 11:31 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    it will never give you the mana it spends if you spam. You need to last hit with it.

you can come back only if enemy team let you with that score. It's impossible to win if they push. I've seen such games as well but that's not because we had "chance" it's because they started to farm instead of push.
    Yeah, the other team has to be cocky or bad and continue to farm/not push. If they push with that big of an advantage, you should lose outright. But... I've seen some hugely cocky pubs. As PizzaSHARK said a page or two back, his stories about the Ursa trying to 1v5, such like that. People can play really dumb. Lol.

Yeah, the other team has to be cocky or bad and continue to farm/not push. If they push with that big of an advantage, you should lose outright. But... I've seen some hugely cocky pubs. As PizzaSHARK said a page or two back, his stories about the Ursa trying to 1v5, such like that. People can play really dumb. Lol.
    sicen it's pub people don't give a shit...I do it as well when we're dominating I play as I consider to be most fun aka trolling enemy team :>

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    sicen it's pub people don't give a shit...I do it as well when we're dominating I play as I consider to be most fun aka trolling enemy team :>
    Yeah, I do it too. Just sayin. :P

Btw, for people who haven't seen it, I know tons of people who don't even know what this songs about. Me and a couple WoW guildies sit in vent and play DotA to this song, so fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

Yeah, I do it too. Just sayin. :P

Btw, for people who haven't seen it, I know tons of people who don't even know what this songs about. Me and a couple WoW guildies sit in vent and play DotA to this song, so fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

hahaha I know this song from Tobi's stream :>

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos Knight + Witch Doctor is a stupidly good lane. For some reason the other team used Luna and PA on the same lane, and they got utterly smashed. Not much you can do about Chaos bolt into a chain stun with maledict and reality rift as soon as they start to run...

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 07:53 PM ----------

Well Lanaya is in, should be fun.

i fuckin love playing at night
    picks:brewmaster>drow>kunnka>jugg
    obvious last pick

sniper ;_;

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst game I think I've ever played. Tidehunter that was playing his first game ever, wouldn't listen to advice, bitched that LoL was better, Pudge couldn't hit hooks, I kept making dumb plays trying to save them, etc. We were down by like 2-11 by 15 minutes. 44-11 at 30 mins and they wouldn't end. They need to add a concede button.

and another round of retarded russians

awesome <3

Lanaya out, so any strategies on how to manage the traps thing?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst game I think I've ever played. Tidehunter that was playing his first game ever, wouldn't listen to advice, bitched that LoL was better, Pudge couldn't hit hooks, I kept making dumb plays trying to save them, etc. We were down by like 2-11 by 15 minutes. 44-11 at 30 mins and they wouldn't end. They need to add a concede button.
    Yeah, I don't get all these people coming from League of Losers and expecting DotA to be as easy as LoL. It's not a problem when they're like "oh wow this is harder than I thought, help pls", but when they act like they know what they're doing and that the GAME is the problem... jesus christ, I wish they'd just get cancer.

That's when you need to stop away. Cancer isn't a joke and should never be wished upon anyone. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-07-13 at 07:29 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow