Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If they helped kill the monster that drops it then yes they are entitled to what it drops. If at Blizzard's discretion they choose to take out one step of the equation and just give someone else the mats they would have gotten later in the day/week from doing the DE themselves then that is still loot they would have gotten now just a bit quicker than before.
    and as stated, i ded all blues back in the day, because thats what groups did, but greens could be very far and few in between (just like herb/mining nodes) so why should those be added?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    and as stated, i ded all blues back in the day, because thats what groups did, but greens could be very far and few in between (just like herb/mining nodes) so why should those be added?
    They were added because Blizzard chose to. Arguing about it now 3 years after the change is going to solve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Enchanting mats don't drop from instance creatures (except for the few that they do drop from). It isn't a group effort to enchant because the group didn't help the enchanter level their enchanting. Being in a group doesn't give anyone in the group rights to any future usage of items that drop in that group. Disenchanting is a future use.

Disenchanting isn't a group effort.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 11:53 PM ----------

Only a select few monsters drop enchanting mats. Enchanting mats are created from the items the monsters drop but are not dropped from the monsters themselves. Glad you clearly state you agree that group members have no right to enchanting mats though.
    also, this. a thousand f'n times this. just because theres an enchanter in the group, doesnt mean everyone gets the mats. hell there are plenty of groups where there isnt an enchanter, so no one gets anything. just because one shows up here and there, doesnt mean everyone should get what he/she worked so damn hard at to get where they can de the dungeons mats.

its a service to de the stuff. yeah out of respect you de'd the blues, but honestly you don't even have to do that, back in vanilla you did it, because thats what you did. greens was a whole different story.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 03:57 AM ----------

They were added because Blizzard chose to. Arguing about it now 3 years after the change is going to solve nothing.
    i know this. you know this. we all know this.

btw, it takes 2 or more to argue. i'm not just arguing with myself here.

fyi.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have used them and I have one myself. That doesn't change the fact that you still have yet to show me how the other gathering professions, other than skinning, are available in the Cata dungeons and therefor need to be shared between all participants in the group.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=m...v=0:0:0:0;ma=1
    http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=c...v=0:0:0:0;ma=1
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-07-13 at 04:08 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Only a select few monsters drop enchanting mats. Enchanting mats are created from the items the monsters drop but are not dropped from the monsters themselves. Glad you clearly state you agree that group members have no right to enchanting mats though.
    Oh I'm so sorry I wasn't aware you pick apart my post just to try and find something that agreed with your sense of entitlement. From now on I'll be sure and state that group members killed the mob that dropped the green which would eventually be DE'd at no charge from someone other than the groups enchanter so why not take out the middle man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it can never be changed. If you don't want to discuss that is fine. But making silly ultimatums has no constructive purpose.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Agreed, as selfish as it is. Enchanters shouldn't be forced to help a group.

Yes and had you took the time you would notice that 34 of those are not even in dungeons. So that leaves us with 30 mobs that could or could not be in your dungeon depending on which dungeon you get through LFD. When was the last time a piece of gear didn't drop in a dungeon?

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Agreed, as selfish as it is. Enchanters shouldn't be forced to help a group.
    And that group shouldn't be forced to help an enchanter gather their mats when they are perfectly capable of soloing to attain greens and blues to DE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm so sorry I wasn't aware you pick apart my post just to try and find something that agreed with your sense of entitlement. From now on I'll be sure and state that group members killed the mob that dropped the green which would eventually be DE'd at no charge from someone other than the groups enchanter so why not take out the middle man.
    If you make an incorrect statement, then its incorrect. It has nothing to do with picking apart your post. It has nothing to do with my sense of entitlement. Enchanting mats do not drop for the group. They are provided because of the enchanter and not just because you killed a boss. The group has a right to whatever the boss drops, but not a right over anyone's professions or what they can do with items that do drop.

You don't demand a tailors extra cloth bonus to be rolled on. Something that is only obtained with a group effort. This has nothing to do with group effort and has everything to do with the Value and you wanting a part of the value with out having to make the sacrifice of leveling enchanting on that character.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 12:05 AM ----------

And that group shouldn't be forced to help an enchanter gather their mats when they are perfectly capable of soloing to attain greens and blues to DE.
    So now an enchanter has less rights over items in a group because they can turn it into something else? What happened to every one in the group having equal rights to items dropped?

If they helped kill the monster that drops it then yes they are entitled to what it drops. If at Blizzard's discretion they choose to take out one step of the equation and just give someone else the mats they would have gotten later in the day/week from doing the DE themselves then that is still loot they would have gotten now just a bit quicker than before.
    Because everybody has access to an alt or a pocket disenchanter to do all their work for them.

No, fact is, before this, there was much more of a market in doing disenchants for others. Now, not so much. Is it more convenient? Sure. A lot of things can be more convenient, but effectively ruin some other aspect of the game, in this case: the disenchanting market.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    you want stuff de'd, use your guildies, or level up the most tedious and or expensive (dependent on the server) craft in the game.
    I call BS on this, compared to BS/LW/ even engineering enchanting is a cakewalk. You are either required to take a gathering skill or spend ungodly amounts in the ah to even get close to leveling them. Either it's hours of farming materials or 10k+ gold for materials. Have you even looked at what's required to level something like LW (worst imo).

Copied for Wow-professions.com for just Cata level LW
    - 50 Savage Leather Scraps
    - 375 Savage Leather
    - 168 Heavy Savage Leather (840 Savage Leather)
    - 68 Volatile Fire
    - 8 Volatile Air
    - 28 Volatile Water
    - 32 Volatile Earth

Take into account the 1000+ leather. Also the 130 volatiles that LW has no reliable way to farm. Every other crafting profession has similar requirements. Even tailoring requires almost 2k embersilk and 100+ volatiles. Between deing your quest rewards and residuals from de in groups you can level enchanting to max barely interrupting your leveling flow. With the de button enchanting is now arguably the easiest profession to level.

WTF? go from one extreme to the other....

it's either we're forced to DE everything or we're getting everything? What happened to rolling for greens and taking them to get DE'd cause that's still an option.

Because the middle man makes some profit, sometimes. Not everyone has a free enchanter available. Some people will pay for such a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Because the middle man makes some profit, sometimes. Not everyone has a free enchanter available. Some people will pay for such a service.
    Everyone has an enchanter available though. In the form of a friend or the ability to level one. Now they just get to skip the step of using the mail box. Horrible isn't it that Blizzard tries to save everyone some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzaliv View Post
    I call BS on this, compared to BS/LW/ even engineering enchanting is a cakewalk.
    Enchanting is only "cakewalk" to level now thanks to the implementation of the DE roll in dungeons. Prior to that, Enchanters had a virtual monopoly on the mats, and trying to buy them off the AH was obscene. I recall trying to level my mage's enchanting skill prior to the DE-roll implementation, and I believe I literally spent 4k on mats just to make headway. I did not have a level cap toon at the time either, so I couldn't even dream of trying to farm else-ways and mailing of bits to be DE'd. SMH.

I don't mind sharing a DE-roll in a dungeon; half the time I win and get mats. Half the time I might not - but if I get desperate enough for a particular mat I can farm it with a little effort. /shrug

#FlightIsImportant

I really wish more of you PuG'd dungeons back before this was put in. It was common and expected that if an enchanter was present, then said enchanter would take all of the blues/purples, DE them, and then hand them out to whomever rolled the highest 1, 2, 3, 4 rolls.

This is how it worked. This system was put in place to remove the time wasted doing this. It was not to screw over Enchanters or "force" them to do something. It simplified something THEY WERE ALREADY DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

This was also before LFD and any Enchanter who ran off with mats got quickly shunned from the server PUG scene.

Everyone has an enchanter available though. In the form of a friend or the ability to level one. Now they just get to skip the step of using the mail box. Horrible isn't it that Blizzard tries to save everyone some time.
    Yeah, uh, do you think it's perfectly okay for someone to use someone's profession, at no cost, simply because they're too lazy to level it themselves?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzaliv View Post
    Between deing your quest rewards and residuals from de in groups you can level enchanting to max barely interrupting your leveling flow. With the de button enchanting is now arguably the easiest profession to level.
    You don't make enough just from quests to fully level enchanting. Not to mention you lose out on that extra vendor gold which can add up. Quest rewards are soulbound as well so its not like you can just level an alt and send them to help out the enchanter. Also the mats required to level enchanting is comparable to other professions:

460 x Hypnotic Dust
    30 x Lesser Celestial Essence
    75 x Greater Celestial Essence
    5 x [Elixir's of Impossible Accuracy]
    8 x Heavenly Shard
    1 x Elementium Rod
    5 x Maelstrom Crystal

How does a leather worker have no reliable way to farm Volatiles? They are a item that drops regardless of profession. Leather workers do not have their attack skills removed when they learn leather working. If you can get all of those mats with out interrupting (or barely) your leveling flow the kudos to you. It is a lot easier now then at the start because of the flood of mats on the Auction House. But the same is true for every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I really wish more of you PuG'd dungeons back before this was put in. It was common and expected that if an enchanter was present, then said enchanter would take all of the blues/purples, DE them, and then hand them out to whomever rolled the highest 1, 2, 3, 4 rolls.

This is how it worked. This system was put in place to remove the time wasted doing this. It was not to screw over Enchanters or "force" them to do something. It simplified something THEY WERE ALREADY DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

This was also before LFD and any Enchanter who ran off with mats got quickly shunned from the server PUG scene.
    Yeah, but they weren't doing it with the greens.

Speaking as an enchanter myself, I was very happy when the disenchant button was added because I didn't need to roll at the end of the dungeon for shards or send a bunch of greens to my enchanter from my other characters. That button was one of the better quality of life improvements Blizzard added.