Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you'd unsticky this when the guide is still relevant. New stuff isn't out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Not sure why you'd unsticky this when the guide is still relevant. New stuff isn't out yet.
    To urge people that while this is relevant, it won't be for long.

Their gap in the top helps convince people that "new ones would be great to have" and get working on it. If anything, it's an incentive.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what's the point in stickying any guide at all when they're just going to be irrelevant in the future? That logic is dumb.

The patch is about a month away from release. While that is close, that doesn't change the fact that what is currently available is still relevant. People are still going to want to know how to play in the current patch.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2012-07-12 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Hey everyone, just wanted to touch base again. I admit I was a bit saddened to see the guide unstickied so quickly and so early, but it has to happen eventually. In its current form, it will be outdated the day the 5.0 patch hits. Additionally, with my new family I don't have the time I once did to do research and write guides. I haven't installed the beta at all, so whenever the patch hits it will probably be the first time get to see and play with the new changes.

I plan to write a new guide for MoP, which I will publish on howtopriest.com. If it ends up on this site at some point in the future, great. If not, it's fine too. I don't work very fast, and guide-writing is a hobby of mine and not a forced responsibility. I work on it when I feel like it, because I really enjoy playing my priest, and not because I want it posted somewhere at the top of a forum.

I sincerely appreciate all of the feedback I got throughout Cataclysm on the guide. I will try to apply what I've learned to my next one, and try to make it better. I'm glad that some people found it helpful, as that was the goal of writing it.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Glad you will be planning to do one for MoP Kilee.

I need to ask something I have been thinking about for a long time. I know that you should refresh your dots when you get intellect procs etc. But I never see anything being said about SW: P. Mind Flay refreshes it, but how does that work with buffs? Does MF refresh SW: P, so that after I get a intellect proc, my SW: P gets stronger from being refreshed by MF? Or do I need to reapply SW: P manually?

This feels like a really stupid question, but it's been bugging me for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Trevy View Post
    Mind Flay refreshes it, but how does that work with buffs?
    Since cataclysm the dot's damage is recalculated with current buffs on every refresh.

What Kaesebrezen said. Interestingly, in Wrath there was a brief period where you could "stick" shadow word: pain at a certain value, and as long as you kept it up with Mind Flay it would last the entire fight under a higher value. It was pretty fun trying to keep it rolling for the whole fight. (heh)

There's a mod that helped you with it called something like "buff green light" that looked like a traffic signal. It would turn green when all the buffs were up on you and a target. I actually kind of miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    What Kaesebrezen said. Interestingly, in Wrath there was a brief period where you could "stick" shadow word: pain at a certain value, and as long as you kept it up with Mind Flay it would last the entire fight under a higher value. It was pretty fun trying to keep it rolling for the whole fight. (heh)

There's a mod that helped you with it called something like "buff green light" that looked like a traffic signal. It would turn green when all the buffs were up on you and a target. I actually kind of miss those days.
    Phylactery proced?
    Vent: "OMG TRICKS ME QUICK"
    *pot*
    *Applies SW: P*
    Last edited by eErike; 2012-07-13 at 08:05 PM.

I never got that stupid trinket to drop! Farmed 25man till cata release >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I never got that stupid trinket to drop! Farmed 25man till cata release >.>
    Same here!
    * High Five for being awesome!

Damn trinkets...

on another note, what Kilee was talking about is exactly why they made sw:p update on refresh. Apparently Blizz felt it was op or something... grumble grumble...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where??? - Ah, here....

Hi zirgalan, thank you for your question.

You are in holy spec atm, but I can imagine hat you have gloves offset and tier everything else. The best piece of the two you linked is the shoulders. You do not want to use the chest as an off set piece because neither the tier shoulders or gloves have haste on them. You do not want to drop your 4-piece set bonus, even for heroic items, so if you win the shoulders, just keep them in your bag until you get the tier gloves. Good luck!