Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Holy mother of god.

Glyph of No Escape: Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by (formerly 6%) 20%.

"I guess you could say *sunglasses*... That we're gonna put our enemies on ICE! YEEAAAAAAA"

That would be...icing on the cake? ba-dun tsh.

Holy mother of god.

Glyph of No Escape: Increases the ranged critical strike chance of all of your attacks on targets affected by your Freezing Trap by (formerly 6%) 20%.

"I guess you could say *sunglasses*... That we're gonna put our enemies on ICE! YEEAAAAAAA"
    Don't get too excited. It's Freezing, not Ice Trap. 20% applies to 1 shot only since a single shot will break the trap. If they really wanted to make it worth taking, they'd made it apply to Ice Trap or make it apply to next 3-4 shots for 30-50% crit chance when Freezing Trap breaks. It'll still remain a retard check for both PVP and PVE for now.

On a side note, aspects tooltips on live show 1sec cooldown. So like I mentioned, I'm very confused as to what they're trying to achieve with this.

Edit: possibly a tooltip change only, since I am looking at my fraps from last week in beta and they were missing 1sec cooldown text. Now the tooltips are identical to how they're on live.
    Last edited by aarjun; 2012-07-14 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Don't get too excited. It's Freezing, not Ice Trap. 20% applies to 1 shot only since a single shot will break the trap. If they really wanted to make it worth taking, they'd made it apply to Ice Trap or make it apply to next 3-4 shots for 30-50% crit chance when Freezing Trap breaks. It'll still remain a retard check for both PVP and PVE for now.

On a side note, aspects tooltips on live show 1sec cooldown. So like I mentioned, I'm very confused as to what they're trying to achieve with this.

Edit: possibly a tooltip change only, since I am looking at my fraps from last week in beta and they were missing 1sec cooldown text. Now the tooltips are identical to how they're on live.
    *grumble* fine. I thought it was the other, more "covering the floor in shit so you can't see defile or fire-y" trap. I always get the names mixed up .

And the thing they've done with aspects means that macroing them should no longer work nearly as efficiently, as has been mentioned like a bajillion times by me and other hunters, when you're in the middle of casting a cobra shot or in the middle of firing off an instant, you can't change the aspect, which means that due to lag, even while firing instants, you should never be able to "successfully" macro it to switch to hawk before you fire an instant, and then go back to fox before firing a cobra shot. Basicly, they want us to interact with the aspects and make a choise, rather than have the game played for us.

5 minute cooldown Readiness is terribleh. I don't get it. Everybody took it as a talent and the only thing that was remotely imbalanced about it was that it reset Bestial Wrath. Bumping it to a 5 minute cooldown just kills its synergy with things like Rapid Fire where the cooldowns are different. So now instead of Rapid Firing, Rapid Firing a second time with Readiness and waiting 3 minutes to do them both again, we have to Rapid Fire, Rapid Fire with Readiness and by the time Readiness is back up, Rapid Fire will be on cooldown.

At the very least, its a slap in the face to longer arena matches and should give the Hunter 50 focus or 30% of his health when he uses it.

And the thing they've done with aspects means that macroing them should no longer work nearly as efficiently, as has been mentioned like a bajillion times by me and other hunters, when you're in the middle of casting a cobra shot or in the middle of firing off an instant, you can't change the aspect, which means that due to lag, even while firing instants, you should never be able to "successfully" macro it to switch to hawk before you fire an instant, and then go back to fox before firing a cobra shot. Basicly, they want us to interact with the aspects and make a choise, rather than have the game played for us.
    Yeah, the macros are not guarantee to work perfectly now. They don't go off if you spam your buttons, but if you use them off GCD, they work. Tested these Arcane and Cobra macros on live and beta.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
    /cast Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Cobra Shot
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox, null
    /cast Cobra Shot

I find it extremely silly that they would do this just to break macros instead of addressing why most PVP hunters macro them in the first place. Why can't they just get rid of fox and make Cobra/Steady castable on move?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    5 minute cooldown Readiness is terribleh. I don't get it. Everybody took it as a talent and the only thing that was remotely imbalanced about it was that it reset Bestial Wrath. Bumping it to a 5 minute cooldown just kills its synergy with things like Rapid Fire where the cooldowns are different. So now instead of Rapid Firing, Rapid Firing a second time with Readiness and waiting 3 minutes to do them both again, we have to Rapid Fire, Rapid Fire with Readiness and by the time Readiness is back up, Rapid Fire will be on cooldown.

At the very least, its a slap in the face to longer arena matches and should give the Hunter 50 focus or 30% of his health when he uses it.
    I'd personally much rather it be a 5 minute cooldown than a talent. Even if its a little funky with Rapid Fire, the build I was planning on taking(Fervor, not Readiness) now gives me both Fervor AND Readiness.

TotH became quite possibly the worst talent in the entire talent tree. When TotH procs, if you use any shot other than Arcane Shot or Multi-Shot, it consumes the proc AND costs full focus of that shot.

For example, TotH procced. You are at 50 focus. You use Explosive Shot. TotH proc buff is gone. Your focus bar lost 44 of that 50 focus.

I am sure the bug will be fixed, but didn't GC mention buffing it to bring it on par with Fervor?

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 09:36 PM ----------

Tested Blink Strike. Very weak talent. The range is only 30yds and doesn't work on targets not in LoS. Can't be used if you or the pet is cc'd. Can't be used if pet is rooted. Damage is decent for a 20sec cd though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    That makes the most sense. 25% seemed to low to me, but I can see why the tooltip would show as 25%(supposed to be 25% off of 100%). 75% I am happy with, 25% I am not.
    The math fits... Was 100% for 10 seconds on a 10 min cd... cd was halved (should reduce the damage by half) and duration was doubled (reduced by half again) so it's a straight shift... Regardless damage will be balanced as beta goes on.

It definitely looks like the patch notes are wrong on Stampede. All of the other pets are doing 25% of their normal damage now, instead of full damage. Which is kinda' disheartening. Doesn't the damage of 4 pets doing 25% of the damage of a normal pet really just equal 1 normal pets damage? And then there'e the 5th normal pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    It definitely looks like the patch notes are wrong on Stampede. All of the other pets are doing 25% of their normal damage now, instead of full damage. Which is kinda' disheartening. Doesn't the damage of 4 pets doing 25% of the damage of a normal pet really just equal 1 normal pets damage? And then there'e the 5th normal pet.
    The damage over a 10 minute period (minus any modifiers like trinkets etc) should be the same you just push the button twice as often and they stay out twice as long

I'm having trouble judging whether the new or the old actually does more damage over a 10 minute period. If this is wrong, please correct me.

Original: 5 pets, 100% damage each, for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=500% damage(let's say per second) for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=5000% every 10 minutes
    New: 5 pets, one at 100%, four at 25% each, for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=200% damage(again, per second) for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=4000% every 5 minutes(or 8000% every 10 minutes)

Does that make sense?

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    The damage over a 10 minute period (minus any modifiers like trinkets etc) should be the same you just push the button twice as often and they stay out twice as long
    Thats what I thought at first, but thats not true since your main pet remains at 100% damage, while the other 4 are 25%(down from 100%).

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    I find it extremely silly that they would do this just to break macros instead of addressing why most PVP hunters macro them in the first place. Why can't they just get rid of fox and make Cobra/Steady castable on move?
    I don't. As I've said countless times - if they wanted us to have 100% mobility all the time, then we'd become *the* superior class in everything that gives you movement-downtime in a PvE enviroment.
    If they wanted us to have 100% mobility, they wouldn't be widening the gap / choise between fox and hawk (adding a 15% dmg reduc on to hawk to make it more important than it is now, where it "only" adds damage).

Every change they're making regarding the aspects are pointing towards the fact that they want us to be less mobile that we have been in Cataclysm, or, at the very least, take a bigger hit / punish us more if we choose to be as mobile.

Thats what I thought at first, but thats not true since your main pet remains at 100% damage, while the other 4 are 25%(down from 100%).
    Think of Stampede as only the 4 summoned pets, your 'main' pet shouldn't factor in since it's not really part of the ability (ie it's always there regardless)

Quote Originally Posted by bil View Post
    Think of Stampede as only the 4 summoned pets, your 'main' pet shouldn't factor in since it's not really part of the ability (ie it's always there regardless)
    Oh thats true. Taking that into account:

Original: 4 pets, 100% damage each, for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=400% damage(let's say per second) for 10 seconds every 10 minutes=4000% every 10 minutes
    New: 4 pets, 25% each, for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=100% damage(again, per second) for 20 seconds every 5 minutes=2000% every 5 minutes(or 4000% every 10 minutes)

Works out in the math there.

Edit: Also, front page updated with new changes. On the pet front(from Petopia), some new skins available, including the MoP water striders finally. No new families or other additions found yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having trouble macro'ing pet attack since the patch? I have a macro that is as simple as it gets, one line "/petattack" that I've used for 6+ years now, and it just stopped working with this beta patch. My pet still responds to manually clicking the attack button on the pet bar, but not to the macro. I also saw some strange behavior out of my pets like ignoring enemies while on defensive and following me around while still attacking the enemy (very annoying when fighting a rare spawn with a huge frontal cone attack for 180k+)

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Anyone else having trouble macro'ing pet attack since the patch? I have a macro that is as simple as it gets, one line "/petattack" that I've used for 6+ years now, and it just stopped working with this beta patch. My pet still responds to manually clicking the attack button on the pet bar, but not to the macro. I also saw some strange behavior out of my pets like ignoring enemies while on defensive and following me around while still attacking the enemy (very annoying when fighting a rare spawn with a huge frontal cone attack for 180k+)
    Go to your pet spell book with your macro open and shift+click the Attack ability to the macro. If that doesn't work, then it is bugged.(β=β)

I though they didn't want us to use traps on CD during encounters. So far the buff to ST and now IT seems to contradict that. The buff to No Escape seems like a must now and currently LnL procs from Ice Trap on the test dummy which doesn't do that on live or raid bosses. I don't want to be using IT on cd. Another gcd to fit into rotation, but the biggest issue is that IT blocks visual effects during encounters. I remember getting yelled at by my GM for dropping it on CD when I was testing the current version on live during t11.

TotH is being consumed by abilities other than AS and MS, but they don't benefit from it.
    Last edited by ltm; 2012-07-14 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    I though they didn't want us to use traps on CD during encounters. So far the buff to ST and now IT seems to contradict that. The buff to No Escape seems like a must now and currently LnL procs from Ice Trap on the test dummy which doesn't do that on live or raid bosses. I don't want to be using IT on cd. Another gcd to fit into rotation, but the biggest issue is that IT blocks visual effects during encounters. I remember getting yelled at by my GM for dropping it on CD when I was testing the current version on live during t11.

TotH is being consumed by abilities other than AS and MS, but they don't benefit from it.
    The glyph is for Freezing Trap, not Ice Trap. Not usable on bosses. And Snake Trap is getting nerfed so its not used by SV.

The glyph is for Freezing Trap, not Ice Trap. Not usable on bosses. And Snake Trap is getting nerfed so its not used by SV.
    You're right, I assumed it affected both like it does on live. However IT is proccing LnL

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    You're right, I assumed it affected both like it does on live. However IT is proccing LnL
    Im gonna guess thats a bug, as I know Blizzard doesn't like us using traps for single target.