http://livestre.am/41xEa
    Made this real fast to show that you definitely need true sight to hunt TA. It's just too easy for her to use refraction and spam hide and be unkillable. If you've got a hero like Leshrac to chase her around the map, sure, but they didn't. She has too much dodge power between refraction and hide - 180g for dust and you take that away from her completely.

This game was kind of unfair - solo'd bot against Puck and had him cowering at his tower the entire time. Level 6 when he was level 3. CK was pretty farmed off the trilane top, though. Meld just does too much damage, and with refraction if you don't stand completely on top of her she's gone, so, get some true sight.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-07-15 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    http://livestre.am/41xEa
    Made this real fast to show that you definitely need true sight to hunt TA. It's just too easy for her to use refraction and spam hide and be unkillable. If you've got a hero like Leshrac to chase her around the map, sure, but they didn't. She has too much dodge power between refraction and hide - 180g for dust and you take that away from her completely.

This game was kind of unfair - solo'd bot against Puck and had him cowering at his tower the entire time. Level 6 when he was level 3. CK was pretty farmed off the trilane top, though. Meld just does too much damage, and with refraction if you don't stand completely on top of her she's gone, so, get some true sight.
    Your pub games against complete noobs(I watched that replay after this post that puck was a moron lets you free farm for 15 mins) proves nothing. True sight is good but not "compulsory". You will see a good lanaya in 0.5 seconds after she melds anyway. Also Most heroes can disable her with their abilities. Meld is not a defensive tool, do not be confused.

ps: Zefie do not blink into this discussion for the sake of defending lysah...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-15 at 11:01 AM.

Who cares what game it was, that doesn't change what happened in those 40 seconds. Stop trying to make everything about e-cred.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Meld is not a defensive tool, do not be confused.
    Every invis skill is a defensive tool, even if for Meld it's only for disjoint or Meld + Blink. Not having True Sight would be fairly stupid, few moments in Meld might allow a TA to get Refraction up and double Meld your ass.

Deleted
    ps: Zefie do not blink into this discussion for the sake of defending lysah...
    Sorry I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion if it coincides with Lysah's. (Wait a second, yes I am, you're wrong.)
    But it's okay bro I'm just "defending" Hermanni here, promise. Not having an opinion of myself, nope, completely impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Sorry I guess I'm not allowed to have an opinion if it coincides with Lysah's. (Wait a second, yes I am, you're wrong.)
    But it's okay bro I'm just "defending" Hermanni here, promise. Not having an opinion of myself, nope, completely impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Just showcased TA for Zefie in a random PuG and got called a "TA picker" like six minutes into the game...I guess every agility hero player is now a "(name) picker" like that's a bad thing.
    The joke stopped at AM picker, imo.
    Clearly, it's not just because you were 5 when he was 2 and you had freefarm. At all.
    srsly? I'm having a good laugh right now.
    to me your only existance in this thread is sucking Lysah. Go check your own posts in this thread and link me a constructive strategy or opinion.

you are a funny pair.

I'm done discussing with you two.

Deleted
    to me your only existance in this thread is sucking Lysah. Go check your own posts in this thread and link me a constructive strategy or opinion.
    'Sup. (inb4 "lol 10 pages ago", that's one of my 3-4 posts these last 10 pages.)

you are a funny pair.

Yeah well you're a Kunt and I dislike talking to you as well.

Hermanni has disagreed with me quite a few times, probably more often than not, and he's agreed with me pretty much every time you've tried to "call me out." Do you wonder why everyone disagrees with all of your opinions or is everyone else on the planet just a major noob to you?

I mean it's one thing to have a different opinion, it's quite another to tell anyone who disagrees that they're pub trash, which is basically what you've insinuated with me the past half a dozen times you've responded to me in this thread.

I think Hermanni summed it up nicely.

Off-Topic, we are all really pub trash unless some players here play in some non-pub teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    I think Hermanni summed it up nicely.

Off-Topic, we are all really pub trash unless some players here play in some non-pub teams.
    say that to Lysah not me. I've never claimed I'm pro or I play in pro team. I just said pub games proves nothing..well because they are pubs. and You don't need true sight to shot down TA. If you think otherwise theorycraft more.

1, 2 or 30 people disagreeing with me in mmo champion means nothing. I know how I play and I can easily out "think" most of players in here or in Dota2 matcmaking.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-15 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    1, 2 or 30 people disagreeing with me in mmo champion means nothing. I know how I play and I can easily out "think" most of players in here or in Dota2 matcmaking.
    Anyone who disagrees with me is of a lower skill level regardless of my position, their position or the logical validity of either.

See, if you're gonna use these arguments I may as well just use them against you as well and we can have an endless little slapfight where neither of us actually proves anything. Sniper hardcounters Night Stalker, because I said so and I'm a way better player than you are l2p.

Anyone who disagrees with me is of a lower skill level regardless of my position, their position or the logical validity of either.

See, if you're gonna use these arguments I may as well just use them against you as well and we can have an endless little slapfight where neither of us actually proves anything. Sniper hardcounters Night Stalker, because I said so and I'm a way better player than you are l2p.
    Yeah well you're a Kunt and I dislike talking to you as well.
    yet you keep talking.

Deleted
    yet you keep talking.
    And yet you replied.

navi just picked PA in star ladder final
    http://www.joindota.com/en/live/tobiwan

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silly arguement, the point is, without truesight, she's a very hard target to kill and can just toy with you in Meld. As Hermanni said, it's a perfect ability to lead into a Blink Dagger escape. It isn't primarily offensive or defensive, it is both. It's a flexible skill, and that is why it is so strong.

And yet you replied.
    you were giving lessons about English...

discussing and relpying are different things. I may reply you but I'm not going to discuss any dota-related topic with you two.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Silly arguement, the point is, without truesight, she's a very hard target to kill and can just toy with you in Meld. As Hermanni said, it's a perfect ability to lead into a Blink Dagger escape. It isn't primarily offensive or defensive, it is both. It's a flexible skill, and that is why it is so strong.

You can disable meld...it's not a usual invisibility. If you move or get stunned it will fade. Don't make me list the heroes who can disable meld.

It's a really really really bad defensive spell. If enemy got true sight, you're fucked or enemy got pos. altering spell, you're fucked. What I'm trying to say you can deal with it without true sight.

Invisibility is easiest thing to counter in dota and yet a crippled invisibility is easier to counter. You're thinking in patterns

invisibility == true sight or gtfo

not it's not, you can disable TA's meld with most heroes.

try to think seriously. But again, I'm used with clan matches where everyone knows what they are doing. I'm not pro but I was playing DotA with my team in Garena years ago.

In lane meld is a perfect defansive tool but when game starts, you can't run away with meld even if they have no true sight. You will get caught by one of position altering spells of enemy team.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-15 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    navi just picked PA in star ladder final
    http://www.joindota.com/en/live/tobiwan
    Problem ?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    you were giving lessons about English...

discussing and relpying are different things. I may reply you but I'm not going to discuss any dota-related topic with you two.

You can disable meld...it's not a usual invisibility. If you move or get stunned it will fade. Don't make me list the heroes who can disable meld.

It's a really really really bad defensive spell. If enemy got true sight, you're fucked or enemy got pos. altering spell, you're fucked. What I'm trying to say you can deal with it without true sight.

Invisibility is easiest thing to counter in dota and yet a crippled invisibility is easier to counter. You're thinking in patterns

invisibility == true sight or gtfo

try to think seriously. But again, I'm used with clan matches where everyone knows what they are doing. I'm not pro but I was playing DotA with my team in Garena years ago.

In lane meld is a perfect defansive tool but when game starts, you can't run away with meld even if they have no true sight. You will get caught by one of position altering spells of enemy team.
    You CAN, but Slardar has both true sight, armor reduction, and an aoe stun, which is what made that game hell. Slardar is a hard counter to her.
    Also, if you juke, lose LoS and meld they have no idea where you are. You could be anywhere in the vicinity. Especially if you have a blink dagger.

Against Slardar, you really have to kill enough of the enemy team to "win" the fight before Refraction falls off, or you have NO chance of survival. She's really squishy past it, and with so much armor reduction, you're doomed.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-07-15 at 07:40 PM.

Sorry to put rain on your parade but stuns don't disable Meld, so the list of those heroes is fairly thin.

You want to gank a TA and your lineup has heroes among the lines of Night Stalker, Sven, Crystal Maiden, etc etc and you don't have true vision, you're majorly wasting your time if TA manages to hit Meld as she will Blink away as soon as you run out of AoE spells to throw at her. If she has no Blink you're still faced with the task of burning through Refraction (perhaps multiple Refractions and Melds) with your few AoE spells or trying to ferry a Dust with your courier until enemy team shows up to help.

In a teamfight Meld will obviously be used offensively and if your goal alone is to win the teamfight and not worry about killing TA, you obviously won't "need" True Sight. But if you're Sven and you intend to land Storm Bolt on TA, your choices are to either wait until she opens with Meld or pop a dust before you Q.

So I just played my first PvP match with a friend.

I put Shadow Shaman's ulti (Serpent Wards) on top of a Phantom Assassin who couldn't move and was killed from full health by them, said "omg so stupid game, where is the balance?!" and then disconnected from the chat.

Usually I don't like to make people rage, but I just found that funny.