Deleted
    + 23

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    >_____>

Pur if you're (apprently) interested in hearing why I left, I'll post it here.
    Joy was the only person I sent the PM to, although I think Treann knows too.
    Of course I want to know :x
    You don't have to do it, if you don't want to, though!

Joy you're weird.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    +21

Technic or Tekkit?
    http://mirror.technicpack.net/files/...rver_3.0.4.zip

This is the zip you need to upload to the server. It will unpack itself, then you'll rename the Tekkit.jar to something else.

read this:

https://www.beastnode.com/portal/kno...hnic-Pack.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purifier View Post

Joy you're weird.
    Alright, wall of text incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    +21

Technic or Tekkit?
    Just went for Tekkit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purifier View Post

Joy you're weird.
    Yes I am.

Hiko, I don't wanna put you on the spot here.
    Hence the PM ><

Deleted
    Right. I've procrastinated enough now so I'll get round to writing this since you asked.
    Also, before I start talking, I may mention a few names, be it in a positive or negative tone, but you want the story, so you'll get it.

Where do I even start?

I first joined PvM about halfway through the second thread, give or take a few hundred pages. Found myself interested by it so I started posting to join in the fun while hopefully getting myself a bit noticed. After a while I started to fit in, so I was able to focus less on getting known and instead focus more on just having fun.

It ended up being great, back then we had Treann take most of the +50's, so every few pages you'd see a large picture of Toothless. Being a fan of the film and character myself it cheered me up. You also had Jona dominating the post count, which to be honest was fine since I enjoyed reading his posts. His constant discussions / arguements with Skel and his responses to us saying him and Eng were a couple and such were very enjoyable to read.

My friends in PvM also passed on through stuff like Steam, so it wasn't just talking to people, it was also playing with them. For a long while Meys, Worgen and I would frequently play long sessions of Dungeon Defenders which ended up being extremely fun while it lasted as well.

There really is just too much to comment on why I enjoyed PvM, but now it's time to get dramatic I guess.

Nearing the end of the second thread, Jona had gotten annoyed at something (I can't recall the exact reason now, but I believe it was something to do with an infraction he recieved). Jona then ended up saying that when the third thread came that he would only post a single post saying goodbye before leaving.

This was obviously a bit depressing, but I tried to ignore it hoping that he'd change his mind, that's until ghost pages started to appear sooner than I had hoped.

So then the third thread was created after a few more glitchy pages and of course Jona, like he said, only posted the one post saying goodbye. Problem is some people became a lot less active with him, such as Eng, who I only ended up noticing had made a return not too long before I left.

Because of this it really felt like something in the thread was missing. As much as I tried to ignore it I couldn't help but feel a bit bored and less motivated to post. Despite that I still tried to stay active and I just hoped that something would come around to relight the spark that had been blown out with the third thread.

Then we had that period of time where we were replacing / editing our avatars with moustaches, monocles, tophats and smoking pipes, while also acting like a stereotypical upper-class British gentleman from the Victorian era. This ended up relighting that spark so to say, and it was really fun greeting people using the names such as "Bean" and "Chap".

Of course as time went on it died down a little until people were changing their avatars back or simply replacing them. After that the thread sort of slowly went back to the way it used to be and again I found myself a bit less motivated to post.

And then it went downhill.

It started off being a really shit night. As shown here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15574522
    Or more importantly, this post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15574596

It ended up taking near enough 3 hours before the amount of bullshit I was going through to finally end, and when you're doing something repetitive, boring and enraging, 3 hours feels like 3 decades.

That's when this happened:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15575205

Basically, I had seen that the most recent number was +48, so I decided to post the +49. Thing is I got ninja'd, so because I didn't want my number to be useless, I figured I'd try and edit to a +50.
    But of course, because Gem is one of the competitive types, s/he took a screenshot of it. Now, it's clearly stated in the rules that this is allowed, however I was having such a shit night at the time that the douche move that it was sent me over the top. So after that I just left it with this message:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15575400

So with that I left for a while, and not before long Treann started messaging me on Steam about it. After a while of normal conversations he managed to get me back posting in the thread. However, my problem still persisted that I wasn't having as much fun as before. Not only did I have my previous problem, but I was also now holding grudges against people.

You know when you're in a room with someone you dislike and it makes your mood worse? I was pretty much having that.
    I'm not trying to be offensive to Gemini of course. It's just that one night really left me feeling hateful. I'm partially over it now, but there are still some issues I have.

I basically started observing a bit and getting extremely annoyed when anyone would post a screenshot. Didn't matter if it was a +50 or not, but the fact that people posted a screenshot instead of editing their post just really pissed me off. I was starting to understand how much of an asshole move it was because the players were only working against eachother, heck, the players were subtracting more points from themselves than the mods ever did thanks to the screenshots and trainwrecks. All of this combined wasn't helping my motivation to post at all.

Still though, I stuck with it and kept posting. Shortly after, I started watching My Little Pony, and after being completely hooked on the show and the fanmade stuff I changed my avatar and signature to reflect this. I also ended up linking reaction pictures and some videos/songs in the thread that were pony-related too.

However, something that I picked up on was that thanks to this, the old spark was being re-lit once again. Sadly, it didn't last for very long. If you check my last posts in the thread, you'll notice that in my most recent posts I got into a small arguement about the rule for not posting ponies outside of the official thread for it, before I finally gave up and posted a last number before losing the last of my motivation.

After that I simply didn't give a shit anymore. I was sick of trying to find ways to enjoy the thread, only for them to either end too shortly, or get torn away by other people.

Although before I stopped posting in PvM I had tried getting into the MLP thread and found that thanks to the speed of the thread, it felt like the good parts about PvM without the trainwrecks and restrictive rules. So while I barely talk to people from PvM anymore, it was either that or leave MMO-Champion for good. Since I'm enjoying this thread I'll just stay here.

What I'll end this with though, is that while it may be unlikely that I return, I never actually posted a message saying goodbye. I know that Treann discussed with me that he was sick of the "No pony pictures" rule and decided to remove it himself, not caring about the consequences, so who knows, I may return one day.

It's just a shame that I lost contact with a lot of people in the thread, however I've met loads of awesome people in the MLP thread too, so I'm happy for the time being at least.

Anyway, that's my story. Whether you want to share it or not is completely up to you, but I did say I would write it.

Tekkit is the server version of the Technic pack with Technic being the solo version. Technic has mods like mo creatures and dungeons
    Elyaan may have made this. Possibly maybe.

Guys, guys.

Do I play a guy or a girl in PKMN white?
    I'm a guy IRL, but.... datass....

That's totally not creepy.

Edit: Whatthefuckwalloftext.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Guys, guys.

gurl obviously.

Deleted
    + 25

Deleted
    Guys, guys.

Edit: Whatthefuckwalloftext.
    I have not played a guy in any pokemon game since you could play girls.

+25

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    gurl obviously.
    Not even up for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalem View Post
    -rix

1) Assuming you break a cobble per second, and AFAIK it was around 2 chunks by 2 chunks and around 20 height at walls, plus a chunk for towers = 12x20x8 blocks of smooth stone. Which makes 1920 stones. Which is 32 minutes of cobble farming. And another 32 for smelting. With an iduction furnace it'll take around 10 minutes to smelt all the cobble.

My math is approximately this: There were 6 walls, approximately 12 blocks in height, and 15 blocks in width (I know this number to be true) is 1080 blocks.

Each of those walls had a 3 width rampart for another 270 blocks, Each tower was 4 blocks taller than the walls and was 8x8, so that's 16x8 blocks per wall, times 4 for 4 walls, times 6 for 6 towers. So that's 2048 Blocks.

The portcullis was I think 14 blocks tall, about 7 blocks wide, but had internal redstone wiring etc so less blocks, so let's call it 40 blocks and be done with it (it was almost certainly more)

The back wall was a long continue wall, it was 36-40 blocks wide (the width of 2 normal walls plus the width of the portcullis), and same height as the walls, so let's say 12. So that wall was 432 blocks. (36x12, using the lower number). It also had a rampart that went through the entire length, so 36x3 = 108.

Each tower had 2 floors (a central one and an upper one), with the walls at 8x8, that means the internal floors were 6x6, so that's 36 blocks x6 towers = 216 blocks.

Then there was the main keep. That was at least 4 blocks taller than the towers, and covered more than half the width of the back wall, so 15 with times 20 height, mutlipled by 3 for the 3 walls (the back wall was part of the main castle wall) is another 900 blocks.

By my count, that's a total of 4824 stone blocks.

That's not including the extra height to the back wall of the keep (over the actual back wall, which would add another 40-70 blocks or so), nor is it including the internal walls that come off the portcullis, or the "spikes" on the top of the towers. But seeing as not all the towers had their floorings 100% complete, there was blocks removed (placed then mined later) for doors etc.

So yeah, let's round the number of stone I used to 4800. And are you using diamond picks? because I'll be damned if it was only taking me 1 second to mine a brick, and if it was, it sure felt longer. Add into that the requirement of finding bricks (which I was lucky in the end that I had a great easy opened mine under my castle), placing torches, removing dirt, back and forth running for lava buckets to continually smelt the stone (as I wasn't finding enough coal), as well as having to run to my chests to deposit the stone due to bag space, constantly needing to make new picks and shovels too.

Yes, someone go create my castle for me in 3 hours, time it with a video and I'll agree, it was an easy undertaking.

Deleted
    You arguing about MC, and a castle?

lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    gurl obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalem View Post
    Not even up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    I have not played a guy in any pokemon game since you could play girls.
    You perverts! I like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    You perverts! I like that!
    Its the only way to live life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtiko View Post
    Wall of ze text
    Oh, I see now. Thanks for posting it

Rix you put more effort into explaining stuff than building it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    By my count, that's a total of 4824 stone blocks.
    And that is why I love Equivalent Exchange

Can someone message me on skype when the server is up?