Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    My chars stats atm.

17 days alive ingame.
    578 zombie kills (not much for 17 days alive, but I don´t play the game for zombies.)
    24 murders.
    1 bandit kill.
    (none of them in Electro or Cherno, I don´t kill people that don´t have any gear)

All of the kills are with the M107 50 cal except that 1 bandit kill was with a M4A3 CCO (bad ass weapon).

Decked out in some insane gear, have had some VERY close calls fighting against other players.

Been having ALLOT of fun playing this game with my friends, hunting in squads and building a big ass camp with some insane loot and vehicles.
    Teach me your ways.. I just had more stuff then I ever did and some guy decided to shoot me in the back after I saved him from getting killed by a ton of zombies. I was pretty upset..

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Teach me your ways.. I just had more stuff then I ever did and some guy decided to shoot me in the back after I saved him from getting killed by a ton of zombies. I was pretty upset..
    That's your mistake right there, 'saved him'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Yeah, there's not many good reasons to make friends in the current state of the game.

Better answer would be "let the zeds kill him, then loot his corpse".
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Trust noone. Even when they run at you screaming "friendly" if they are not your literal friend, your best option is to shoot them in the face. Its kill or be killed. you save their asses then they kill you. your better off being a bandit yourself, because frankly 90% of the people on there are.

Whether they have gear or not, i kill on sight. If i let ungeared people live , they are off taking supplies i could have, or getting guns that enables them to kill me (which they will) people are always friendly if they have nothing, or just an axe. As soon as they find something better though, they are no longer your friend and stab you in the back. i play most nights with a group of 3-4 people playing in a group like that, on teamspeak together allows you to pretty much control a city, its the greatest game I've ever played, and you get some great laughs out of it.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2012-07-16 at 10:13 PM.

Kind of interesting if this is how humans would actually react towards each other in a post-apocalyptic world. Reverting back to only their most basic sense of self preservation, that is, "kill or be killed," even if this isn't actually the most beneficial approach to it.

Honestly, it would be interesting if there was literal permanent death. If you die, your character is deleted and banned from the server with that game key. It would be much more realistic, though terrible from a consumer and money making point of view...

I guess I'm too nice for DayZ. The way I see it is I don't want to ruin someones day especially if they spent hours or days to gather all their stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Kind of interesting if this is how humans would actually react towards each other in a post-apocalyptic world. Reverting back to only their most basic sense of self preservation, that is, "kill or be killed," even if this isn't actually the most beneficial approach to it.

Honestly, it would be interesting if there was literal permanent death. If you die, your character is deleted and banned from the server with that game key. It would be much more realistic, though terrible from a consumer and money making point of view...
    I know someone who is a developer who works on DayZ.. I play with him in his game mode Wasteland.. He said that they were talking about making a 8 hour respawn timer. Apparently many of the developers were for this idea.

Yea they want to make a penalty if you die so that you feel a stronger need to survive.

I havent had this much fun in a game since the good ol days of MC and BWL!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

This. I'm quite interested in this game purely to see it from a sociological point of view. I think I would suck balls in it though as I am far too gentle to survive for long.

I think in a real world apocalyptic situation though the majority of players would not act like they do in the game. I've no doubt people will follow up by posting their assertions that in this environment they would absolutely kill everyone who looked at them funny but I'm not totally convinced. It is easy to shoot someone in a game, not so easy to shoot them irl.

died 3 times last night. I am certainly not up for having an 8hour respawn timer. That would kill this game off. Half the fun is finding new kit once you're back to square one.

Deleted
    Maps need to spawn more, not seen one... I mean any petrol station should have local maps it's not a stretch to think they'd have a map stand

interested to pick this up if ARMA2 goes on sale on steam.

how buggy/unresponsive is the gunplay in DayZ? From looking at videos it seems really buggy with zombie patching, animations, and aiming.

I understand its an alpha but on a scale of 1-10, how polished is it at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by sidneycrosby View Post
    interested to pick this up if ARMA2 goes on sale on steam.

how buggy/unresponsive is the gunplay in DayZ? From looking at videos it seems really buggy with zombie patching, animations, and aiming.

I understand its an alpha but on a scale of 1-10, how polished is it at this time?
    If you're expecting run and gun like Call of Duty, then you are not going to like Arma's engine.

I'm watching Arma 2 like a hawk on the Steam sale.

*fingers crossed*

10+ Year Old Account
    A screenshot of my char and half of the camp me and my team has :P.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...978C259A5CDFF/

No ghillie suit /cry (only found the suit 2 times and the first time was the first time I walked into a house in dayz.... yeah 5 minutes after I started playing, the second time was when the ghillie suit was bugged and if you put it on you, you would lose all your inventory and the suit ........ )

I´m gonna be so sad when this char dies, just a matter of time.
    Replaced my M107 with the As50 because its not as loud and does 5 times more dmg with the as50 bullets (tho it does not matter since they do about 39k dmg on hit.)
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-07-17 at 02:24 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Bought the game a few days ago, read various guides and tips websites and i pretty much got the hang of it.. but it appears nobody really trusts eachother in this game which is a real shame considering i don't know anyone in real life that plays the game... how does one go about finding other individuals to group up with ?

There's quite a bit of places where there's no point going simply because as somebody that's alone.. you're bound to bump into 2/3 (or more) players that play together that open fire immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    No ghillie suit /cry (only found the suit 2 times and the first time was the first time I walked into a house in dayz.... yeah 5 minutes after I started playing, the second time was when the ghillie suit was bugged and if you put it on you, you would lose all your inventory and the suit ........ )
    Found one on the roof of Rog (my 5th) a few mintues before a group of 3 turned up, after killing them I found an unused ghillie suit in one of their bags so gave it to a friend.

We logged in at the NW airfield the next day on a server with 5 other people on it and both got sniped seconds after logging in .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Has combined ops been on sale for 20% off or is this new? (steam) http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4638/

Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post
    Has combined ops been on sale for 20% off or is this new? (steam) http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4638/
    It's been on sale for a while, like a week at least.

Deleted
    It's been on sale for a while, like a week at least.
    and before that week started with summer sale it was on Bis.studio for about 3 weeks on their sale for 25% off. But that ended last saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Bought the game a few days ago, read various guides and tips websites and i pretty much got the hang of it.. but it appears nobody really trusts eachother in this game which is a real shame considering i don't know anyone in real life that plays the game... how does one go about finding other individuals to group up with ?

There's quite a bit of places where there's no point going simply because as somebody that's alone.. you're bound to bump into 2/3 (or more) players that play together that open fire immediately.
    my answer log on your guilds clan ts. If you have one (i had 1 for wow) play solo and be enthiousiastic, since yesterday i got a buddy that way
    Last edited by mmoc7c0806276b; 2012-07-17 at 09:17 PM.