Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!
    Bwhahaaha, that's my new signature if you don't mind.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwek View Post
    Why would blizzard need to update questlines involving Dalaran because of it going to the Alliance? lvl 80 Dalaran will still be as it is but what will happen is that we will perhaps get a new one adjusted for lvl 90 where Jaina is the leader. If they intend to keep Dalaran where it is then they can easily use the Phasing system, and if they decide to move the city they can just copy+paste it and edit the city a bit.

No Questzones is getting affected

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 10:42 AM ----------

But I dont see how this can affect your leveling? Dalaran will still remain as it is during your journey in Northrend. When you reach the current time your character will learn that Dalaran changes into a faction city.

Yes, its kinda early for us to say it's going to be an Alliance city. Maybe its only Kirin Tor that goes Alliance, but then I doub they would accept most of the Horde presence.
    and its more inconsistent crap that makes the story look like they don't know how to organise things.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I hope the horde mages come up with an dalaran equivalent which will be one of the two fronts (other being dalaran) in the expac after MoP.
    The Blood Elf city could be used. Not the best strategic place but it's something

Quote Originally Posted by umosha View Post
    Crystal song forest was ment to be another questing hub and was pegged to be the original zone to host the Argent Tournament area, but because or the lag from Dalaran they scrapped this.
    But if Dalaran was gone, there would be no obstructions to remake the area with something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    They told us in a post that in the pandaren hubs, there will be portals to all cities open, including dalaran and shattrath. So we hear that dalaran is now alliance, but theres a portal to dalaran in the hordes base in pandaria... -_-
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendanb View Post
    Blizzard wouldn't take away the capital city of an expansion.
    Actually they can do that. You know that there are two other bases in Crystalsong Forest beside Dalaran, right? Sunreaver's Command and Windrunner's overlook are pretty much unused curently. They might be into business as replacement to Dalaran. If Dalaran ever relocates somewhere else in Azeroth (or beyond, you never know!). They could also add a couple of shared things like vendor's and such to the ruins below Dalaran in Crystalsong forest as well.

Personally i think Dalaran is ready to relocate elsewhere in Azeroth. Maybe on it's old location or maybe close to Kul Tiras if Jaina becomes head of the Kirin Tor.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-07-17 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Actually they can do that. You know that there are two other bases in Crystalsong Forest beside Dalaran, right? Sunreaver's Command and Windrunner's overlook are pretty much unused curently. They might be into business as replacement to Dalaran. If Dalaran ever relocates somewhere else in Azeroth (or beyond, you never know!). They could also add a couple of shared things like vendor's and such to the ruins below Dalaran in Crystalsong forest as well.

Personally i think Dalaran is ready to relocate elsewhere in Azeroth. Maybe on it's old location or maybe close to Kul Tiras if Jaina becomes head of the Kirin Tor.
    Yet they wouldnt NEED to have to do so because having a new Dalaran in the *present* (Pandaria, 2012) doesnt influence old Dalaran in the *past* (Northrend, 2009).

Go to Dragonblight right now. Are black and twilight dragons attacking Wyrmrest? No, it's the Blues.
    Go to Wyrmrest's basement. Is it tentacle-riddled, with cracks in the wall? Nope! It's a boring old Summon Stone there, not a Sith Lord Pope Benedict.
    Enter the Eye of Eternity. Are Hagara's axes not the only thing you face up close? NO, it's MALYGOS IN THE FACE. >:V
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-07-17 at 11:09 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwek View Post
    Why would blizzard need to update questlines involving Dalaran because of it going to the Alliance? lvl 80 Dalaran will still be as it is but what will happen is that we will perhaps get a new one adjusted for lvl 90 where Jaina is the leader. If they intend to keep Dalaran where it is then they can easily use the Phasing system, and if they decide to move the city they can just copy+paste it and edit the city a bit.

No Questzones is getting affected

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 10:42 AM ----------

But I dont see how this can affect your leveling? Dalaran will still remain as it is during your journey in Northrend. When you reach the current time your character will learn that Dalaran changes into a faction city.

Yes, its kinda early for us to say it's going to be an Alliance city. Maybe its only Kirin Tor that goes Alliance, but then I doub they would accept most of the Horde presence.

I'd actually be very surprised if we had an Alliance-only version of Dalaran that acted as an actual town or city. As I said before, my guess is if we see modern Dalaran at all, it'll be in a quest event or scenario.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Yet they wouldnt NEED to have to do so because having a new Dalaran in the *present* (Pandaria, 2012) doesnt influence old Dalaran in the *past* (Northrend, 2009).
    which again is just more inconsistency in the story
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Yeah exactly, Dalaran will NEVER be moved from Northrend, and therefore will never go Alliance only.
    It is the capital of that expansion, and as the expansions taking place in the past/different time zones, they can't just take away the main city and relocate it to somewhere else entirely.
    Dalaran was first able to be moved to Northrend, as it served absolutely NO purpose in the old world, we weren't even able to enter it, it was just a huge glowing shield in the middle of nowhere.

As for the idea of having 2 Dalarans, that is also highly unlikely, Blizz will never even consider that.

The quote you all are using to "verify" that Dalaran is going Alliance, isn't stating that in any way!
    He was merely talking about Jaina herself, changing from peace ambassador and Horde-friendly character into a full-support Alliance char, giving up her neutrality after Theramore being blown to pieces.

That she will someday lead the Kirin Tor, after Rhonin is gone, is an interesting story-arc but it has nothing to do with the Kirin Tor and Dalaran going Alliance-only all of a sudden.
    Rhonin is still there, as far as we know he has nothing to do with anything that is going on with Theramore or Pandaria, so why on Azeroth would he suddenly die; from old age? Hardly.

Even if Jaina was to lead the Kirin Tor sometime down the road during MoP, she would just have to cope with the Council, and the Sunreavers and Horde presence in Dalaran, revoking all the accomplishments done in the past and it would lead to a huge battle inside of the magocraty(sp?) -- the Kirin Tor are kinda like the Cenarion Circle, or Earthen Ring, where mages (druids, shaman) from both factions work together in a friendly/neutral way, setting all the animosities the faction may have otherwise, aside.

Okay first things first, Nothing is Confirmed
    Second. the book and Mists arnt out yet
    Third. Changing Dalaran into an Alliance faction would require a replacement for the Horde, ie dailys, vendors, any npc.
    Forth. Jaina may take leadership of Dalaran BUT Dalaran is ruled by the Council of six not 1. 3-4 members are known on this council, 1 of which is a blood elf aligned with the Horde.
    Fifth. blizz want to fix the time issues faced in Bc and wrath, making dalaran in 2 locations will only create further time gaps.
    Sixth. Jaina's rage may only be to garrosh and his Horde, she may still realise Thralls work to build a better Horde, After Baine went to Jaina for help do you really think she'd just go against him? She is out to get Garrosh and whoever follow him, not to destroy the horde completely. Why have the final raid at org if the Alliance arnt going to take the city and slay all the horde members ie women and children if there soo strongly against the Horde. The Final raid is to dethrone garrosh and put a stop to his conquest, not to end the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    which again is just more inconsistency in the story
    I don't know about you mate, but my Northrend story ended when I took the boat home.

Deleted
    A side note, I heard that DW wing would move people from sw/org to spend their time in dalaran instead. Is that the case now, that it's like back in wotlk again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    A side note, I heard that DW wing would move people from sw/org to spend their time in dalaran instead. Is that the case now, that it's like back in wotlk again?
    Deathwing wing?
    Dualwield wing?
    Doomwalker wing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Deathwing wing?
    Dualwield wing?
    Doomwalker wing?
    yea the dw raid =) the endest of endgame raid that seems to be in system now. It made dalaran alive again?

15+ Year Old Account
    yea the dw raid =) the endest of endgame raid that seems to be in system now. It made dalaran alive again?
    The fuck am I reading here,this makes no sense,like your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    Why have the final raid at org if the Alliance arnt going to take the city and slay all the horde members ie women and children if there soo strongly against the Horde. The Final raid is to dethrone garrosh and put a stop to his conquest, not to end the horde.
    Am I the only one who imagined Jaina bringing the whole floating city of Dalaran to Orgrimmar's doorstep to kill Garrosh while reading this thread? This would solve an issue with the last raid: Where to put the final raid's portal (on Dalaran somewhere). Of course that would mean that it's neutral, or that the Horde will have something similar.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you'd call a raid a wing. And no, it hasn't. The only reason why Dalaran would be more alive nowadays, is that it has a portal to Caverns of Time, where the actual "deathwing raid" is located.

Quote Originally Posted by jishdefish View Post
    Am I the only one who imagined Jaina bringing the whole floating city of Dalaran to Orgrimmar's doorstep to kill Garrosh while reading this thread? This would solve an issue with the last raid: Where to put the final raid's portal (on Dalaran somewhere). Of course that would mean that it's neutral, or that the Horde will have something similar.
    I want you to imagine Jaina piloting Dalaran to land straight ontop of Garrosh's throneroom. With -and this is important- the 'truck backing up' beeping sound.

Let's be honest, Blizzard won't do anything like that for the Alliance. If anything happens it'll all happen in a book with no effect in the game. All the razzmatazz and in-game plot development will go to Horde quest lines.

I bet Jaina's in-came development will be about as in-depth and engaging as the Alliance's opening sequence for Twilight Highlands...oh wait...as in-depth and engaging as the Worgen storyline has been after their starting quests...oh wait...

But it's ok, after the Horde are done having their fun and curbstomping Theramore and the Alliance, you'll have the honor of helping Green Metzen Jesus, who shall allow you into Orgrimmar for the express purpose of helping to get rid of Garrosh, after which you will leave with nary a doilie tarnished. You Alliance will not defeat the Horde. The Horde will defeat the Horde, you'll just be allowed along in a patronizing manner so Thrall can lecture Varian about peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well that would be cool for sure, I can't wait for the book, but the Question is will Dalaran still be in Northrend or back in Arathai Highlands (Lordaeron)
    unless they get rid of all the forsaken that have ventured down there I doubt it ): Would be cool though