Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    By this logic Jaina should be an end-game boss due to the actions of General Hawthorne and his forces in the Barrens, just because they wore the colours of Theramore in the same way that Sylvanas and her forces call themselves Horde. Hawthorne paid the price for what happened in Theramore, and even then he was both extremely merciful (having left gaps for civilians to escape) and regretful ("There are some, even in Alliance High Command, who argued that I let an opportunity slip away. That I should've taken hostages. But I don't see the value in those sort of terror-tactics. Hear me out, <name>: I want this war to end someday. It won't ever stop if we butcher or imprison civilians.")

The same can't be said for Sylvanas and the Forsaken who are wholly responsible for their own actions, whatever Garrosh's shortcomings.
    You put the counterpoint yourself: the Alliance didn't do half of what the Horde did in terms of aggression. The assault on the Barrens was basically the only Alliance assault upon Horde territory in Cataclysm. The Alliance doesn't have any reason to know Sylvanas is a loose cannon besides what some Worgen who listened in at the Cathedral in Gilneas would have told them. Sylvanas isn't the only reason the Alliance is mad at Garrosh, he's ordered or was blamed for plenty more. Also, the upcoming razing of Theramore seems to be his own idea.

And let's all keep in mind that Garrosh will be a boss in the final raid of Mists of Pandaria. We've got at least two large patches of content to show us what else he's got up his metaphorical sleeves. Theramore is the first step and we'll have an entirely new continent to ruin. He'll be up to a lot more by the time we come take his loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The whole reason Dalaran is going back to the Alliance is to make up for losing Theramore.

Horde doesn't need a new faction, except perhaps for one to put their pre-existing mages in.
    So is it actually definitely going back to Alliance?

Horde magi could just hang out in Silvermoon; maybe work on fixing it up a little and replacing the fel crystals. Could make for some fun rivalry between Rommath and Aethas.

This really isn't going to happen as it breaks the entire Wrath of the Lich King expansion from a design perspective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    The Human Kingdoms are coming back in power! After Dalaran it will be Kul'Trias and Stromgarde. Then Gilneas. Then straight to Lordaeron! Glory to the Alliance!
    I loled hard after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    You put the counterpoint yourself: the Alliance didn't do half of what the Horde did in terms of aggression. The assault on the Barrens was basically the only Alliance assault upon Horde territory in Cataclysm. The Alliance doesn't have any reason to know Sylvanas is a loose cannon besides what some Worgen who listened in at the Cathedral in Gilneas would have told them. Sylvanas isn't the only reason the Alliance is mad at Garrosh, he's ordered or was blamed for plenty more. Also, the upcoming razing of Theramore seems to be his own idea.

And let's all keep in mind that Garrosh will be a boss in the final raid of Mists of Pandaria. We've got at least two large patches of content to show us what else he's got up his metaphorical sleeves. Theramore is the first step and we'll have an entirely new continent to ruin. He'll be up to a lot more by the time we come take his loot.
    Granted, but saying that 'Garrosh' is the final raid of Cataclysm is only going to end in the same disappointment as Cata when we found that the once great schemer, Deathwing, was but a toy of the Old God N'Zoth (who we've never even seen yet), whilst even before MoP we already know that Garrosh isn't the true villain given that Sylvanas is much worse. Blight-fuelled genocide upon men, women and children that leaves the lands they conquer tainted and uninhabitable for potentially centuries, and the very act of Necromancy which goes against all that is Holy in the world of Azeroth where morality is very clearly defined, sets a bar too high for Garrosh to beat.

Now, if he declared that his diet in MoP would consist of the blood and flesh of Alliance newborns, then he might begin to seem as bad as Sylvanas, but thus far the Alliance have the killing of a scapegoat to look forward to, with the Horde's help. What a shameful way that'll be to end the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    This really isn't going to happen as it breaks the entire Wrath of the Lich King expansion from a design perspective.
    I honestly don't think they care about that. At level 68, you enter Northrend and theres a giant image of bolvar on the frozen throne. Wyrmrest temple is still intact when it is supposed to be broken. Same goes for Dragonblight.

It is possible, but we don't know if it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the latest story development in Cataclysm I don't think Blizzard cares about what happens up north.

The Dalaran in Northrend isn't going anywhere, the amount of work ($) it would take to remove it would be enormous. Of course Blizzard could outdo themselves, but how many times do they actually do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The Dalaran in Northrend isn't going anywhere, the amount of work ($) it would take to remove it would be enormous. Of course Blizzard could outdo themselves, but how many times do they actually do that.
    It doesn't have to go anywhere. Blizzard would use the "It's in a different timeline" argument and create a clone of it in the old world. Sure it sounds stupid from a lore perspective but we all know Blizzard is not going to outdo themselves if they did move it.

Deleted
    What on earth does Dalaran have to do with the war effort? It's supposed to revolve around naval battles. Introduce Kul Tiras for fuck sake. They're perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's a minor glyph, and it's intended as a joke. It's presented as an old Teleport: Dalaran glyph which teleports you to the Dalaran crater (as in, a glyph that was created by someone before Dalaran was rebuilt).

They're not gonna change Dalaran into an Alliance only city. It's simply not going to happen.

You guys are making huge leaps based on the info that's been given. They say Jaina won't be neutral in the novel, that she's next in line to lead of the Kirin Tor. It's a titanic leap to read that and say "OMG Dalaran is becoming Alliance only and moving!" or "OMG we're gonna get two Dalrans!"
    <snip>
    Frankly, I'm a bit annoyed at all the emphasis being placed on her role in the Kirin Tor and the city of Dalaran with no mentions of Kul Tiras. Considering the novel's title and seafaring stuff going on in this expansion, I'd say it would be more logical for her to retreat to Kul Tiras and get her brother to formally join the Alliance, turning Kul Tiras into a new Alliance city.
    I believe you are right on the money. Kul Tiras is a more likely choice. For any of you who played WC3, Jaina sought a more peaceful relationship with the Horde, directly contradicting the desires of Admiral Proudmoor and the Marines. With her refuge destroyed (and her vision along with it) she will most likely go back home, where she knows the Marines have no love for the Horde, and instead of hindering their efforts as before, she can greatly aid them instead.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

I don't think dalaran will go alliance because the pandaren hubs have portals to dalaran (including the horde hub). would an alliance city allow the horde to open portals to it?

we don't even know when jaina goes to the kirin tor. it may as well be by the end of MoP, when garrosh is already dead. she may spend the whole expansion non-neutral and turn neutral at the end.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't think dalaran will go alliance because the pandaren hubs have portals to dalaran (including the horde hub). would an alliance city allow the horde to open portals to it?

we don't even know when jaina goes to the kirin tor. it may as well be by the end of MoP, when garrosh is already dead. she may spend the whole expansion non-neutral and turn neutral at the end.
    If they do make a Alliance Dalaran, the one in Northrend will stay intact while they make a "new" one somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

Think of the Dalaran portal as "the old one" in Northrend. The timeline is screwed up and I don't see Blizzard fixing it if Dalaran does go pure Alliance.

If they did "copy it" then it would just feel like there's two Dalarans in the world. They would have to instance it, else it feels clunky.

This really isn't going to happen kids

Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    I could actually see something like this happening. She gets uber pissed about theramore, travels to Dalaran, and literally uses her insane amount of magical power to throw the horde off of the flying city, thereby killing thousands and really lighting the fire of the renewed war.
    I dont see how jaina would ever do such a thing. Surely even if jaina does rule dalaran she would keep it as a neutral place. Jaina has always been on good terms with Thrall and I doubt she would want to give up on the rest of the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    How....? Northrend is considered the "past" to our level 85 characters. With the launch of MoP, We would be living in the current timeline where the Kirin Tor is now ruled by Jaina, Alliance specific, and has moved Dalaran back to Hillsbrad.

Bornakk posted this a while back addressing this very issue when people think moving on with the story "breaks" a timeline.

"You have to consider the changes with some form of leniency, while technically you could say that if the story progresses then we need to remove a bunch of the content from Outland and Northrend as those are over - but for numerous reasons, you can probably see why that would be a bad idea. This is the same type of thing that happens by just having a persistent world, just because one quest was completed where something was killed doesn't mean it vanishes from your sight forever. While a level 80 doesn't need to return to the locations of Outland and Northrend and can focus on the new stories - a new character hasn't helped defeat the villains in those areas so they still need to answer the call and fight them off (or in the terms people are tossing around, they need to level)." - WoWWiki Nothrend page

Now, I don't have enough solid evidence to say for certain that Dalaran will be moved. All we can really know is that Jaina is the new Kirin Tor Leader and she will not be neutral. You have the Horde fan boys that will complain about "losing" a faction/city but you have to realize... You destroyed Theramore... This is all beta and you people complain like it was just implemented on the live system. Although something seems that way based off of datamined spells or vague quotes, it doesn't say in black and white (or blue) that Dalaran is a new alliance only city and it will be moved. We can only wait for more detail and keep our heads on instead of going out for blood.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

If they did "copy it" then it would just feel like there's two Dalarans in the world. They would have to instance it, else it feels clunky.
    I honestly would not be surprised if they left Dalaran exactly where it was and didn't kick the Horde out of it, but just said it's Alliance now in the present timeline. Nothing actually changes, we're just told we have a new faction we never see anywhere.

I said design perspective. I never mentioned lore.

You can't just remove the focal point of an entire expansion. It serves no purpose.

The "neutral" part in the original post was about Jaina herself being neutral in that she was a defender of peace. This is her joining in an offensive against the Horde. It's really got nothing to do with Dalaran becoming Alliance only

10+ Year Old Account
    This really isn't going to happen kids
    You spoiled my fun