Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Oh I have thought about what has been said and what has been presented. Metzen said this was just the beginning but I guess we won't know till it happens.
    Then he doubled-back at the press event saying we'd defeat Garrosh in the final raid, and end his term as Warchief.

Under most conditions, this means Thrall takes over and peace returns.

Unless if all of Siege of Orgrimmar is a lie.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Then he doubled-back at the press event saying we'd defeat Garrosh in the final raid, and end his term as Warchief.

This expansion doesn't have to be three patches, they could make it drag on as long as they want.

LOL who says Garrosh is enough? After this I'm sure the Alliance will want more blood. And we all know Varian won't stop at Garrosh.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

All things considered, this has got me thinking.

Is MoP too little time to have all the war people want? Should we have one more expansion after MoP that takes the war up to 11 and does all this crazy stuff like moving capitals around?
    I think it's pretty much a given that we'll go back to the two factions working together after this expansion (they even said something about it in the last Blizzcon), so Blizzard would better pack up all the war they can in this.

Wars can more pretty quickly, if the patches are released at the usual pace we could have a pretty decent escalation culminating in the siege of a faction capital. Is it going to be as much war as some people would like? Probably not, you can't please everybody. But it could bring a taste of factional conflict into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    All things considered, this has got me thinking.

Is MoP too little time to have all the war people want? Should we have one more expansion after MoP that takes the war up to 11 and does all this crazy stuff like moving capitals around?
    Well to be honest they may have missed a golden opportunity to do what they do now, in Cata. It would have really tied in well and made the changing landscape part of the expansion more. I don't mind they didn't though, this is all in hindsight.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL who says Garrosh is enough? After this I'm sure the Alliance will want more blood. And we all know Varian won't stop at Garrosh.
    But Metzen also said Varian would be the greatest human king ever.

What? Being a warmongerer like Garrosh?

It's not adding up. The press event pretty much all said "MoP is it." While Blizzcon said "There's more."

I'm tempted to go with the Press Event since it was more recent. Seems either Morhaime or Activision said "no, MoP is all."

Jaina doesn't run Dalaran, the Kirin Tor do. They are neutral. Also, Dalaran as it exists now is in WotLK state which means it will stay neutral unless Blizz actually makes another copy of it somewhere else.

But Metzen also said Varian would be the greatest human king ever.

What? Being a warmongerer like Garrosh?

It's not adding up. The press event pretty much all said "MoP is it." While Blizzcon said "There's more."

I'm tempted to go with the Press Event since it was more recent. Seems either Morhaime or Activision said "no, MoP is all."
    You say things like "Warmonger" I say things like "Revenge well deserved.". And that greatest human king just reassures to me that things are changing and the the true original Alliance of Human kingdoms is coming back.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well to be honest they may have missed a golden opportunity to do what they do now, in Cata. It would have really tied in well and made the changing landscape part of the expansion more. I don't mind they didn't though, this is all in hindsight.
    Cata was a letdown in that light. I remember when the second major lore point was "The Allaince and Horde fighting over Azeroth's limited resources."

All we got was 3 zones of that, sadly. It was overshadowed by the PvE crowd.

Not going to lie, but Blizzard is nearly out of ideas. They've clearly given up on getting people out in the world (portals added to the Shrines was the killing blow), and it looks like they gave up in Cata on adding PvP elements into PvE storylines.

I think we're going to see the Wrath model being the default content/story model going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Jaina doesn't run Dalaran, the Kirin Tor do. They are neutral. Also, Dalaran as it exists now is in WotLK state which means it will stay neutral unless Blizz actually makes another copy of it somewhere else.
    Have you not listened to this yet ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAD79...ature=youtu.be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    is she even powerful? what has she done, i don't read the books but i mostly here about what she DOESN'T do which is "get involved in anything".
    Canonically, she's one of the most powerful mages on Azeroth; she was Antonidas's pupil back when he was the ruler of the Kirin Tor (and Antonidas is fairly legendary after his death). It's one of those situations where she has a ton of power, but doesn't go around flashing it because she feels no need to.

Mildly interested to see where they go with this, from her voice file it's apparent she's really calmed down after Theramore. Would like to see her take a logical approach to this as opposed to Varian's emotional.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran will be Theramore's replacement for sure.
    Did kosak, somewhere in his tweet, said that Jaina now rules Dalaran?

Antonidas's pupil back when he was the ruler of the Kirin Tor
    He was NEVER the ruler, dalaran has worked under a council since its creation, with a magocracy (democracy of magic-users) as government style.
    As for why they are both refered as "leaders" nearly everywhere must be simply because they are (were, in the case of Antonidas) the most notable members of the Six.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-07-17 at 04:49 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Canonically, she's one of the most powerful mages on Azeroth; she was Antonidas's pupil back when he was the ruler of the Kirin Tor (and Antonidas is fairly legendary after his death). It's one of those situations where she has a ton of power, but doesn't go around flashing it because she feels no need to.

Mildly interested to see where they go with this, from her voice file it's apparent she's really calmed down after Theramore. Would like to see her take a logical approach to this as opposed to Varian's emotional.
    From what I understand Kalecgos helps her calm down in the novel.

And I'm glad to see you put one of the most powerful instead of the most powerful. Because the most powerful mage is a certain snake-woman under the Maelstrom.

Why are you even bringing Dalaran into this? Or even bringing up a city at all? There is nothing to indicate any of that.

All this was in response to the fear that she would become neutral. That will not happen. That is all that can be taken from what the OP posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    It's from datamined voice quotes. Also I think it's mentioned in the new Jaina novel.

like 500th time in thread this has been posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Why are you even bringing Dalaran into this? Or even bringing up a city at all? There is nothing to indicate any of that.

All this was in response to the fear that she would become neutral. That will not happen. That is all that can be taken from what the OP posted.
    That's why Dalaran is the point of discussion.

We know Jaina takes over Dalaran. We know Metzen said she would no longer be a peacemaker.

So the logical jump is that Dalaran would no longer be neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Datamined beta sound files have Jaina talking about how Kalec talked her down from the brink of a psychotic breakdown, and pulled strings to get her elected as the new head of the Council of Six, replacing Rhonin (no word on whether he dies, voluntarily stepped down to settle into a family man's life, stepped down to resume adventuring, or was ousted for some reason). Beta being beta, it might not go live, but Kosak seems to be pretty confident that it will, seeing as he responded to the whole 'Jaina going Neutral' bit (which I still would have liked, but it is what it is) that sprung up when the sound file started circulating.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

like 500th time in thread this has been posted.
    Ruling Kirin Tor =/= Ruling Dalaran.

The Kirin Tor is not neutral.

Dalaran is one of the seven human kingdoms, it's always been part of the Alliance. The reason they relutanctly allowed some Horde (mages and adventurers, mostly) is because the Aspect of Magic had gone insane and wanted to capture/kill all mages in Azeroth. Then they realized Yogg-Saron was about to break loose. Then the Lich King needed his teeth kicked in. It was all matter of having a common enemy. Those problems have all been solved in Wrath of the Lich King, and the Horde was allowed to still have a representation in the Kirin Tor via the Sunreavers because of their services. But if they did in fact steal the Focusing Iris and helped blow Theramore up with it, don't be surprised if the council simply gives them the boot.

The Kirin Tor aren't like the Cenarion Circle or the Earthen Ring. Their relationship to the Horde is more like Vol'jin sending emissaries to Stormwind to ask for help dealing with the Zandalari: an alliance of convenience to defeat a common enemy. Once that's done with, everybody goes their separate ways.