Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Blizzard won't be doing significant changes post-Cata. When fans asked them about the future of Gilneas, their reaction was, "what??".

Neutral faction portals for Dalaran are already in MoP. At the most, they'll move a certain NPC to Dalaran.

You guys should know what to expect by now. You think they're going to spend time on old cities, now!?

Not a fucking chance in hell.
    You know, now that I think about it, you're right, they'll probably just move Jaina to Dalaran and replace Rhonin and give her some speech, if any... kind of sad actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    From my understanding the focus here has shifted from an argument on can it happen (which is a yes) to a discussion on how it could happen.

We've managed to sidestep the workload idea by just saying "do it in a MoP patch".
    It's the thread title of "Pretty Much Confirmed" gets on my nerves. What a ridiculous misinformation. I won't say it's impossible in the future (like revamped Strom, flying in SMC LOL). But to say it's "confirmed" is a fucking joke.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    You know, now that I think about it, you're right, they'll probably just move Jaina to Dalaran and replace Rhonin and give her some speech, if any... kind of sad actually.
    As much as I'd love more revamps. They aren't going to happen. And to say they are "confirmed" just.....*grumble grumble*
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-07-17 at 07:36 PM.

That's how they roll, just look at Exodar, Silvermoon and Stormwinds park to name a few examples^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it. I just hope they move the damned NPC. Blizzard is so fucking stingy, I wouldn't put it past them if she just disappeared.

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That's how they roll, just look at Exodar, Silvermoon and Stormwinds park to name a few examples^^
    Right, and people can cite Cataclysm as a big example of revamping the old. But they made it abundantly clear that that was a one-time deal. I mean, they aren't even going to bother with DW's fresh, molten claw marks 2 years later. You'd think people would know what to expect by now.

They won't update anything unless they can squeeze a player time sink (trolldungeons) out of it.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-07-17 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    That won't happen, the alliance is going to be compensated for losing theramore. Remember, we lose a major city in mop(Even if it's only lorewise, it was still a city), it would only be right to give us a new one. The horde didn't lose one.
    There is no "fair" when it comes to war.

And suddenly we moved on from fun speculation into Blizzard-bashing.

Can we have the speculation again?

Ejem, to the OP, I think wishful thinking is in effect here.

What exactly did Dave Kosak said? That Jaina isn't gonna be neutral. How exactly do you extrapolate that to Dalaran becoming alliance as well? I should remind you that the current council of six already has 1 specifically alliance member (Ansirem Runeweaver) and 1 specifically horde member (Aethas Sunreaver)

Ok so Jaina becomes a member of the Council of Six, that doesn't mean she suddenly get the authority to unilaterally force every mage on Dalaran to fight for the alliance. If you've read the books Day of the Dragon and Beyond the Dark Portal, you'd know that even back when Antonidas was in charge, EVERY SINGLE DECISION MADE BY THE COUNCIL was done by Vote. No exeptions.

So no, Dalaran isn't going to become alliance land. Jaina is gonna become a member of the Council of Six, and that's it.

I swear, some people will invent anything these days.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post

When speculating what's going to happen with Jaina, it's useful to bear in mind what the people who write and create her path as a character are likely to do. With that in mind, and the track record of the aforementioned writers/creators, it's hardly looking good; that's all that's being said and argued.

10+ Year Old Account

What's to speculate? The neutral faction portal to Dal is already up. I'm pretty sure it isn't there to distract us.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's to speculate? The neutral faction portal to Dal is already up. I'm pretty sure it isn't there to distract us.
    We have had 18 pages of speculation, why stop now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Ejem, to the OP, I think wishful thinking is in effect here.

What exactly did Dave Kosak said? That Jaina isn't gonna be neutral. How exactly do you extrapolate that to Dalaran becoming alliance as well? I should remind you that the current council of six already has 1 specifically alliance member (Ansirem Runeweaver) and 1 specifically horde member (Aethas Sunreaver)

Ok so Jaina becomes a member of the Council of Six, that doesn't mean she suddenly get the authority to unilaterally force every mage on Dalaran to fight for the alliance. If you've read the books Day of the Dragon and Beyond the Dark Portal, you'd know that even back when Antonidas was in charge, EVERY SINGLE DECISION MADE BY THE COUNCIL was done by Vote. No exeptions.

So no, Dalaran isn't going to become alliance land. Jaina is gonna become a member of the Council of Six, and that's it.

I swear, some people will invent anything these days.
    I, for one, was under the impression she was already on the Council. I guess this means she'll simply be trading her cool port citadel for that stupid circle in Dal with the others standing on it.

This will never make it to wow. They will probably skip 75% of what they "intend" to do in Mop just like in Wrath and Cata because of "lack of resources". It would take them too long to make a Horde capital in Northrend, and how will that phase anyway? Furthermore, they can't really change 1 element in a past expansion without phasing/changing the whole expansion.

-my thoughts, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Why build a popsicle stand in the desert when you can get a thread title that isn't misleading?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There's a difference there. Stormwind got its Harbor in 3.0.

But doing a major redo of a continent will never happen again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Both sides of the discussion already presented wild theories and predictions that Blizzard would probably never bring to reality, but this doesn't make the thread any less fun.

Besides, Blizzard is known to occasionally do things everybody thought they would never do. Who knows what they're planning for the following patches now they didn't have to remake the entire world in a single expansion? Because you can be 100% sure they already have people starting to work on the first major content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Why and, most likely, HOW do you think they could rebuild Dalaran in the middle of hostile territory in Hillsbrad, now owned by Undercity ?!? Unless Hillsbrad becomes alliance dominated area again, I don't see the logic of having Dalaran there.
    Not rebuilt, "moved back." But there will be two Dalarans set in different time periods.

From my understanding the focus here has shifted from an argument on can it happen (which is a yes) to a discussion on how it could happen.

We've managed to sidestep the workload idea by just saying "do it in a MoP patch".
    So you went from can it to how will it? Just because it can does not mean it will. Yes Dave psoted in his tweet she won't be neutral, but he did not state she will never become neutral. Hell she could kill a bunch of Horde before becoming neutral.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts exactly. Both sides of the discussion already presented wild theories and predictions that Blizzard would probably never bring to reality, but this doesn't make the thread any less fun.

Besides, Blizzard is known to occasionally do things everybody thought they would never do. Who knows what they're planning for the following patches now they didn't have to remake the entire world in a single expansion? Because you can be 100% sure they already have people starting to work on the first major content patch.
    All we've done here is devolved into second guessing. We're concocting theories that require either Siege of Orgrimmar to be a lie, or Blizzard's statements about how the reason 80-85 was so bad was due to the old world revamp was a lie.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference there. Stormwind got its Harbor in 3.0.
    And that was necessary to get to Northrend.

The OP's idea is not in any way necessary.

I, for one, was under the impression she was already on the Council. I guess this means she'll simply be trading her cool port citadel for that stupid circle in Dal with the others standing on it.
    For all intents and purposes she should had been (She was considered the strongest mage on azeroth before Knaak introduced his mary-sue Rhonin) but she wasnt.

My guess is because she fled the eastern kingdoms to start her own nation, so the mages didn't included her in the council. She was still a member due to being a mage, but not on the ruling body.

But still, the OP (And people agreeing with him) are being incredibly deluded to think that the kirin tor and Dalaran would become alliance. Even worst saying on the title that its "Confirmed". I read the tweet of kosak, dalaran was not mentioned AT ALL on it. We've know 3 things from sound-files in the beta, and dev tweets:

A: Jaina will become the new leader of the Kirin Tor.

B: Despite being the leader of the kirin tor she will not be neutral, she remains alliance.

C: She may (or may not) become more aggressive, deciding to get rid of the peace she's strove to find and instead go to war.

How exactly does this means EVERY OTHER MAGE will follow her, I have no idea. As I've said before, the Kirin Tor has never been led by a single person. They're led by a council, and while said council has a chairman (It was Antonidas, then Rhonin) every desicion made by the council is still subject to vote. So no, no alliance-exclusive dalaran.

Jaina is the newest member of the council of six and that's all there is to it.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)