Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rare Elites and Vanity Items in Pandaria

Hey y'all!!

So, wowhead made a wonderful list of new vanity items dropped by rare elites in Pandaria! (http://www.wowhead.com/news=204818/m...d-vanity-items)

-Pandaren Firework Launcher from Ahone the Wanderer: Summons a firework launcher.
    -Farwater Conch from Norlaxx the Outcast: Players can target an area within 1000 yards, granting the ability Watersight for 30 seconds. Once you have selected a place, you gain the new ability Droplet, letting you drop a large raindrop anywhere you like.
    -Rod of Ambershaping from Ski'thik: Encases the target in amber, preventing all action for up to 2 min. Any damage caused will break the amber. Does not work on players. (2 Min Cooldown). This looks similar to Ancient Amber from archaeology but can be cast on most anything.
    -Shard of Archstone from Havak: Use: Transform into a Mogu statue, becoming untargetable for 5 min. (30 Min Cooldown).
    -Hardened Shell from Nessos the Oracle: Throwing the item dismounts players.
    -Forager's Gloves from Korda Torros: Allows faster gathering of resources in Pandaria. Finally other races can compete with Tauren for herbalism nodes! It removes 1.5 seconds from herbalism and mining.
    -Crate of Kidnapped Puppies from Borginn Darkfist: Spawns 5 Kidnapped Puppies that look like Perky Pug. They last for 10 minutes or until killed. They can spawn with a variety of fun accessories like a fez, pink bow, pirate hat, or bone.
    Hozen Peace Pipe from Scritch: Increases reputation with the denizens of Pandaria by 1000. (5 Sec Cooldown) Is affected by rep gains.

-Hozen Beach Ball from Ik-Ik the Nimble: Transforms your armor into pants and a tank top and your weapon into a shovel.
    -Ai-Li's Skymirror from Ai-Li Skymirror: Transforms the player into a shimmery version of the target for 10 min, similar to Potion of Illusion. Does not work while mounted and against most hostile NPCs.
    -Eternal Warrior's Sigil from Gar'lok: Gives the buff Everlasting Frenzy: Restores 15% of health and mana every 1 sec. for 6 sec. Any damage taken will remove the frenzy. 5 min cooldown. So far, there aren't any in-combat restrictions on using this item, making it pretty powerful for quick regen.
    -Elixir of Ancient Knowledge from Krol the Blade: Increases experience gain by 300% for 1 hour.
    -Golden Fleece from Omnis Grinlok: May cause extra gold to drop whenever you kill a target that yields experience or honor. There is a small chance upon killing a mob that it will explode into Gold Coins, making the same noise and animation as Diablo treasure goblins.
    -Yaungol Wind Chime from Dak the Breaker: Charge at an enemy as a Yaungol, inflicting 50000 Physical damage to enemies within 8 yards and knocking them down for 2 sec. Unusable on targets above level 90.
    Imbued Jade Fragment from Karr the Darkener: Summons the vanity pet Grinder.
    -Hollow Reed from Nalash Verdantis: Summons the vanity pet Aqua Strider.

-Essence of the Breeze from Ai-Ran the Shifting Cloud: Gives you a 10 minute buff that lets you jump 5 yards farther.
    -Helpful Wikky's Whistle from Major Nanners: Summon Helpful Wikky summons a small Hozen NPC. Upon talking to him and telling him to forage, he will run away, periodically returning with Bag of Helpful Things. So far, these bags are empty.
    -Aqua Jewel from Sahn Tidehunter: Buffs you with Shimmering Water: increases swim speed by 50% and allows underwater breathing for 10 min. Also gives the player a watery appearance.
    -Mr. Smite's Brass Compass from Yorik Sharpeye: Turns you into Mr. Smite, the elite Tauren rogue from old Deadmines.
    -Kang's Bindstone from Kang the Soul Thief: Gives the player Stonebinding, a slight stone-like appearance and a chance for killing blows to turn enemies to stone instead of a normal death animation.
    -Bottled Tornado from Kal'tik the Blight: Jump high into the sky. Prevents falling damage.
    -Panflute of Pandaria from Moldo: Play the panflute, causing nearby critters to follow you for 15 min. (1 Min Cooldown)
    -Chalice of Secrets from Ai-Ran the Shifting Cloud: Turns you into a gloating Mogu with Ancient Ritual.

-Overgrown Lillypad from Sele'na: The tooltip reads "Grants one Druid ability based on class and combat role"
    -Magic Banana from Bonobos: Toss a magic banana on the ground, which will trip up the first person to walk over it. (30 Min Cooldown)
    -Dynasty of Steel from Nal'lak the Ripper: Summons a Whirlwind of Blades to fight for you for 10 min. (1 Hour Cooldown). It will spam Bladewind.
    -Battle Horn from Blackhoof: Blast a blaring horn, attracting enemies within 40 yards. (2 Min Cooldown)
    -Seed of Tranquil Growth from Nasra Spothide: Spawns a Tranquil Sprout that casts Rejuvenation and Healing Touch.
    -Terracotta Fragment from John-Dar references everyone's favorite Diablo templar: The summoned companion spams Mocking Blow, Cleave, and Challenging Shout.
    -Crystal of Insanity from Sulik'shor: Use: Increases all stats by 500 for 1 hour. Counts as both a Battle and Guardian elixir. (15 Min Cooldown).

The ones in bold are my personal favorites... what about you?

It is the first time Blizz has made so many toys drop from rares and although it may be very difficult to obtain them all, it will be very fun to attempt!!

What do you think about those items?
    Would they support world PvP?
    Would they be immense fun?
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-07-19 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend half a night killing them all on beta. These mobs seem to have a ridiculously fast respawn timer so if you just fly to the spot where the mob is supposed to be but it is dead/not there, just wait 5 minutes or so. Some items are just so-so. My personal favorite was the beach ball. Seeing boyfriends big fat tauren character wearing the beach outfit was hilarious!
    I expect some of the more valuable ones to be heavily camped though, like: hozen peace pipe that gives +1000 rep to pandaland rep
    or Elixir of Ancient Knowledge
    I have to say that finally finding out where Elixir of Ancient Knowledge drops is a nice slap across the face to all the people who have been crying that this will be a new blizzard store item
    Last edited by Snaige; 2012-07-19 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Spend half a night killing them all on beta. These mobs seem to have a ridiculously fast respawn timer so if you just fly to the spot where the mob is supposed to be but it is dead/not there, just wait 5 minutes or so. Some items are just so-so. My personal favorite was the beach ball. Seeing boyfriends big fat tauren character wearing the beach outfit was hilarious!
    I expect some of the more valuable ones to be heavily camped though, like: hozen peace pipe that gives +1000 rep to pandaland rep
    or Elixir of Ancient Knowledge
    I have to say that finally finding out where Elixir of Ancient Knowledge drops is a nice slap across the face to all the people who have been crying that this will be a new blizzard store item
    I believe the spawn times are set to be fast because they wish to bring PvP on the world (like many people trying to get those at once, and you know...) or they might change should MoP hit the live servers!

Scritch is in Kunlai, Not krasarang.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Scritch is in Kunlai, Not krasarang.
    Fixed... seems like the author made a mistake!

10+ Year Old Account
    also, if anyone has problems locating these rares, I used maps from this blog and they are all perfectly accurate. wowhead has so much data to deal with that is still a bit slow when it comes to direct mob locations

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    I believe the spawn times are set to be fast because they wish to bring PvP on the world (like many people trying to get those at once, and you know...) or they might change should MoP hit the live servers!
    i actually would really like to have those mobs on quick respawn timer of like lets say 30min
    will allow some world pvp and can have some fun guild activities while trying to get some valueable items

THIS if played right can get the most out of world pvp
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i actually would really like to have those mobs on quick respawn timer of like lets say 30min
    will allow some world pvp and can have some fun guild activities while trying to get some valueable items

THIS if played right can get the most out of world pvp
    I think with all the stuff in MOP, the whole idea "get people out in the world" will work.

I believe its to test everything out, similar to why the world bosses spawn quickly.
    (On Dark Iron, US Realm)

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    I believe its to test everything out, similar to why the world bosses spawn quickly.
    Well... while I know that this might be the case, it wouldn't really serve any purpose! People will think that (if the spawn is set to a day or so for instance) it won't be worth the time to find the rare elite when it has such a long CD and when many other people will try to get it... In other words, this would mean that the whole PvP idea is diminished!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-07-19 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... In other words, this would mean that the whole PvP idea is dimished!
    Which would go against one of Blizzards main goals for this expansion. Hope it doesn't change before live.

I am sure the spawn times will be much longer like other rares when it goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Overgrown Lillypad from Sele'na: The tooltip reads "Grants one Druid ability based on class and combat role" (but so far this doesn't actually work)<- It does work. My Windwalker monk got the Bear Hug ability when I used it. Note that you need to be in a Pandaren zone. Otherwise you will get an error when you try to use it.
    Surrounded by idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my This makes me love MoP even more! I hope it's released soon (tm)!

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    -Overgrown Lillypad from Sele'na: The tooltip reads "Grants one Druid ability based on class and combat role" (but so far this doesn't actually work)<- It does work. My Windwalker monk got the Bear Hug ability when I used it. Note that you need to be in a Pandaren zone. Otherwise you will get an error when you try to use it.
    Ermm... sorry! I just got the statistics from the list! Will remove that part!

-Forager's Gloves from Korda Torros: Allows faster gathering of resources in Pandaria. Finally other races can compete with Tauren for herbalism nodes! It removes 1.5 seconds from herbalism and mining.
    ¡Madre de dios!

Seriously though, awesome.

What happens when a tauren druid gets those gloves..?
    insta gather?

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    What happens when a tauren druid gets those gloves..?
    insta gather?
    I doubt that taurens benefits from these gloves... it would make it even more unfair then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there not any Krasarang, Jade forest, or Townlong rares? These items are amazing and for the first time ever i want to hunt rare mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are there not any Krasarang, Jade forest, or Townlong rares? These items are amazing and for the first time ever i want to hunt rare mobs.
    As of now no! None atlist that was added in the list... I will update it if more elites are added!