Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I WAS excited for MoP. Come on in and Listen

So I been in Beta for awhile but not actually played until recently.

First thing I did was create a Panda monk (of course LOL). I got up to 18 thinking WOW. This is freakin awesome. melee healing, powerful spells. I found a new Main..

Yesterday though I created a premade 85 Monk. After getting situated I was absolutely floored by the amount of Cooldown abilites they had. Offhand there was almost a complete bar of cooldowns. I was like wow. Not sure about this. Ill admit I am not a big fan of cooldowns.....

So then I copy of one of my 2 Resto Shamans. Uniqueness just went out the window. Healing is still basically the same but totems have been SEVERELY scaled back. While I admit dropping totems was somewhat cumbersome, I enjoyed changing my support style. Caster Heavy? Spell Haste. Need more Defense? Gotcha covered. Need more Damage instead? Here ya go. All that is gone. Only thing I'm holding on to the shamans now is thier healing style which I do enjoy immensely. But most of the totems you have are cooldowns (theres that bad word again). Want Healing Stream? Sorry still got 15 secs left before I can drop it.... Chain Heal grpahic glyph is freakin sweet though

The Resto Druid changes are very nice. I started 7 yrs ago with a Druid and shelved him during Cata cause I just couldnt get into the healing changes of the Druid. While SOME of it persists it's not as hectic in MoP (LB is 15 secs now and transfers all stacks to a new target). I can see myself bringing the druid back into play as my main.

I was pumped on leveling my classes but now I've lost some of the energy. Mainly on my Shamans. Im sure I'll still enjoy the healing but I think my "skill" just went out the window a bit.

I'd take some more cooldowns or shorter LB duration over freaking mushrooms any day.

I was expecting to read about some BS about MoP being "terrible", and I'm happy to say that didn't happen.

Deleted
    I think you'll find most people consider managing your cooldowns plenty more "skilled" than simply swapping totems, which can even be done 4 at a time nowadays.

I was excited about MoP, than I discovered warlock tanking wasn't intended and got unexcited.

than I tried pet battles. I'd still LOVE to have warlock tanking, but since pet battles are so SHOCKIN' AWESOME I don't think i'll have time to do any type of PvE at all. I'll put all my energy into becoming a great pokemop master
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am having some problems with my mana at the moment with my shaman, but that might be because I am still not used to only using totems "as needed" other than always having one out. I assume once you get used to the new totem style it will probably be nicer, but I am still not quite there yet. I do agree with the rest of the post as well.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobar View Post
    I was expecting to read about some BS about MoP being "terrible", and I'm happy to say that didn't happen.
    see i was expecting to hear some BS about MoP being ´´terrible´´ AND WHY its terrible... but that didnt happen... i basically didnt hear shit about why hes no longer excited about MoP.. all i saw was cooldowns and less totem use... is that all of it? no longer excited because less totem use for shamans and lots of CDs for the unfinished unbalaced monks? there are pvp videos of monks getting 150k+ crits.. they arent balanced yet.. was at least expecting to see some bs about that.. or lack of raid difficulty.. but any hint of constructive criticism, would have been fine. total waste of time... to the point where posting this, and not coming back to read other replies.. ever.. is less of a waste of time then reading that very short paragraph about this dudes PoV

The amount of cooldown/debuff management is what is making me consider leaving my main to Monk tank

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    So I been in Beta for awhile but not actually played until recently.

First thing I did was create a Panda monk (of course LOL). I got up to 18 thinking WOW. This is freakin awesome. melee healing, powerful spells. I found a new Main..

Yesterday though I created a premade 85 Monk. After getting situated I was absolutely floored by the amount of Cooldown abilites they had. Offhand there was almost a complete bar of cooldowns. I was like wow. Not sure about this. Ill admit I am not a big fan of cooldowns.....

So then I copy of one of my 2 Resto Shamans. Uniqueness just went out the window. Healing is still basically the same but totems have been SEVERELY scaled back. While I admit dropping totems was somewhat cumbersome, I enjoyed changing my support style. Caster Heavy? Spell Haste. Need more Defense? Gotcha covered. Need more Damage instead? Here ya go. All that is gone. Only thing I'm holding on to the shamans now is thier healing style which I do enjoy immensely. But most of the totems you have are cooldowns (theres that bad word again). Want Healing Stream? Sorry still got 15 secs left before I can drop it.... Chain Heal grpahic glyph is freakin sweet though

The Resto Druid changes are very nice. I started 7 yrs ago with a Druid and shelved him during Cata cause I just couldnt get into the healing changes of the Druid. While SOME of it persists it's not as hectic in MoP (LB is 15 secs now and transfers all stacks to a new target). I can see myself bringing the druid back into play as my main.

I was pumped on leveling my classes but now I've lost some of the energy. Mainly on my Shamans. Im sure I'll still enjoy the healing but I think my "skill" just went out the window a bit.
    I'm sorry, but you feel your "skill" went out the window while healing on your shaman, and the only thing you mention that was changed for the worse is your totems? That's it?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Monks are less CD-oriented than Rogues, Mages, and Warlocks. The only big CD you have to worry about (I haven't tested Brewmaster) is the teas/brews. And then, it's not so bad once someone codes a good addon to track the charges of Tigerseye Brew you have.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

related to shaman changes, it's much better now, before, was a simple passive buffs you throw out with 1 button. and 3-4 cds (like mana tide or earth elemental)
    now is much more reactive and fun, with more things to care about, the "rotation" of healers nowadays is so easy... i'm hoping for some difficulty increase on MoP.

Because dropping the same passive buff totems once at the start of the fight was so unique.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but you feel your "skill" went out the window while healing on your shaman, and the only thing you mention that was changed for the worse is your totems? That's it?
    Look ill admit i'm not the fastest person out there to respond to Burst damage. But now I've got to keep track of 10-12 cooldowns on top of doing everything else. I'm sorry I'm not "gifted" the amount of reflexes apparently 99% of the wow population has or that I'm not blessed with able to memorize 20 hot key combos is 5 secs. The adjustments are coming but they will focus mainly on damage vs survival fine tuning....not re-designing a class they already re-designed. I been playing long enough to know how Blizzard thinks. Besides it's just MY OPINION. I did mention that the current totems system could use some adjustment, but I prefer something in the line of Auras (I dont mean switch them to that)

The rest of the Expansion I'm enjoying thoroughly. Pet Battles is pretty neat and the leveling experience is fantastic. I dueled someone on my Resto Shaman last night and we ended up at a stalemate. He couldnt kill me (we both 86) and I couldnt kill him. But I sure wasnt running out of mana. He tried both Enhancement and Elemental. There was no time at all that I was concerned. Think he was able to summon Spirit Wolves 5 times before we just gave up. His Elemental Shaman ran out of power. Granted I'm sure things change at 90 and I absolutely adore Pandarans. Healing monks have 9 Cooldowns to keep track of. Some are short but others are in the 2min+ Dept.

Im also not a terrible fan of "well they have it, how come I dont???" Every Class has some kind of self heal. Every class has some kind of stun. Every class has some kind of speed. Maybe it's me but I miss the days that if you wanted to run fast you brought a Hunter. If you needed someone to stun you bring a Rogue. If you wanted heals you brought a Healer. Maybe I'm not cut out for the "new Wow."

Only time will tell and we'll see how the game goes. Maybe as I play more my views might change. But my INITIAL impression kinda took the wind out of my sails.
    Last edited by Locruid; 2012-07-20 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    Cool Thread OP.

And....Who cares. Opinions are Opinions, no need to make an new Thread. Dont like the Game? Cancel your sub. Oh you dont want to? So you just want on the "We hate WoW because its cool to do" train? Nice.

Thread Number 700.744.222.021,02

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Cool Thread OP.

And....Who cares. Opinions are Opinions, no need to make an new Thread. Dont like the Game? Cancel your sub. Oh you dont want to? So you just want on the "We hate WoW because its cool to do" train? Nice.

Thread Number 700.744.222.021,02
    Looks like someone didn't actually read the post he is referring to. Shame.

Deleted
    In read it. But my post was more about the Title. Its hard to find a title these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the Shaman totem changes pretty disappointing as well. Totems were tedious, but they were a large part of what made Shamans unique. I'm not really a big fan of the ones they've decided to keep as cooldowns.

On the bright side, my Hunter main is considerably more awesome in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    You're worried about there being a lack of skill in order to play the shaman class, but is putting totems on cooldowns not increasing the skill cap? I would think it would make for a more engaging experience rather then just dropping your totems and forgetting about them. I know you said you don't like cooldowns, but a skilled player needs to be able to time cooldowns correctly in order to excel at their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    the monk rotation is ultra fast and ultra boring.. it's like if they took Wotlk DK's speed and gave them the current frost rotation.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.