Page 1 of 2
LastLast

is mine craft free?

is mine craft free? can i get it on my andriod phone?

Deleted
    No its not free. As for phone compatibility, I'm unsure.

Actually, a quick google later came up with this :- http://www.minecraft.net/pocket

I know the classic minecraft is free but I do not think the newest minecraft is.

they've got a free version on the website, it's not nearly as good (MUCH older version, creative mode only) but it'll give you an idea. I believe it's PC only.

minecraft.net home --> Play minecraft classic (outdated but free!) --> single/multiplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be easier to just google for the info than to post a thread on it

10+ Year Old Account
    on the same note... I didn't wanna create a thread just for this. Is there anyone who doesn't play minecraft anymore, and is willing to part with their account? Kinda strapped for cash at the moment, and the situation isn't looking likely to change for a bit.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Duping View Post
    Nope: http://www.minecraft.net/store
    Really cheap anyways.
    Lol?!

really overpriced, considering they never delivered on their "Release" all the content that was supposed to be in the "Released" version of minecraft, is still not in the game.

Minecraft is fun, but its just the framework of a game that could be so much more, and it will never grow out of that setting, seeing as Notch is already busy coming up with a nice mircotransaction game to cash in on and the support for minecraft patches is falling on a single person.

Never should have been more then 10 bucks, and that is when i picked up the game, its fun, but you need friends and creativity to make it last more then 2-3 weeks of fun, that does not sound like much needed but the online is clunky and you have to host your own lobby with just personal friends or join 3rd party severs.

I really wish the game was better, but meh I got my time out of it.

OT: nope its a whopping 27 bucks YIKES!!!

Full version isn't free. The latest version (out soon) will allow a non-paying player to have 5 in game days before they have to buy it or make a new world.

Phone version looks garbage IMO.

The game is what you make it. If you think all games should be heavily scripted like Mass Effect or Call of Duty, it's probably not for you. It's an example of an indy project that works. Not for everyone, but they've certainly supported it a lot longer than most commercial offerings can be bothered to do.

And to the guy above me, $27 is £17. I've paid for a round of drinks that cost more than that. It's less than half the cost of most current console games.
    Last edited by Blackmist; 2012-07-11 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    Lol?!

really overpriced, considering they never delivered on their "Release" all the content that was supposed to be in the "Released" version of minecraft, is still not in the game.

Minecraft is fun, but its just the framework of a game that could be so much more, and it will never grow out of that setting, seeing as Notch is already busy coming up with a nice mircotransaction game to cash in on and the support for minecraft patches is falling on a single person.
    Completely how I felt about it. The idea is fantastic but its so empty, just the same thing constantly. You have seen everything the game has to offer after a few hours of solid play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Completely how I felt about it. The idea is fantastic but its so empty, just the same thing constantly. You have seen everything the game has to offer after a few hours of solid play.
    I felt like that myself, untill I learned about mods and playing with friends.

Holy shit, Minecraft is $27 now? That is pretty crazy considering it used to be $10.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Notch is okey with piracy. So it's okey to download it and crack it. He have said so himself! But you wont be able to play with 99% of the dedicated servers.

If you're 2-5 ppl who want to start just DL and start your own server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Notch is okey with piracy. So it's okey to download it and crack it. He have said so himself!
    I'd like to see where he said that. Considering that the splash screen says (C) Mojang AB Do Not Distribute!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'd like to see where he said that. Considering that the splash screen says (C) Mojang AB Do Not Distribute!
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...rate-his-game/

OP: If you can afford Minecraft, buy it. It's inexpensive and it is, quite simply, an amazing game. It's always a good idea to support developers of quality products.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    That being said, the redistribution of the .jar file is expressly prohibited by Mojang. You can go look at their terms of service on the Mojang website.

Deleted
    All I'm saying is that it is overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much time you get out of it.

I have paid for the game once but do not actually have the game sadly. Was about a year ago. My 13yo son wanted it, so hearing all the things about it i decided to let him have it while most likely checking it out myself. Told him to setup an account and let me know when he needed the credit card info. I went and put in my card and hit next. Later that night my son informs me he still can not access the game. I go to look at it and come to find out he made a typo when putting in his email. This might not have been an issue however he was unable to remember his password he setup just a short bit ago.

i contacted them via email, gave them proof of payment(think i used paypal, and sent the email from the same one on the paypal account used), the 'incorrect' email he had used and the correct one it should have been, and explained the situation. I never received a response. I also sent an email to the one he accidentally used(it was one letter off) as it was already a used gmail address, but to no avail. So they got my money but i ended up with no game. After that i was sure as hell not going to pay for it again. Of course i also learned my lesson with my son setting up accounts on his own. At this point i set up any of his accounts and enter any needed payment info, then give him the login/pass.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

15+ Year Old Account
    27$ is too much for a game? That's like a night at the movies with a girl if you're super cheap.