Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Actually countries that do that enjoy incredibly low teen pregnancy rates. Its virtually unheard of in parts of Europe.

And I agree, lots of unwanted children do cost more than free condoms and sex ed.
    True that - my sister had a friend who was 21 and already expecting her second child - and we were both like... holy shit.

My dad is 30 years older than me and everyone i met at Law school were like - Oh, your parents are really young.
    I can say that at least here, its uncommon to get kids before late 20s but it happens. They obviously made a television program about those dimwits who get kids at 16 and its painfully obvious that they arent the brightest.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I say we all write our congressmen to repeal the act that they passed in 1929 that restricts the house of reps. to only 435 fucking members. We need at least 3,000 more.
    if we can't get things to happen with 435 congressmen.. what makes you think anything more would get done with 3500?
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    if we can't get things to happen with 435 congressmen.. what makes you think anything more would get done with 3500?
    isn't that what you want, a completley ineffectual government that does nothing?

It's what you espouse on these forums
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course you could. Just imagine a congressman that is in your fucking district for at least 10 months out of the year and the government slary he gets won't be enough to live on. And instead of representing 50 counties, he represents your fucking town.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we all write our congressmen to repeal the act that they passed in 1929 that restricts the house of reps. to only 435 fucking members. We need at least 3,000 more.
    I can think of one really good reason for that, but I'm interested in yours. Share?

Also: I'm in favor of universal healthcare, but AHCA is not that. It is a pile of shit. I don't like shit. I like healthcare.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

do you believe that without extensive welfare programs and other social safety nets that low income people living in urban environments would not be able to take care of themselves properly?
    To an extent. Your comment seemed more like "omg teh Liberals in Urban Areas have a massive Conspiracy to create more Liberals and trap themselves in teh Urban Area!"

I live in one. If we do have some kind of conspiracy, I haven't gotten the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in one. If we do have some kind of conspiracy, I haven't gotten the memo.
    Due to government inefficiency, the memos were delayed. Stupid government is so bad and stupid!

/sarc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I can think of one really good reason for that, but I'm interested in yours. Share?

Also: I'm in favor of universal healthcare, but AHCA is not that. It is a pile of shit. I don't like shit. I like healthcare.
    One good reason for expanding our house of representatives? Because they are violating the fucking constitution. We shall not have more than 1 congressperson per 30,000 people, right now we are averaging 1 per 700,000, that is too much centralized power.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Due to government inefficiency, the memos were delayed. Stupid government is so bad and stupid!

/sarc
    LOL /10chars

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    isn't that what you want, a completley ineffectual government that does nothing?

It's what you espouse on these forums
    no.. and no it's not.. what I want is a small and responsive government that when it can't reach an agreement does nothing... more people would just mean more legislation and it would just bog down the system so badly that even things that NEED to be done.. such as reign in government spending would never get done..

technically you could accomplish the same thing with 3 people.. (and no I am not advocating reducing government to 3 people)
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

technically you could accomplish the same thing with 3 people.. (and no I am not advocating reducing government to 3 people)
    Yeah... Didn't the Romans try that, or something?

Where did my history books go...

One good reason for expanding our house of representatives? Because they are violating the fucking constitution. We shall not have more than 1 congressperson per 30,000 people, right now we are averaging 1 per 700,000, that is too much centralized power
    As far as I know, this was a proposed Amendment that was never passed. Do you have different information that I could review? I can't find this in the Constitution.

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, this was a proposed Amendment that was never passed. Do you have different information that I could review? I can't find this in the Constitution.
    Yea it was the one that wasn't ratified; I really like this group, but I don't know if shit isn't going to get done. Even crazy conservatives like ishootblanks should be able to get behind this.

http://www.thirty-thousand.org/index.htm

It's in Article 1, Section 2 (the long paragraph).

It sets an upper bound, but not a lower bound, for representatives per capita.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea it was the one that wasn't ratified; I really like this group, but I don't know if shit isn't going to get done. Even crazy conservatives like ishootblanks should be able to get behind this.

http://www.thirty-thousand.org/index.htm
    crazy people could get behind that.. I can agree with you there..

but no.. this many representatives for one would be so insanely expensive that we couldn't afford it.. for two.. there would never be an end to the campaigning and constant bombardment of political campaigning.. just imagine living in a state like california with 50 million people.. they would need 1667 congressmen.. could you imagine how huge of a cluster @#$% that would become?

not to mention it would rule states like Wyoming irrelevant as they would only get 17 representatives..

basically having that many congressmen would just assure that Los Angeles and New York completely dominate the rest of the nation in terms of legislating power..

15+ Year Old Account
    crazy people could get behind that.. I can agree with you there..

but no.. this many representatives for one would be so insanely expensive that we couldn't afford it.. for two.. there would never be an end to the campaigning and constant bombardment of political campaigning.. just imagine living in a state like california with 50 million people.. they would need 1667 congressmen.. could you imagine how huge of a cluster @#$% that would become?

not to mention it would rule states like Wyoming irrelevant as they would only get 17 representatives..

basically having that many congressmen would just assure that Los Angeles and New York completely dominate the rest of the nation in terms of legislating power..
    Read the site some more, they would be in your district for 10+ months. You could actually go talk to him. And there salaries would be reduced. I don't know why you wouldn't want to change this, it's making the government more responsive to its constituents and giving you a stronger voice. And it de-centralizes power in the legislative branch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post

Hmmm...to make this my signature or not, I just love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    Haha, it is good

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    I think I'm about to do it.

Haha, it is good
    I just went meta on y'all.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm about to do it.
    Though you know, and this is addressed to KingHorse too...

My favorite Mexican TV host once made a comment on why Mexican TV was of low quality ("titties and confetti"...which is true):
    Keep feeding people shit, and they'll learn to like shit.

Do you guys like my long tangent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.