Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MoP PVE Gear Progression

I thought for discussion purposes it might be nice to list out the ilvls of the different pve gear in MoP. Something interesting to note, there appears to be an introductory raid which has non-tier gear. Also they imposed a VP cap of 3k, so you can't save it all to upgrade your heroic pieces, unless you get to heroic modes extremely early.

ILVL 463 - 5 man Heroics
    ILVL 476 - Raid Finder Mogushun Vaults, a few 5 man heroic epics (only two currently, extremely rare and off the last bosses - a new version of deadman's ring)
    ILVL 483 - Raid Finder Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring, Conquest PVP gear (since pvp stats no longer count towards ilvl)
    ILVL 489 - Normal Mogushun Vaults, VP gear, craftable gear
    ILVL 497 - Normal Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (also all tier gear is from these instances)
    ILVL 502 - Heroic Mogushun Vaults
    ILVL 509 - Heroic Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (All heroic tier gear drops from in these two)

The most important thing to note is that there appears to be some gear gating, also VP gear is a half tier below actual tier gear. So the it appears that the intended progression is do Mogushun Vaults, gear up in 489, then progress onto Heart of Fear. Also note that Terrace of Endless Spring supposedly requires that you complete Heart of Fear first. I think this is a step in the right direction for increasing difficulty and giving most people a sense of progression. When there is only one raid, with all item levels the same, something is lost.

Deleted
    weekly cap for VP is 1k ?

No there is both a weekly cap and a total cap. You can only have 3k VP, not sure what happens if you go over this limit, but they set a maximum.

Deleted
    yeah you can earn 1k weekly (?) and have a maximum of 3k

Yes, that is correct!

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 05:25 PM ----------

One thing that I am interested in though is what ilvl justice point gear will be. Currently the vendor is in the game, but not yet active. My guess would be 5 man heroic level.

497 should be 496 according wowhead.
    Last edited by Trigunflame; 2012-07-17 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    Yes, that is correct!

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 05:25 PM ----------

One thing that I am interested in though is what ilvl justice point gear will be. Currently the vendor is in the game, but not yet active. My guess would be 5 man heroic level.
    Can u tell where JP gear vendor is located? and does anyone seen VP gear upgrade npc?
    ILVL 513 - legendary? (http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87212)
    Last edited by LukePL; 2012-07-17 at 03:00 PM.

A few more additions:

ILVL 463 - Scenario rewards
    ILVL 464 - Dreadful Gladiator Armor (honor)
    ILVL 470 - Hallow's End rings / Brewfast trinkets
    ILVL 476 - Dreadful Gladiator Weapons (honor) / Non-Raid craftable gear
    ILVL 489 - Malevolent Gladiator Weapons (conquest)
    ILVL 502 - Malevolent Gladiator Weapons (conquest + personal rating)

I couldn't find any craftable gear at 489 on wowhead or wowpedia, but it makes sense that the raid bosses will drop materials for gear at around that range.

One thing that's kind of notable is if you assume the same sort of required ilvl as in 4.3, you will need to be head-to-toe Heroics + Scenario just to get into the LFR for Mogu'shan Vaults, and even with one (or two) honor weapons and some crafted gear (none of the VP gear seems to be cheap enough for a first-week purchase), you'd need to pick up two or three pieces from that LFR (no gifting from guildmates now!) just to qualify for the LFR for Heart of Fear! I know hardcore guilds be hardcore, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a shockingly low number of guilds who have actually killed the normal Sha of Fear by the end of the first week.

Deleted
    Seems like a very nice way to approach things. I like the feeling that it's more of a linear progression and not as spread out as I heard T11 was (started raiding in T12), infact they may even be a bone to the top progression guilds - Paragon, KIN Raiders, Envy etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LukePL View Post
    Can u tell where JP gear vendor is located? and does anyone seen VP gear upgrade npc?
    ILVL 513 - legendary? (http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87212)
    both the VP and the JP vendors are at the same place. Nuziao (sp?) temple in Townelong Steppes. however, these are not supposed to be the typical "gear" vendors that we have on live currently. you wont actually buy "gear" from these vendors but you will buy "item enhancements" instead. at least that is the current idea for VP. and since usually a JP vendor is for "lesser" or "older" gear, im totally not sure what the JP vendor will offer once its actually implemented.

also note: the faction quartermasters are where we go to get pieces of gear once we have "repped" up with them. the epics ive seen at those vendors are 483 ilvl so far. some of these vendors also have lower ilvl blues as well. but each QM has gear that your class can use. unlike the current cata form where some vendors dont even offer usable gear for your class/spec. so we have a choice of which rep to focus on first (or do all at once which is possible).
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-07-23 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    A few more additions:

ILVL 464 - Dreadful Gladiator Armor (honor)
    ILVL 476 - Dreadful Gladiator Weapons (honor) / Non-Raid craftable gear
    ILVL 489 - Malevolent Gladiator Weapons (conquest)
    ILVL 502 - Malevolent Gladiator Weapons (conquest + personal rating)
    Why does PvP gear STILL have such an overly inflated high ilvl if PvP stats don't effect ilvl anymore? Shouldn't they be in the 200-300 range now?

this looks very nice pity darkmoon card will still be superior than heroic trinkets............unless!!
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Why does PvP gear STILL have such an overly inflated high ilvl if PvP stats don't effect ilvl anymore? Shouldn't they be in the 200-300 range now?
    The PVP gear has the same itemisation budget* as the equivalent-level PVE gear, it just has PVP stats as well.

*actually I think it might have like 1% less budget for the secondary stats.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 06:32 PM ----------

So for example the 483 int leather wrists are the Malevolent Gladiator's Bindings of Meditation and Malevolent Gladiator's Bindings of Prowess from Conquest points, and the Pearlescent Butterfly Wristbands from Raid Finder. All of them have 1217 Armor, 906 Stamina, 604 Intellect, and they all have roughly the same amount of secondary stats - the PVP bracers just have 241 resilience as well.

Are the acquisiton of honor/conquest the same? Or did it change in MOP?
    I did notice that the pvp gear had two secondary stats + pvp stats and often slots or a 4 piece bonus and skill enabler on gloves.
    Last edited by Hijiri; 2012-07-23 at 07:45 PM.

I started another thread on this topic because I hadn't seen this one. My apologies. This is really starting to look like Raid Finder is a required progression step now. This doesn't seem very attractive to me, frankly.

I've always enjoyed the typical 13 item level difference between both tiers. Right now in live, RaidFinder is half-a-tier in quality between heroic HoT 5 mans (or normal Firelands) and Normal DS. This seems logical and I was hoping this would continue. It gives people the option to skip RaidFinder altogether. Of course, I still wouldn't, just because it is a great tool for learning the raid content (LOL for the first few months before it becomes a crap shoot like it is now)
    Last edited by JulienPDX; 2012-07-23 at 10:51 PM.

I don't see the point in capping VP total. Weekly I understand, but total I do not.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm thats interesting.
    So you kinda have to do the bosses in order, even if the raids are in 3 differant instances, instead of just picking and choosing whatever?
    I guess i like it, saves the hassle of figuring out which boss is best to progress on next

Quote Originally Posted by JulienPDX View Post
    I started another thread on this topic because I hadn't seen this one. My apologies. This is really starting to look like Raid Finder is a required progression step now. This doesn't seem very attractive to me, frankly.

I've always enjoyed the typical 13 item level difference between both tiers. Right now in live, RaidFinder is half-a-tier in quality between heroic HoT 5 mans (or normal Firelands) and Normal DS. This seems logical and I was hoping this would continue. It gives people the option to skip RaidFinder altogether. Of course, I still wouldn't, just because it is a great tool for learning the raid content (LOL for the first few months before it becomes a crap shoot like it is now)
    With the VP and crafted gear at normal mode levels, I don't think it would be a huge step to go straight from 5 mans to normal modes if that's what you wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Juandisimo View Post
    I don't see the point in capping VP total. Weekly I understand, but total I do not.
    Well whats the point of not spending it :P

Also I like having to do things in order of tier, makes things last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    you will need to be head-to-toe Heroics + Scenario just to get into the LFR for Mogu'shan Vaults.
    With PvP gear not counting towards ilvl, it will be interesting to see how people fasttrack the requirement for LFR MV.
    I expect that crafted, BoE, and scenario gear will only get you so far.