Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "We just finished a pass making all pets that are caught via pet battles in the world non-tradeable."

Really? I mean, in Pokemon, someone could theoretically just sit around in the global trade center and never touch the rest of the game if they just keep trading up. Why not just make traded pets not count towards the achievements...? Make it so that you HAVE to capture them, and maybe have a little subtext below the pet's name that says whether it was "tamed" or "traded?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    I didn't even know that Wild Pet Trading was going to be a thing, but now that I do know and that it has been removed.. kind of upsets me because their reasoning is flawed. Of course in beta people will choose to buy the pet rather then hunt for it themselves. They haven't the time in beta. In live people will rather hunt for and capture the pet for themselves because they'll have all the time in the world to do so. Also only the very few will choose to buy the pet in AH. It's a catch 22. Only a real pet collector will pay gold for a pet. You see the conflict there? Real pet collector, obviously would choose nearly 90% of the time to go out and capture the pet for themselves. Removing the option to trade the pet, is simply unnecessary.
    This way they can sell more cash shop companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    This way they can sell more cash shop companions.
    While I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone, how does this affect the Blizzard Store sales? The ability to trade (or not trade) some pets from the store is not being affected at all. This update just makes WILD PETS that you actually capture unable to be traded, and I think it's a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by slayton View Post
    While I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone, how does this affect the Blizzard Store sales? The ability to trade (or not trade) some pets from the store is not being affected at all. This update just makes WILD PETS that you actually capture unable to be traded, and I think it's a good move.
    Because the only way to get easy access to pets and thus achievements is to buy them direct from Blizzard.

Because the pets off the pet store, and available from various vendors throughout the game are still able to be leveled and put on the auction house. So their stated reason of wanting people to not be able to cheat the system by buying high level pets to leap ahead doesn't work if they don't ban ALL pet sales or just give up and allow all of them.

In fact if I really wanted to tin foil hat, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the system goes live like this to see a sudden upsurge in new pets available on the blizzard store since most if not all on there are on their list of pets that will be of rare quality (meaning the quality of the pet, not their availability.) thus making them even more desirable.
    Last edited by KWC3587; 2012-07-24 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Because the pets off the pet store, and available from various vendors throughout the game are still able to be leveled and put on the auction house. So their stated reason of wanting people to not be able to cheat the system by buying high level pets to leap ahead doesn't work if they don't ban ALL pet sales or just give up and allow all of them.

In fact if I really wanted to tin foil hat, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the system goes live like this to see a sudden upsurge in new pets available on the blizzard store since most if not all on there are on their list of pets that will be of rare quality (meaning the quality of the pet, not their availability.) thus making them even more desirable.
    That's not really a conspiracy, that's business. People want to buy cute pets? Simply offer them more pets until interest wanes.

But by definition the people selling them on the ah are only doing business as well, and I don't mean unique pets as in cute, i mean in they'll have some move that ones in the game don't or are rare from the outset instead of you having to farm for a rare pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    Because the only way to get easy access to pets and thus achievements is to buy them direct from Blizzard.
    Or from Pet vendors. Or from getting off your butt and catching them yourselves. They didn't like the idea of people simply buying rare pets from the AH.

Think of it as having the ability to buy King Krush or other rare hunter pets from the AH. It takes away a fair bit of the awesomness, not to mention removes the reason they exist: to get people out into the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Being able to buy pets defeat the purpose of the PB metagame. You're not supposed to just buy a few good ones then roflstomp the trainers.

Deleted
    Blizzards wants people to get "out there" because that means people are playing and spending time in the game. Game-time = money. Of course players can still choose to sit around, but that does not mean that they'll continue to play - if you're bored you are sure to quit sooner rather than later. Offering unique pets via the store generates more income and keeps the pet battles interesting enough, which in turn keeps the game interesting. Sort of.

Deleted
    The boss is so cute. And her lore is sad Why can't we stop fight at 1hp and then she's back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Being able to buy pets defeat the purpose of the PB metagame. You're not supposed to just buy a few good ones then roflstomp the trainers.
    But even with this change you can still go to the ah buy a max lv darkmoon pets or some other pets and still rolfstomp as you call it thought the system so yea this fixes nothing.

And that is what pissing most of the people of that where looking forward to collect and sell, this lousy blue comment/reasoning that doesn't even make sense.
    because people can still buy rare quality max level pets its just less different pets but most likely enough to build a team anyway
    people will not explore more since the lazy people will just look the pets up for their super team and only specifically farm those and when they are done they will still sit in orgi and sw queuing.

basically after maybe one or two months the areas will be mostly desolated anyway because the majority of the people will have the pets they want and there's no incentive to go back out again.

for the other group of people that still will be going out for fun well they end up with rare or uncommon duplicates in there journal that will be useless and gathering dust.

tbh I will most likely do the same I the change stays as it is. And I will make a list of the pets I want in rare quality and only focus on those and fill the rest of the journal with commons.