Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My only gripe with 8GB sticks is how expensive they still are, especially if you desire high frequency and perhaps low CAS latency RAM.
    It may well be different over there, but here a kit of 16GB (2x8GB) cost twice as much as its equivalent 8GB (2x4GB) kit...

Picture of my simple setup taken with a crappy mobile phone cam.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post

-snip-
    Lol I have that exact wallpaper, weird.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It may well be different over there, but here a kit of 16GB (2x8GB) cost twice as much as its equivalent 8GB (2x4GB) kit...
    Actually, just looked up the Corsair Vengeance LP Black sticks in 4GB and 8GB versions. Some things are less than double the price, some are double, some are a little more. How confusing and annoying. I'm so used to the whole "buy more and save!!!" ideology.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Hooray for upgrades.

Asus GTX 690 and 3x BenQ XL2420T's

http://i.imgur.com/MgVlz.jpg

Stand arrived today so I can mount it all and add the accessory display.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    <snip>
    Weird, so b0sanac has the same wallpaper and a close real life friend of mine has the same speakers. I swear, they are bloody quiet and could use some more volume to them, don't you think?

---------- Post added 2012-07-24 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Hooray for upgrades.

Asus GTX 690 and 3x BenQ XL2420T's

http://i.imgur.com/MgVlz.jpg

Stand arrived today so I can mount it all and add the accessory display.
    Oh damn, we've got a contender for Cyanotical's competitor!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Weird, so b0sanac has the same wallpaper and a close real life friend of mine has the same speakers. I swear, they are bloody quiet and could use some more volume to them, don't you think?
    Yeah that's quite the coincident. Well the speakers are kind of cheap, only use them for some radio and watching series really.

Oh damn, we've got a contender for Cyanotical's competitor!!
    Aside from the insane level of buyers remorse initially...I'm pretty happy.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K currently at 4.0Ghz, going higher sometime soon.
    CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK-140 CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
    SSD: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5"
    Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 670 4GB
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)
    PSU: Corsair TX650M

Runs smooth an easy
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Just ordered one of these

Had to send my old HD6970 back under warrenty as it was faulty (power and fan issues), they gave me a £225 refund on the £240 card that I got last october ish, so then I decided to get an upgrade, equivlant Radeon (HD7970) was more expensive and the old one breaking left a bad taste, so decided to give an Nvidia type card another go, last time I did that was a Geforce 7900GT! (which died on me and turned me towards ATI/AMD).

A few new games coming out are already enough to put the HD6970 to its knees, namely Project CARS - Perhaps the best looking game ever.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-07-25 at 01:32 AM.

Nice card, the Windforce X3 cooler is really good (and quiet too).

my exact card right there BE FUCKING CAREFUL WHEN ITS RUNNING! the blades are sharp as hell and even at only 20% fanspeed i cut my finger when it touched the blades

But its a great card. running Crysis 2 maxed out graphics with no fps problems. didnt have a counter but i couldn't see anything indicating fps under 30. Running a 1920x1080 monitor.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Just got that card a few weeks ago. Runs super quiet and cools great. Crysis and Crysis 2 on ultra while running 2 monitors and recording with Fraps. You will not be disappointed.

CPU: Intel I7 2600K 3,4GHz @ 4,2 GHz
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    Memory: 4 * 4 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8
    GFX: Gainward GTX580
    Sound: Creative SB X-Fi ExtremeGamer Fatal1t Pro
    Drives: 240 GB OCZ Vertex 3, Plextor PX-820SA
    PSU: Antec HCG 750W
    Case: Antec Performance One P280
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ
    Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick: Logitech G19, G700 og Extreme 3D Pro
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

My card came today, amazingly quiet compared to my old HD6970, it really is in a different league in terms of noise. Happy to say that the jumbo jet leaf blower graphics card is a thing of the past.

Performance wise I'm really impressed, a bigger jump than I expected and it was able to run Project Cars at full settings with 8x AA/16x AF at 1920x1080 resolution, didn't have the fps meter up but it was silky silky smooth. Safe to say that I'm extremely pleased, can't believe how quiet the cooler is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    My card came today, amazingly quiet compared to my old HD6970, it really is in a different league in terms of noise. Happy to say that the jumbo jet leaf blower graphics card is a thing of the past.
    All reference cards are loud, and they will continue to be.

I have an HD6970, and I can easily say that it's the least noisy component of my build, wheras I cannot say the same about my Corsair PSU and Noctua NH-D14
    &nbsp;

I am posting specs for now, but will have some pictures to show off tomorrow hopefully!

ASUS P8Z77 motherboard
    Gigabyte GTX 670 video card
    NZXT Switch 810 Black full tower computer case
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD
    Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD *I think it's DOA. I turned on my computer last night after building it all day long and it didn't even recognize it but tomorrow I am cracking the case back open to do some mods so I will be checking to make sure all the wires all plugged into it*
    G.Skill Ares 1600 8GB kit
    Phanteks Blue 140mm Heatsink, with 3 fans
    Intel Core i5 3570k overclocked to 4.1GHz
    Kingwin 1000W PSU *I know you will say its over kill but I used 2 different websites calculators and will all the modding I plan to do I needed atleast 1000W as they both suggested. I also liked it because it was the color blue*
    Razer Naga Epic mouse
    Razor Tron Keyboard
    Razor Tron mouse pad

I have to say the heat sink I have is keeping my CPU really nice and cool. Never above 30c so far with the things I have done with it, which is mostly getting the software onto it and playing WoW. I don't really see the need to really push it and strain it just to see the results of it though :P

If you like it, it's fine.
    But you could run it off of a 360-400w PSU as it is right now.

My OCD made me say it.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    make sure you check your disc manager to see if that sees the hard drive. Sometimes they dont show until you format it there.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/rK9Gk.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 06:19 AM ----------

Oh guys, what about the GTX 570? I am thinking about getting one. I need to save up though, I am only 18... I have a GTX 460 now, but I am not satisfied anymore since it is a pretty old card now, series wise.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-07-26 at 06:28 AM.