Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Apparently. What am I looking at in this video? (aside from the otherwise normal pvp scenario.)
    There's an incredibly small amount of drag on the camera when it stops. It's incredibly minor and barely noticeable to most people but for some it apparently breaks their brain (using terminology from a previous post) and they just can't handle it.

It's also something my camera didn't do in the last event. I can see why some are frustrated but it's not a universal thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently. What am I looking at in this video? (aside from the otherwise normal pvp scenario.)
    Just some random pvp video showing no camera problems.
    I just don't see "The game is broken?" that the title of the post states.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    There's an incredibly small amount of drag on the camera when it stops. It's incredibly minor and barely noticeable to most people but for some it apparently breaks their brain (using terminology from a previous post) and they just can't handle it.

It's also something my camera didn't do in the last event. I can see why some are frustrated but it's not a universal thing.
    Oh THAT shit! I feel completely retarded right now. Not because I didn't see it in the video, but because I've read something like 200 posts in this thread and right up until you wrote that, I had no idea what anyone was even talking about.

Yeah I've noticed that. THAT'S what you guys have been talking about this whole time? O.o
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I have to admit I didn't get most of what he was complaining about. He was like "watch this" and then some normal movement happened... Even WoW has camera collision issues sometimes.

The only thing (from my playing) that I would like is the ability to zoom out further. Other than that, the movement and camera was almost as good as WoW's (though different), and better than most other MMOs I've played.

Personally I didn't find the camera too annoying, what was annoying with the camera though is the zoom in when you die. Every time I died in PvP I had scroll out to see where the enemy was to attack them.

Other then that I don't mind the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Keyboard turner + Same camera effects as WoW = Nothing to see here.
    My thoughts exactly. Keyboard turners and people that click abilities with the mouse shouldn't be complaining about things like this.

It's fun to note that the OP has removed voting and comments on his video. I guess all the logic got annoying for him.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Isn't it called camera stiffness in WoW? I actually like a slight delay/inertia/softness/whatever you want to call it. Too stiff and the game just feels a bit off for me, but too soft and it's a bit annoying. I like where it's at in GW2.
    Well this raises an important point. The camera is very 'stiff' and jittery in WOW. If your mouse vibrates just a little bit, then your screen does too. It makes the camera movements in WOW very abrupt and sudden. This - while on the opposite end of the spectrum - bothers some people as well. It can causes motion sickness, since the human eye cannot track a moving object with too much vibration - and may lead to headaches in some.

So basically, both too much camera "smoothing", and too little, can cause different people different problems. Of course, the simple and optimal solution to this issue is adding a checkbox in the options to turn "camera smoothing" on or off. Normally most companies can't be bothered to fix this sort of thing, but I believe ANet probably will.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post

It's fun to note that the OP has removed voting and comments on his video. I guess all the logic got annoying for him.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my

LOL.

Ahem.

But yeah, people need to realize that different doesn't automatically mean inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If you can't feel it, then enjoy the game. You've already paid for it, and I'm not trying to stop you. For me it's an annoyance. I do notice it. It's like the mouse is telling the camera where to go, but it's told to get there in a quarter second or so to make it look smoother. It's fast, but it's not immediate. I like immediacy. There is no way to turn this smoothing off. If I could ask them to do so, I would.
    I think this makes more sense. I tested GW2 on 2 different computers. One with an on board GFX card and the other with a pretty decent ATI card. The on board card played at about 13 fps and was very laggy. Turning left would turn left but it wouldn't stop when I stopped. It would stop about a half second later. The other machine worked a treat. I expected the one with the on board GFX not to cut it because it was under spec on the GFX side. I would guess that a lot of the problems people are complaining about are because of their graphics cards (either GW2 GFX issues or under powered).

I really can't see any issues here.

The camera zooms in and out when it comes in contact with the environment otherwise it would clip through walls. All MMO's do this.

That keyboard turning was terrible to watch (arrgh), why would anybody play like this?! It would annoy me too if I was forced to play this way. Luckily I change A,D to strafing and use the mouse.

There are animations in place when you strafe but that is only to make the character more fluid, if they didn't have this you would have instant direction change which would look unrealistic. Nobody in the real world can strafe instantly in the opposite direction, you decelerate then accelerate in the opposite direction. WoW doesn't have this but it also plays more like an arcade game.

Also post your hardware, when you went into that city it looked terrible. The game is still unoptimised, only using one procressor core. This may help you (even though I had no issues with the camera during beta so you may still be out of luck)

I use A and D as strafe and mouse turn. I don't have any issues with the camera or movement.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I use A and D as strafe and mouse turn. I don't have any issues with the camera or movement.
    Exactly the same way 99% of the rest of the world plays MMO's.

Exactly the same way 99% of the rest of the world plays MMO's.
    According to the video though - Most people don't use WASD.....

lol

Honestly, I like keyboard turners. They die the fastest in PVP most of the time. I learned to circle strafe in vanilla wow as a rogue and as a tank - never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you guys. This is now officially my favorite thread.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I love you guys. This is now officially my favorite thread.
    Wait...why? Do explain, I'm excited all of the sudden!

Wait...why? Do explain, I'm excited all of the sudden!
    Probably because people spent 21 pages arguing over what's arguably not an issue (which is what tends to happen when WoW fans come in)

Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Probably because people spent 21 pages arguing over what's arguably not an issue (which is what tends to happen when WoW fans come in)
    OOOOOOO...take that back. This thread will be closed quick than you can say LAWLPANDAS!

OOOOOOO...take that back. This thread will be closed quick than you can say LAWLPANDAS!
    My point is that people come in here and say "it's not like WoW, so it's bad", while the same (type of) people go/went into rift/swtor forums saying "it's just like WoW, it's bad"

Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    My point is that people come in here and say "it's not like WoW, so it's bad", while the same (type of) people go/went into rift/swtor forums saying "it's just like WoW, it's bad"
    While I agree, I wasn't being totally sarcastic. Bad mouthing wow will result in a closed thread or result in WoW fans flaming us which will also result in a closed thread.

I watch it and I have few holes into your arguments, well for one - I think wasd IS used by most unlike you stated that it is not. Also you are using A and D to turn - you should use strafe....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"