Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Orcs Must Die! 2

Who here is excited about Orcs Must Die! 2? It's looking pretty promising, only thing I found lacking (no co-op) was included in number 2, can't wait for those 20-ish hours to go!

Oh, and since none of my Steam friends are getting it, any MMO-Champ peeps want to play co-op with me tomorrow? I've got a vent server and everything... ;p

me too, i cant wait to play it. I havent friends to play it because they are yohoho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BlFxuyqYQ

My name in Steam is The Ancient One (with a image of a cyclop)

Can't wait for coop

Is pre-downloading available yet? I checked last night but it wasn't and currently unable to check due to being at work.

I enjoyed the first one a lot even though I didn't play it very much, so I'm looking forward to the 2nd one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Is pre-downloading available yet? I checked last night but it wasn't and currently unable to check due to being at work.
    I'm unable to download it, unless I'm being dumb and not looking in the right places. But at the very least, I right-clicked the name of the game, and among the options, installation was not listed. There also wasn't an 'Install' button on the page. So I'm going to go with no.

I'm now awaiting a 'Gnomes Must Die!' game.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I'm unable to download it, unless I'm being dumb and not looking in the right places. But at the very least, I right-clicked the name of the game, and among the options, installation was not listed. There also wasn't an 'Install' button on the page. So I'm going to go with no.

I'm now awaiting a 'Gnomes Must Die!' game.
    If they opened the game for modding it would be perfect. I would totally turn the kobolds into gnomes.

Pre-ordered just now even though I never came further than the startmenu in part 1. Looks interesting enough to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    If they opened the game for modding it would be perfect. I would totally turn the kobolds into gnomes.
    Because, I mean really, that's the only thing missing in the game. The ability to punt gnomes.

Can anyone think of a legitimate reason as to why a gaming company wouldn't open a game up to modding by the community? I'm not too familiar with the process...is it time consuming or something? I mean, games can be vastly improved with mods such as Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Pre-ordered just now even though I never came further than the startmenu in part 1. Looks interesting enough to buy it
    Blasphemy! You get to playing #1 right now! There are Orcs to be slain!

Because, I mean really, that's the only thing missing in the game. The ability to punt gnomes.

Can anyone think of a legitimate reason as to why a gaming company wouldn't open a game up to modding by the community? I'm not too familiar with the process...is it time consuming or something? I mean, games can be vastly improved with mods such as Skyrim.
    Setting them on fire... Freezing them... Pouring acid on them... Crushing them.. Oh god yes..

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...2-mod-support/

They simply just don't as stated in that article.

“We won’t be supporting Steam Workshop or similar modding for OMD2,” said a Robot Entertainment rep.

No reason at all is given.

Skyrim modding was possible before they released the creation kit and im sure there'll be a modding scene for this too.

I must say, I chuckled at that article:

But then I began to imagine the possibilities afforded by legally binding, exploding-collar-enforced commitment to our benevolent platform of choice. Custom levels, all sorts of off-the-wall player created traps, genre-twisting overhauls like Orcs Must Meticulously Manage A Small Business For Some Reason. So, giddy with thoughts of pie-in-the-sky promise (and my custom map that’s a lot like BioShock Infinite, except set on a giant pie)...
    That said, ffffff. Why you no give mods, Robot Entertainment?!?

C'mon, video game industry. There's little downside to this (that I can think of, anyway), and you're adding so much more content to your game (and even fixing problematic parts)...and you're not even having to do that! The gaming community can do it. C'mon...

There actually was a response or two on the Steam Forums regarding this, lemme find them...

We're not using UE3. UE comes with the mod tools baked into the engine. It's handy when releasing editing tools. But not every engine works that way.

We use a variety of tools to setup our levels for playthrough. the video linked above really only takes into account the art side of level creation. It doesn't account for design, onslaught setups, or putting in trap grids (definitions of where traps can be placed). While we've greatly improved our internal tools to allow us to do things better and faster for game development, creating a whole toolset that we can release to the public as a downloadable individual program would still be a hefty amount of work. As an independent studio, we need to stay focused on creating games, our primary product. Shipping free editors takes a ton of resources, and while it would be a brilliant addition to our community, it ultimately isn't going to keep the studio running on it's own.

We recognize that this game is a great fit for some mod tools. We hope to add the onslaught editor we had in OMD1 back in for this game, but we won't be supporting full level creation at this time.
    It came from http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2791202

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Just found the OMD franchise because of this thread....

HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS!? ill be buying it when it comes out for me and my gf
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

does anyone know the release time for this game i preordered it ages ago nearly forgot about it
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

6 PM GMT

Really looking forward to it, bought a friend a copy as well so gonna have a lot of fun with it.

Blasphemy! You get to playing #1 right now! There are Orcs to be slain!
    No time

I LOVED the first Orcs Must Die, and I can only imagine that co-op will only make it more awesome.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's up, gogo download.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    It's up, gogo download.
    ...and now that it's fully downloaded, the wait is longer than ever. Dammit, co-op partner, get online! *pouts*

I'm going to play as the female, who's going to do the same?

I just finished playing the first one, picked it up during the Steam summer sale. It was fun. Coop might be nice if it has a browser - too often they put in coop and then leave no way for people whose friends are primarily not gamers to find other players.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.