Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ranger Pets Showcase (What are some of your thoughts on the Ranger pets?)

How do you guys feel about the pet selection in GW2? I know there are quite a few pets but I was really hoping there would be even more. Here is a showcase that explains all of the ranger pets and their special abilities, are you happy or disappointed with the number of pets and their abilities? I also know that the pets just hang out in certain locations and are all very easy to get. I was really hoping some pets would be super rare and hard to tame... what do you guys think? Maybe I was just hoping that tracking down the pets would be a little more like pokemon :P

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL that video is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I love that video. There's also a pet guide on Gw2hub: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/...ns/ranger/pets

Just a spoiler alert- it does give general locations for where they are located.

"The Hyena will laugh at all your jokes, even the racist ones" lolol

10+ Year Old Account
    Very amusing video indeed!

On topic: I'm quite happy with the diversity of pets, altough I would like some sort of "rare pets" with diferent models and freakin hard to get.

After seeing this I decided I'll create a ranger just for the pig pet! Gonna call her Miss Piggy

Do you guys know if there are any rare pets that are harder to find? I'm a little disappointed that all the pets have generic areas they are going to be, sort of makes tracking them down boring. Would love if there were some travelling animals that were a challenge to find sort of like in WOW

Lol, that was an awesome video. Seriously though, my only complaints were their overall responsiveness and that some of the pets look kinda bland and outdated graphically.

I loved the wide selection of pets. Idk what one I will use yet though!!!! I feel like with my condition builds I will use kitties, and for my LB build I will use a mixture of dogs and spiders. I'm really not sure on the LB though, I want some pets that have really nice damage as well as decent cripples.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the selection, but there are some animals that I wish I could have for pets, like the raptors. SOO cute bawwww.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Quote Originally Posted by lmenvs View Post
    I do like the selection, but there are some animals that I wish I could have for pets, like the raptors. SOO cute bawwww.
    I could see myself having a pet asura...But i'd settle for a raptor in an expansion too..

Are there really going to be raptors??

The Fern Wolf was super useful. Combat skills sorta sucked but the regen and swap to raven was fantastic. Raven's blind was invaluable while soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theslipperyotter View Post
    Are there really going to be raptors??

They're in the game, just no juvenile ones to tame.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Lol, that was an awesome video. Seriously though, my only complaints were their overall responsiveness and that some of the pets look kinda bland and outdated graphically.
    they were extremely responsive in this beta... and i don't see how they were bland or outdated in any way..
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Pretty much the best pet system I ever seen. Never had my pet chase off after a target I did not intend, using the pet skills [F2] was fast & responsive, swapping & managing pets was a snap, capturing was a snap [not like GW1 where you had to have 2 skills on our bar... FU], redirecting the pet or calling them out of combat was instant....

The pet system just worked without a lot of direct consideration or babysitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see lions, tigers, and other general basic awesome animals.

I will settle with these for now... But I wants moar purdy amiminals!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I would love to see lions, tigers, and other general basic awesome animals.

I will settle with these for now... But I wants moar purdy amiminals!
    Lions live in Elona, tigers live in Cantha, so there are quite a few animals that we know about that we just can't get to yet due to elder dragons blocking our paths.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Lions live in Elona, tigers live in Cantha, so there are quite a few animals that we know about that we just can't get to yet due to elder dragons blocking our paths.
    Hence why I said I would settle "for now..." :P

Needz moar GW2!

*me while playing*

I just really want there to be more of a challenge when tracking down and taming these pets! But maybe in the PVE there will be more exploration and make it interesting. Who knows!

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume they will put in some rare/hard to tame pets in the game. GW1 had this as well (Black Moa, UW spider, Rainbow phoenix, etc.)

Also, in pre-searing (the tutorial area for Prophecies) there were black bears, which had a skill called charm-breaker (iirc). This would interrupt rangers trying to charm them, making them un-charmable.

However, due to a glitch, if another party member aggro'd the bear and ran away, with some good timing, the bear would be too late to use the skill.

I love Baloo, my perma-pre warrior's bear
    Monk, I need a monk!!!